View Poll Results: Which recast , new or yet to be featured prominent characters should the movies focus on?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyclops

46 54.76%
  • Jean Grey

39 46.43%
  • Storm

46 54.76%
  • Quicksilver

12 14.29%
  • Gambit

21 25.00%
  • Nightcrawler

26 30.95%
  • Cable

14 16.67%
  • Psylocke

27 32.14%
  • Domino

8 9.52%
  • Deadpool

14 16.67%
  • Bishop

8 9.52%
  • Blink

9 10.71%
  • Warpath

7 8.33%
  • Sunspot

4 4.76%
  • Polaris

14 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Picked Cable, Domino, and Deadpool (the REAL Deadpool) because I haven't seen them in a movie yet...

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer009 View Post
    I'm all for your suggestion, I think all X-Men fans want a real X-Men style movie and not these focus pieces that we have gotten. Unfortunately it seems Fox has their money on certain actors playing roles and thats the direction they're going to keep going with the announcements they have made concerning the future of the franchise. I am still dreading an official Mystique movie announcement...
    No, I am perfectly happy with the movies that we have gotten. The fact that the movies treat these characters as actual CHARACTERS and not just super powered set pieces is what makes these movies great

Amazing Member

I think we will and should have Jean, Cyclops, and Storm as the main focus of the movies after Apocalypse. Sinister is one of the villains they have yet to touch and it is likely that he'll show up after Apocalypse. Having Jean and Scott be the main focus in relation to Sinister being the main villain is the best way to go. You could have him as the villain for a trilogy or duology. It essentially allows Scott to have his own type of personal antagonist the way Wolverine has had Stryker.

That is the way I always see it, not just looking for who they can highlight but who makes sense in the current situation/timeline of the movies, and Jean, Cyclops, and Storm make the most sense. This is especially after Wolverine having Xavier make the promise to find them in DOFP.

They can focus on other characters in either X-Force or X-Factor movies taking place simultaneously.
    Last edited by JJLong; 11-03-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Picked Cable, Domino, and Deadpool (the REAL Deadpool) because I haven't seen them in a movie yet...
    Pretty sure they will be the core characters in an X-Force film, whenever FOX gets around to it. Psylocke too.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Wish they would take another stab at portraying Rogue on film as with her Ms Marvel powers... seems really a wasted opportunity right there. Likewise with portrayed a strong leader Cyclops, needs to happen. Storm has been fine, Jean was ok until the Phoenix HORRIBLE mistelling of X-3. They should seriously redo Cyclops, Rogue, Jean to a lesser extent, and then actually have Colossus, a better more fleshed out and "fun" Nightcrawler, a better more fleshed out Kitty Pryde. And then they can start branching into less core characters and newer characters. But first fix their horrible mistakes with portrayals of core team. And get off the g-damn focus on Wolvie/Xavier/Mags/Mystique(??? Of all characters why this one lulz)

Forgot to mention: Would love them to start introducing the classic New Mutants lineup also.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Amazing Member

I think it'll be at least 2 or maybe 3 main X-Men movies before they reintroduce Rogue, so maybe 4 to 6 years. I do think they'll go with her getting her Ms. Marvel powers this time. Though it'll be interesting to see who see gains them from considering Fox doesn't have the rights to Ms. Marvel. And since Mystique has played such a big role in the series, I think it is likely that she'll have the step-mother relationship with Rogue this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Pretty sure they will be the core characters in an X-Force film, whenever FOX gets around to it. Psylocke too.
    I hope so, but until then...

I voted Cyclops and Psylocke. I wish Colossus was in the poll, but whatever.

I also don't think getting rid of magneto for the next movies is a great idea. Fassbender is a boss in Mags role.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I had limited choice options so I preferred adding announced new characters, underused characters or recasts
    Rogue. Including Cyke and Jean but no room for the character most deserving of a fix... SMH

Personally, I'd like to see that Emma Frost didn't actually die pre-DOFP she just possessed someone else's body like Xavier did at the end of X3. That way we can get someone other than January Jones to play her as well!

I'd also like to see an actual fun Nightcrawler and not the mopey religious zealot in X2. Psylocke supposedly was in X3 but didn't seem to act like she should, and I can't even remember if her powers were correctly portrayed. I guess we could say that was actually Revanche in those scenes.

Quicksilver was a delight, and his power was visually incredible in the special fx department, they should bring him back. Bring in the Scarlet Witch as well, just to PO Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Warpath and Psylocke should lead the X-men.
    If Psylocke does appear again let's hope that they actually care to get the character right this time. Last time she appeared she was part of Magneto's mutant army in X3 and she didn't even have the right powers instead having some shadow teleporting going on.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wish they would take another stab at portraying Rogue on film as with her Ms Marvel powers... seems really a wasted opportunity right there. Likewise with portrayed a strong leader Cyclops, needs to happen. Storm has been fine, Jean was ok until the Phoenix HORRIBLE mistelling of X-3. They should seriously redo Cyclops, Rogue, Jean to a lesser extent, and then actually have Colossus, a better more fleshed out and "fun" Nightcrawler, a better more fleshed out Kitty Pryde. And then they can start branching into less core characters and newer characters. But first fix their horrible mistakes with portrayals of core team. And get off the g-damn focus on Wolvie/Xavier/Mags/Mystique(??? Of all characters why this one lulz)

Forgot to mention: Would love them to start introducing the classic New Mutants lineup also.
    The new mutants in film would be awesome. Fox needs to raid the treasure chest marvel has. There's more then wolverine Xavier and Magneto. Heck more then the x-men. I'd love new mutants, gen x new x-men, original x-force characters like cable, domino Shatterstar
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by JJLong View Post
    I think we will and should have Jean, Cyclops, and Storm as the main focus of the movies after Apocalypse. Sinister is one of the villains they have yet to touch and it is likely that he'll show up after Apocalypse. Having Jean and Scott be the main focus in relation to Sinister being the main villain is the best way to go. You could have him as the villain for a trilogy or duology. It essentially allows Scott to have his own type of personal antagonist the way Wolverine has had Stryker.

That is the way I always see it, not just looking for who they can highlight but who makes sense in the current situation/timeline of the movies, and Jean, Cyclops, and Storm make the most sense. This is especially after Wolverine having Xavier make the promise to find them in DOFP.

They can focus on other characters in either X-Force or X-Factor movies taking place simultaneously.
    I agree with you and also having Shadow King so Storm could have a developed arc too. Stryfe for Cable and maybe Spiral for Psylocke could be cool…Thinking about it…a Mojoworld story could also be very unique and twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see that Emma Frost didn't actually die pre-DOFP she just possessed someone else's body like Xavier did at the end of X3. That way we can get someone other than January Jones to play her as well!

I'd also like to see an actual fun Nightcrawler and not the mopey religious zealot in X2. Psylocke supposedly was in X3 but didn't seem to act like she should, and I can't even remember if her powers were correctly portrayed. I guess we could say that was actually Revanche in those scenes.

Quicksilver was a delight, and his power was visually incredible in the special fx department, they should bring him back. Bring in the Scarlet Witch as well, just to PO Marvel Studios.
    I want Emma to be used as a Horseman. Her, Banshee, Azazel, and Angel would make sense and tie it together with the First Class. I don't think they would be able to get proper development to all the new characters if we also need to get the horsemen's background. Angel could become Archangel. I would prefer Warren, but this where were at.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Dazzler, asshole.