Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    We should all tweet Quesada and Alonso that we want an ongoing X-Men 92 book! (Hey it worked for Spider-Gwen!)
    Way back when the series was running, Marvel did have an on going book based on it.

One advantage back then was Saturday morning cartoons were far more accessable than they are now. All you needed to watch Fox kids was a roof annena! Besides the X-Men and Spiderman TAS, anybody here watch Bobby's World besides me?

Spectacular Member

I never did get tired of listening to that intro song. Ah, memories...

The intro song and the Voice actors that's about the only thing I can tolerate from the show nowadays

Bah, what is this nonsense about the cartoon not aging well? I can still marathon the whole shows, Xmen TAS is amazing. Then again, I've never out grown cartoon. If anything, I've just expanded to watching more types of cartoons over the years, like anime. I know, boo hisss.

I suppose I took the slogan "I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid" a little too seriously. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not only going to sell well, but that the demand will be WAY over what Marvel expects. Seriously, look how excited most of us are-- and we don't have any clue what the story will be about!! They are complete and total idiots if they don't take advantage of our love of the past.

Who here would pony up five bucks to see the blue team/ TAS crew reunited for an issue?
    Uuunnnnf! Spas you and I both know we just got super giddy seeing ole Remy and Rogue on the offense together again, in their greatest uniforms

But yes! I would pony up $5 every two weeks for as long as that run goes. You know the only thing recent I can think of like this was Claremont's run in X-Men Forever. But he drastically changed everything up a couple of issues in, they didn't even resemble their iconic selves by issues 25. Still, it is CC, and I must submit to his greatness...

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I enjoyed Inspector Gadget and Heathcliff in my younger days. Doesn't mean I want to read a comic with them now.

I loved the cartoon, the lineup, the scope of the stories and the cameos! Of course it feels "old" nowadays but apart from BTAS that was from the same period and JLU i can't think of a superhero cartoon that was so faithful and complete as this one. Loved the teaser and the art!

Once I heard "Previously on X-Men...", my eyes were glued to the set.

Ah 1992. Where's my Chronic CD?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Uuunnnnf! Spas you and I both know we just got super giddy seeing ole Remy and Rogue on the offense together again, in their greatest uniforms

But yes! I would pony up $5 every two weeks for as long as that run goes. You know the only thing recent I can think of like this was Claremont's run in X-Men Forever. But he drastically changed everything up a couple of issues in, they didn't even resemble their iconic selves by issues 25. Still, it is CC, and I must submit to his greatness...
    That series was proof that his greatness has left the building.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sagiravi View Post
    A continuation to Evolution would have been more interesting as it was so different from the comics and some of the characterizations were so unique, but i guess it wasn't popular enough to get a comic continuation. The 90's cartoon was more like a demo version of the iconic comic storylines, what would they continue it with ? a demo version of Morrison's run ?
    There was a brief comic continuation of Evo...it only went about 10 issues.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I wish they had a TAS that was in the same animation style, had the same voice actors, but followed the books from the Messiah Age forward. that would be a cool mindfuck to watch on screen.

BANNED

Another nostalgia fix for money$$$$$. Marvel, where's the progress here? Don't stagnate, ELEVATE.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    But the aftermath was so cool! I loved when Logan slugged Scott, and then carved up Scott's car! "Tell Scott, I made him a convertible!" :-p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_tLWMm0Fo

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    I enjoyed Inspector Gadget and Heathcliff in my younger days. Doesn't mean I want to read a comic with them now.
    Oh, come on.
    You STILL want Penny's watch.
    We ALL wanted Penny's watch.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."