Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Where are the New Teen Titans? These look like DC characters from the early to mid 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun View Post

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/11...te-convergence

a high definition image could be nice. I see golden age jla, superman red son, renee montoya question, cassandra cain, wally, stephanie brown, old harley
    kamandi
    quality!!!! Whoot!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    He means fans of DC Comics the way it was before the relaunch, who are into the legacy and long history/continuity.
    That describes me too!

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Honestly, I was meh towards the guy... until it came to light that he's a misogynist creep. The fact that people have forgotten so quickly is fairly bothersome. Now I refuse to support anything with his name on it. Same thing with Orson Scott Card. You really cant work in this medium and get away with BS like that. The LGBT crowd and minorities in general make up a huge portion of the fan-base, and theres no room for supporting ignorant white/straight/Christian males who just dont get it.
    If he can do the job, he can do the job, and his personal views and opinions are irrelevant. You are, of course, free not to buy whatever you don't want to buy for whatever reason, but your opinion of them has nothing to do with whether or not they can or should work in the medium.

BANNED

I don't know enough about Lobdell to know if he's a misogynist, but from what I've read he has an irritating personality and tends to make inappropriate jokes. The event in question seems more like a case of that then him actually being the type of guy who would seriously ask a woman telling a deeply personal story "Did you ###?" It was over the line, it was disgusting, but it sounds more like an attempt to land a "zinger" (remember, he was a stand-up comedian at one point though that didn't seem to work out for him) than his actual attitude. That he thought that might be OK is definitely poor judgment though.

I'll give him credit for at least trying to include LGBT and minority characters in his books as well as focusing on the females in a group as more than love interests, but he also made his name taking over the X-franchise from Chris Claremont who'd done all that for nearly 20 years and got to see how that contributed to making it the most popular franchise in comics. That said, his writing post-Generation X has been just awful. I'm not interested in reading anything he's a part of because of his recent track record, the other stuff is just added reason not to grant a second (third, fourth?) chance.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

No Thank you DC...I'll pass. (I don't do it for Marvel and I'm sure as bloody hell not doing it for you).
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    What do you mean by "fans like (you)"?
    "Fans" with a persecution complex.

BANNED

That describes me too!
    ...and does not like DC if it doesn't have all that legacy and long history/continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    I don't know enough about Lobdell to know if he's a misogynist, but from what I've read he has an irritating personality and tends to make inappropriate jokes. The event in question seems more like a case of that then him actually being the type of guy who would seriously ask a woman telling a deeply personal story "Did you ###?" It was over the line, it was disgusting, but it sounds more like an attempt to land a "zinger" (remember, he was a stand-up comedian at one point though that didn't seem to work out for him) than his actual attitude. That he thought that might be OK is definitely poor judgment though.

I'll give him credit for at least trying to include LGBT and minority characters in his books as well as focusing on the females in a group as more than love interests, but he also made his name taking over the X-franchise from Chris Claremont who'd done all that for nearly 20 years and got to see how that contributed to making it the most popular franchise in comics. That said, his writing post-Generation X has been just awful. I'm not interested in reading anything he's a part of because of his recent track record, the other stuff is just added reason not to grant a second (third, fourth?) chance.
    Yup even is Teen Titans at the beginning was one of the most diverse team DC had seconded or equal to the The Others

If he can do the job, he can do the job, and his personal views and opinions are irrelevant. You are, of course, free not to buy whatever you don't want to buy for whatever reason, but your opinion of them has nothing to do with whether or not they can or should work in the medium.
    Pretty much this.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

So after Morrison tells his intricate Multiversity story, DC aka the pathogenic Gentry (Johns, Lobdell, Lee, Didio, Nelson, etc.) is going to tell their own haphazard, redundant, and vacuous multiversity story ... where's Aquaflash, the Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R., the Love Syndicate, and the Super-Americans?!! DC still messin' up, folks.

BANNED

Hope we see Ray Palmer back as The Atom in this Sirzechs. How about you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Yup even is Teen Titans at the beginning was one of the most diverse team DC had seconded or equal to the The Others
    Haters tend to purposely ignore the facts.

BANNED

I'm hoping they leave the door open for new adventures with these old favorites once this is over. I don't need them to be a full part of the New 52 but it would be nice to have one off specials or even a crossover from time to time with these past greats. I mean how awesome would it be to see the New 52 Superman team with either the Golden or Silver/ Bronze age Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    So after Morrison tells his intricate Multiversity story, DC aka the pathogenic Gentry (Johns, Lobdell, Lee, Didio, Nelson, etc.) is going to tell their own haphazard, redundant, and vacuous multiversity story ... where's Aquaflash, the Agents of W.O.N.D.E.R., the Love Syndicate, and the Super-Americans?!! DC still messin' up, folks.
    I swear comic book fans find the simplest thing to whine about, this isn't even the same thing as Multiversity so I don't see how you even came to this conclusion.