Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Why does Marvel/DC events always seem like the same thing, just with different characters?
    That's because there are some similarities to other stories that have come before. Someone mentioned Countdown where Monarch pulled together a bunch of heroes from different realities to make an army of the best of the best by pitting them against one another in a battle royale.

Somehow I expect a lot of the typical superhero misunderstandings and fisticuffs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Only one I'm confused at is the middle Batman one.
    It's the vampire Batman from "Red Rain" and its sequels.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Why does Marvel/DC events always seem like the same thing, just with different characters?
    I dunno, this doesn't seem like a Marvel event. I mean, where are all of the heroes beating up and fighting other heroes?

BANNED

For those who say "this sounds like just a filler" - um, yes, that's exactly what it is. It says so right in the article.

But that doesn't mean it might not be a fun read.

At the same time, once the two-month span is over, we'll be back to the regular new52. There is some suggestion that there is something else going on in June, but that would be a separate thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorNova View Post
    Thank god marvel is having their event orgy, I'll be able to afford this!!! While lobdell isn't the best at dialogue his ideas are interesting so I have hope for this.

Excited to see what happens to the DCU
    Hahahaha this post makes me laugh and shake my head. This is an event.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Hahahaha this post makes me laugh and shake my head. This is an event.
    Not really. It's a filler story whilst they pack up and move offices so they at least have some comics being published, being passed off as an event for marketing reasons.

Had me interested until I read 'Lobdell'. Will be interested in some of the two-parters though, depending on the creative teams (fan of Tomasi/Gleason, Azzarrello Morrisson (at times), Snyder, Lemire, etc. so hopefully they'll be getting a title or two).

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    For those who say "this sounds like just a filler" - um, yes, that's exactly what it is. It says so right in the article.

But that doesn't mean it might not be a fun read.

At the same time, once the two-month span is over, we'll be back to the regular new52. There is some suggestion that there is something else going on in June, but that would be a separate thing.
    I feel burned by DC for the past year.

I am a continuity buyer, so I skip books that are perceived to be unimportant or out of continuity or continuity-lite. Originally, I skipped Futures End because it didn't feature any major characters and took place 5 years in the future, one that most likely will never come to pass. Then DC announced the Futures End one-shots and it got my attention. Certainly an unimportant or continuity-less series like Futures End would crossover into EVERY book unless it was a big deal. So I bought all the Futures End one-shots that pertained to my books. The only one that had any continuity in it was Flash. I realized where the story was going and jumped ship, cutting my losses. Then this whole Convergence thing which is entirely extraneous appears and says it ties into Futures End and it completely justifies my original thinking. DC is really good at tricking customers into thinking a product is one thing when it is really another.

So with all the goodwill spent, I will skip the entire 2-month event. Maybe that will gain me some of my lost Futures End money back.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

- 90s with Parallax Hal Jordan, Hook Aquaman, Steel and Azrael
    - Justice Society of America (Pre-New 52)
    - Crime Syndicate of America (Pre-Crisis)
    - Charlton Comics heroes
    - Flashpoint
    - ???
    - Batman Red Rain
    - Wildstorm
    - Justice Riders
    - ???
    - ???

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Eldritch View Post
    It's the vampire Batman from "Red Rain" and its sequels.
    I think you're right. Is that the Dick Grayson from Countdown's Search for Ray Palmer there?

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Youch, I really dont know how comic book readers can follow all this stuff. A mini-event is one thing but all those two-parters...I could hear the stressed cries of comic book store owners already.

I pretty much got into DC during the New52, bought and read a bunch of the old GNs of the really big hits and then jumped in at Flashpoint. I still collect a couple of titles here and there but all the pocket-events/alternate-universes (with accompanying one-shots), or the villains month thing, just had me falling behind. I'm still enjoying Snyder's Batman run though.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I feel burned by DC for the past year.

I am a continuity buyer, so I skip books that are perceived to be unimportant or out of continuity or continuity-lite. Originally, I skipped Futures End because it didn't feature any major characters and took place 5 years in the future, one that most likely will never come to pass. Then DC announced the Futures End one-shots and it got my attention. Certainly an unimportant or continuity-less series like Futures End would crossover into EVERY book unless it was a big deal. So I bought all the Futures End one-shots that pertained to my books. The only one that had any continuity in it was Flash. I realized where the story was going and jumped ship, cutting my losses. Then this whole Convergence thing which is entirely extraneous appears and says it ties into Futures End and it completely justifies my original thinking. DC is really good at tricking customers into thinking a product is one thing when it is really another.

So with all the goodwill spent, I will skip the entire 2-month event. Maybe that will gain me some of my lost Futures End money back.
    You are a continuity buyer yet you didn't get Futures End, something that has been constantly teased as effecting the DC Universe? Heck, I seriously doubt this 2 month "Convergence" is all of the fallout Futures End will even have.

I haven't skipped anything from DC since the New 52 started...but this sounds like something I might skip completely. Give me a good chance to save some money for about 2 months till the regular titles start up again.

It just sounds completely uninteresting and it's also got a horrible writer (Lobdell) with a so-so writer (Jurgens).

Amazing Member

spins out of the finales of "Earth 2: World's End" and "The New 52: Futures End"
    Dan Jurgens... Scott Lobdell
    Wow, Convergence not only just killed my any interest in reading it, but it also has spat on the grave of that dead interest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Is that the Dick Grayson from Countdown's Search for Ray Palmer there?
    I believe so.