Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Seems like it could be good. Hopefully the legion get a story.

Even if there is no crisis coming which I believe there is aren't the point of comics to entertain, so I don't understand why some say no one will buy because they don't count. This Thinking is why marvel gives us non stop events. How about buying comics for cool stories

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Yep can't have year 2 of Batman Eternal if year 1 gets erased, convergence is just a filler for the moving.
    I'll never get over DC cutting Geoff Johns' Green Lantern short before the reboot!

I'm cautiously hopeful for this to lead into a crazy Crisis. The happening has begun.

DC has my money for April and May!
    In my memories, the Great Console Wars dragged on like my own private Vietnam, and it didn’t help that I was still constantly in trouble at school and in and out of therapy at the time for anger, attention and authority issues.
    -Bob "MovieBob" Chipman, professional video game critic and journalist.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll jump when something Teen Titan -related pops up.
    :/

two part
    Atom series

I know yo guys can't see this, but that white stuff on my screen?

Dat ain't mayo
    In my memories, the Great Console Wars dragged on like my own private Vietnam, and it didn’t help that I was still constantly in trouble at school and in and out of therapy at the time for anger, attention and authority issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch C. View Post
    I for one would be happy if DC started to publish multiple universe series. Old farts like me could have the old continuity and the newer readers can keep their New 52. Wally, Blue Beetle and the bwah ha ha Justice League would all be back! This would be a win for everybody!
    Yeah, us old timers definitely kept the pre-52 selling really well and made sure the company made solid cash on their comics division....

oh, wait....

Anyway....likely gonna pass on a lot of this but if there's a good two-parter with a solid creative team, I'll jump. Something with some Bronze Age Superman perhaps, or the old Wolfman Titans maybe. If we get something with Az-Bats, Hitman, Kate Spencer's Manhunter, Damage or The Ray, I'm there.

Overall, this looks like I'll be saving a little bit of money during these months.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    I feel burned by DC for the past year.

I am a continuity buyer, so I skip books that are perceived to be unimportant or out of continuity or continuity-lite. Originally, I skipped Futures End because it didn't feature any major characters and took place 5 years in the future, one that most likely will never come to pass. Then DC announced the Futures End one-shots and it got my attention. Certainly an unimportant or continuity-less series like Futures End would crossover into EVERY book unless it was a big deal. So I bought all the Futures End one-shots that pertained to my books. The only one that had any continuity in it was Flash. I realized where the story was going and jumped ship, cutting my losses. Then this whole Convergence thing which is entirely extraneous appears and says it ties into Futures End and it completely justifies my original thinking. DC is really good at tricking customers into thinking a product is one thing when it is really another.

So with all the goodwill spent, I will skip the entire 2-month event. Maybe that will gain me some of my lost Futures End money back.
    As a continuity buyer I am glad to say I did not skip the New 52 just because "my"
    characters weren't in at as they were before the New 52.

BANNED

Have all the kon-el superboys get into the same room,and see what happens plz

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Gotta love DC fans. Marvel is doing basically the same thing with old universes and everyone is excited. DC does it and everyone complains.

I will buy the stories that look interesting, what more can a comic fan do? If all DC titles are suspended, I may wind up getting a hell of a lot of these since I won't be buying much for 9 weeks.

Really, flying on a plane should not interfere with making comics, its not 1972 haha, jk..... But really?

Obviously, the creators on these stories i guess are going to be folks who have not been working for a while.

I mean coloering on that promo image is 90's Mainstay HiFi. And of course 90s mainstays Lobdell and jurgens

Will be great fun to pick and choose what books to get of the Convergence.

Cass Cain plz

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Gotta love DC fans. Marvel is doing basically the same thing with old universes and everyone is excited. DC does it and everyone complains.
    Look, I am not that interested in Marvel's Secret War either, but having Hickman as a writer and Ribic as the artist can give the whole project a coherence and a quality which Convergence doesn't seem to have. Frankly speaking, the whole operation seems like a two-month, extremely expensive and useless fill-in.
    Last edited by Myskin; 11-03-2014 at 09:11 AM.

God bless you if this is what you want. But as for me...
    0 Nay.jpg

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Tellos is an awesome looking character. One of my favorite new designs. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaider View Post
    Tellos is an awesome looking character. One of my favorite new designs. Nice!
    Mine too!

TELLOS_hardcover_art_by_Wieringo1.jpg

Oh wait, this is something else...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hutchimus Prime; 11-03-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

The rumor is that Tim Truman is either going to be doing a Hawkman or Jonah Hex two-parter, so if nothing else, this "event" will be worth it for that.