Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Chadwick Boseman "Amazed" by Reaction to "Black Panther" Film

The star of Marvel Studios' upcoming "Black Panther" movie is ready to dive right into bringing the iconic character to life.

Full article here.

african accent or not?

i can't recall his cartoon appearances.

BANNED

Black Panther has had a accent for all of his tv/game media apparences

What Marvel is doing here is not only amazing it's unprecedented.

I like Boseman personally and I think he's a decent actor to be sure. All I ask is that T'Challa does have an accent. Hell, a few parts with him speaking in his native tongue wouldn't hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    african accent or not?

Hopefully a bit of one, I think. That'd be nice. Liked the one he had in EMH, something alone those lines'd be good.

He was in Black Panther, an animated series from 2006, of that name.

Also, in Seasons 1 and 2 of Avengers: Earths' Mightiest Heroes, 2010-2012/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    What Marvel is doing here is not only amazing it's unprecedented.
    What do you mean by unprecedented? If by black lead, for comic book film, then there's Spawn, even with the scars, mask, all that.

Or, a whole Blade trilogy, 90s, 00s.

Steel, around the 80s.

Sure, the amount or quality, excluding Blade, or Blade II, perhaps, and maybe Spawn - meaning only two really poor - could be better or higher, but at least that's something.

Hopefully both Black Panther and Cyborg can help matters there, or the Luke Cage show.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I hope he can do an accent better than Halle so he doesn't have to just give up on it halfway through the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Hopefully a bit of one, I think. That'd be nice. Liked the one he had in EMH, something alone those lines'd be good.

He was in Black Panther, an animated series from 2006, of that name.

Also, in Seasons 1 and 2 of Avengers: Earths' Mightiest Heroes, 2010-2012/2013.
    BP's first cartoon appearance was in the 90's Fantastic Four, voiced by Keith David.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    african accent or not?

It'd have to be more specific than "African", though. It depends on where they place Wakanda....

Though, it would be realistic if he came from a French or British accent...

Extraordinary Member

He sounded American when he appeared at the panel. But thats obvious.

He seems like he'll be a great T'Challa, and I'm really happy that people responded positively.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    What do you mean by unprecedented? If by black lead, for comic book film, then there's Spawn, even with the scars, mask, all that.

Or, a whole Blade trilogy, 90s, 00s.

Steel, around the 80s.

Sure, the amount or quality, excluding Blade, or Blade II, perhaps, and maybe Spawn - meaning only two really poor - could be better or higher, but at least that's something.

Hopefully both Black Panther and Cyborg can help matters there, or the Luke Cage show.
    None of those movies were only done by Marvel's own studio or are part of the MCU, they were all co-produced with someone else, such as New Line in the case of the Blade movies.

relax guys he still has a year and 7 months for an accent so i won't be worried.
    the avengers emh was the best one though

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    BP's first cartoon appearance was in the 90's Fantastic Four, voiced by Keith David.
    Ah, I remember that show well, Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, Galactus, Puppet Master and all.

I didn't know that, thanks.

And, I don't think it matters too much there, Mockingbird, as Marvel Studios did The Incredible Hulk with Universal, but it was still a Marvel Studios film, with later references, Super-Soldier and Tony Stark, or Stark Industries stuff nailing it in, late additions or not.

A big deal, sure, but it has been done before, so is not unprecedented in that regard, at least, black lead wise.

But, still something to celebrate, a new black led film, a Black Panther movie, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Ah, I remember that show well, Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, Galactus, Puppet Master and all.

I didn't know that, thanks.

And, I don't think it matters too much there, Mockingbird, as Marvel Studios did The Incredible Hulk with Universal, but it was still a Marvel Studios film, with later references, Super-Soldier and Tony Stark, or Stark Industries stuff nailing it in, late additions or not.

A big deal, sure, but it has been done before, so is not unprecedented in that regard, at least, black lead wise.

But, still something to celebrate, a new black led film, a Black Panther movie, and all that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    It'd have to be more specific than "African", though. It depends on where they place Wakanda....

Though, it would be realistic if he came from a French or British accent...
    Ethipia, or old Mali would make the most sense.