Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

DC is pretty much handing Marvel those two months because this looks beyond boring and definitely won't have any consequences

I would bet money this leads to a Crisis this Summer which will be announced before the event or solicits, not handing Marvel two months

Now we just don't have to deal with filler in semptember
    DC is giving us filler even earlier than that

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Gotta love all the negativity. I despair sometimes....sigh.

Anyhow, sounds like fun. I'll likely not get the main series due to money issues, however those two parters and one shots may pique my interests. (Prays for a Pre-Crisis/Bronze age Superman one shot in the mix).

BANNED

40 2-part stories? I'm going to need to see some creative team announcements before I can judge this. If they're like the Decade Era one-shots ('80s Flash or '90s Green Lantern for example), where they bring back classic/fan-favorite creative teams to make tie-ins to this overarching story then I'll probably be picking up a few.

Extraordinary Member

This looks like fun. I get the feeling some of the stuff they are saying is going to lead people get their hopes up about stuff, but maybe it will be the way they actually bring some of these missing characters into the New 52.

I am not sure why Futures End did not make me remember something that this announcement did, but did anyone read Flashpoint: Kid Flash Lost? I just started reading DC with that event and the story really stuck out to me. I was kind of disappointed when it seems that none of it was followed up in the New 52 since it seemed to take place outside of the time stream. Now I am really curious to go read that again to see how much of the story or concept had actually been followed through to Futures End.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Gotta love all the negativity. I despair sometimes....sigh.

I hope to never get bitter and cynical like some people here. Jeez...
    Last edited by Andrew Eldritch; 11-03-2014 at 01:12 PM.

I'm really not sure I'm going to pick any of this up, so i guess i can look forward to saving some money for two months or so.

Astonishing Member

Take Multiversity, make it cheap and crappy, and that's what you'll obtain.

"...leading to an eight-part main series and 40 two-part miniseries that examine the worlds from the past eight decades of the DC Universe, and the heroes and villains they contain."

I think there will be something for just about everyone in the minis, in self-contained, done-in-two (a nice change from a traditional one-shot) mini-epics. I am looking forward to (fingers crossed) a Wolfman/Perez 'Teen Titans' book, a Levitz/Giffen 'Legion' tale, and perhaps an Ordway 'JSA'.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    start April 1 ???
    there's something meta about that.
    Maybe DC should have turned Thursday into the "new comic books day" for that one week . . .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I would bet money this leads to a Crisis this Summer which will be announced before the event or solicits, not handing Marvel two months
    this is what I think too, two weeklies just to show many AUs? there's a big event later

Sounds interesting. I still think there will be a Crisis event that starts in June...Convergence may be the lead in. I wouldn't think DC would pass up an opportunity to do a Crisis event on the 30th Anniversary.

My interest in this is mainly because of seeing that previous iteration of the Crime Syndicate, as well as the Flashpoint reality (Citizen Cold!)

I only jumped into DC comics a little bit before Flashpoint was released, so a lot of the realities seen in that promo art are lost on me (aside from the obvious ones!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

I for one would be happy if DC started to publish multiple universe series. Old farts like me could have the old continuity and the newer readers can keep their New 52. Wally, Blue Beetle and the bwah ha ha Justice League would all be back! This would be a win for everybody!
    Read Hyperactive Comics on comicfury, The Duck web comics and Tapastic!!