Page 131 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2616

15 out of the top 20 slots are DC, and 3 out of 5 of Marvel's are Star Wars. That's a phenomenal showing by DC.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    15 out of the top 20 slots are DC, and 3 out of 5 of Marvel's are Star Wars. That's a phenomenal showing by DC.
    DC should have marketed and pushed Omega Men better.
    And Marvel made a mistake in diluting Guardians into so many titles, IMO.
    People will buy space opera.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    What about waste of a space Cyborg?

How can you be in Justice League and a movie and your book is one of the 4 WORST selling DC (universe) books-only Black Canary, Dr Fate & Blood Lines sold worst. You got outsold by Moon Girl, TMNT, Transformers, books enduring X-Men (and store owner) hate-Inhumans and barely beat Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

ANd have yet to do anything to encourage store owners ordering his book or even fans looking at his. There are more folks excited about Mosaic and the new Vigilante than Cyborg. Who will have a tougher battle in sales because Marvel is tossing out a bunch of new numbers 1s when his book comes out..

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What about waste of a space Cyborg?

How can you be in Justice League and a movie and your book is one of the 4 WORST selling DC (universe) books-only Black Canary, Dr Fate & Blood Lines sold worst. You got outsold by Moon Girl, TMNT, Transformers, books enduring X-Men (and store owner) hate-Inhumans and barely beat Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

ANd have yet to do anything to encourage store owners ordering his book or even fans looking at his. There are more folks excited about Mosaic and the new Vigilante than Cyborg. Who will have a tougher battle in sales because Marvel is tossing out a bunch of new numbers 1s when his book comes out..
    I don't know why Cyborg is doing so poorly. It's not a phenomenal book, but it doesn't seem to have too many issues. I don't get why more of his fans aren't picking it up.

Extraordinary Member

I don't know why Cyborg is doing so poorly. It's not a phenomenal book, but it doesn't seem to have too many issues. I don't get why more of his fans aren't picking it up.
    I think a lot of it had to do with the DC You, which failed to get retailers to buy in, and a real decline in DC sales over the last year in general. Having a better perception of the line as a whole is important. Having a top tier of books is important.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think a lot of it had to do with the DC You, which failed to get retailers to buy in, and a real decline in DC sales over the last year in general. Having a better perception of the line as a whole is important. Having a top tier of books is important.
    So in addition to having a character one likes, art one likes, and a writer/story one might like, it has to be perceived as a "cool" book or part of a "cool" line of comics before people will buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    So in addition to having a character one likes, art one likes, and a writer/story one might like, it has to be perceived as a "cool" book or part of a "cool" line of comics before people will buy it?
    In a lot of areas in life, the last one is the overriding factor in how things are judged. If your products is considered cool people will forgive a lot.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Hardcore fans don't like that he was ripped from the Titans. Justice League fans don't like the fact that he's a core member of the team. General fans don't have much of an interest in a Cyborg solo comic.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Disagree. The problem with the Guardians line was that they put Bendis on it. He did and has done nothing with the line. He's just spinning his wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Disagree. The problem with the Guardians line was that they put Bendis on it. He did and has done nothing with the line. He's just spinning his wheels.
    I agree there.
    I could go into a soapbox about the DnA Guardians being hijacked... but I'll save that for another thread...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Well everything adds up, its not like bunch of other GotG titles (asides of 3000) weren't spinning wheels either. So we had entire line of comics where literally nothing was happening that related in any way to Guardians.

BANNED

Apparently the 2nd printing for Titans Rebirth has not been released yet, so the disappointing under-80,000 copies figure is not the final number. What a relief

Can someone tell me how long, on average, it takes for a 2nd printing to be released? From my experience it seems to be about 2-3 weeks.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Apparently the 2nd printing for Titans Rebirth has not been released yet, so the disappointing under-80,000 copies figure is not the final number. What a relief

Can someone tell me how long, on average, it takes for a 2nd printing to be released? From my experience it seems to be about 2-3 weeks.
    Personally I don't think 72K is disappointing. I mean with the recent history of the brand, be it Titans or Teen Titans I can understand some people being hesitant. But overall while I agree it could do better it as at least doing well enough to keep getting published. And hopefully it can stay in the 60-70k range for the rest of the year. Yes it would be better if it improved in sales but I think its at least decent where its at.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Personally I don't think 72K is disappointing. I mean with the recent history of the brand, be it Titans or Teen Titans I can understand some people being hesitant. But overall while I agree it could do better it as at least doing well enough to keep getting published. And hopefully it can stay in the 60-70k range for the rest of the year. Yes it would be better if it improved in sales but I think its at least decent where its at.
    I guess that Titans stigma could be a factor, but it's such an important issue and it was hyped so much by DC that lukewarm sales still disappoint me. I was hoping that Wally's appearance and reuniting the O5 Titans would make it a massive hit. But there is a 2nd printing and most new #1s sell better than their respective Rebirth 1-shots so I'm not too worried.

Is this true? Wow, not bad.