Page 61 of 175 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    dc is doing fine for the most part imo,marvel has star wars,secret wars,and new #1s to bolster their #s,if they didn't they wouldn't be nearly as high above dc as they are now.
    How dare you to come here with your damned facts?! Don't you know that this is the place to blame DC for everything that goes wrong on comics industry?
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    DC is doing fine for the most part imo,Marvel has star Wars,Secret Wars,and new #1s to bolster their #s,if they didn't they wouldn't be nearly as high above DC as they are now.
    True.
    It's basically 2011 all over again, with Marvel just having a slight lead going in.

The only real extraordinary thing is Star Wars #1 breaking the previous sales records.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    How dare you to come here with your damned facts?! Don't you know that this is the place to blame DC for everything that goes wrong on comics industry?
    It's actually the place where we look at various sales numbers and speculate on what is and isn't working, notice possible trends, interpret how the direct market and digital market are doing, note the differences between the two, and predict possible market and industry responses.
    Neither bashers nor cheerleaders really contribute much to the conversation, and unless they do they're both generally ignored.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    An interesting perspective on the DC YOU launch from a retailer:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-retail...ew-dc-youoops/
    The article lost me at the part where the author stated that Prez being a mini instead of a "ongoing" shows that DC has no confidence in the book which translates to retailers not stocking the book at all.

I do recall that DC tried to sell minis as "ongoings" at the beginning of the NU52. How did that work out exactly? Right, every single book got cancelled at around issue 8 because retailers ordered them just as they did minis.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Glad to see DC gain some more ground in August, hopefully we will see a steady crawl back up as the year progresses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    The article lost me at the part where the author stated that Prez being a mini instead of a "ongoing" shows that DC has no confidence in the book which translates to retailers not stocking the book at all.

I do recall that DC tried to sell minis as "ongoings" at the beginning of the NU52. How did that work out exactly? Right, every single book got cancelled at around issue 8 because retailers ordered them just as they did minis.
    minis are just calling for trade waiting, the writer is right

Fantastic Member

^I think letters pages would make the singles more attractive.
    Last edited by zwixxx; 09-13-2015 at 05:24 PM.

So is DC cutting back on themed variants? Only the 10 Harley Quinn variants have been announced so far.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    So is DC cutting back on themed variants? Only the 10 Harley Quinn variants have been announced so far.
    I wondered that too, but the release said those ten books were getting more than one Harley variant each. Maybe they're only doing ten books since they're doubling up that month.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I wondered that too, but the release said those ten books were getting more than one Harley variant each. Maybe they're only doing ten books since they're doubling up that month.
    Hopefully, not. Some of these other books could use the variant boost. Can't see books like Detective Comics hitting shelves without variants, unless DC decides to just cut costs by commissioning fewer artists.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I always like it when DC does a variant theme month. I always try to pick up the variant issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Hopefully, not. Some of these other books could use the variant boost. Can't see books like Detective Comics hitting shelves without variants, unless DC decides to just cut costs by commissioning fewer artists.
    Commissioning Alex Ross for at least two covers probably didn't cut their costs too much...

I wonder if they're trying to shakeup the variant stuff a little. The ten books they're giving covers to are all pretty high sellers, Flash and Green Arrow (the only 2.99 book getting covers that month) are a little on the lower side but I can see why DC would want to boost those two characters/books. Maybe they're trying to see if it's worth encouraging retailers to pick up more of these books that people already come into shops to buy rather than stuff they might not want to order extras of to begin with. I dunno. It's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Commissioning Alex Ross for at least two covers probably didn't cut their costs too much...
    Maybe they blew their budget on Ross

Is this the first time Alex Ross is painting something for DC since the New 52 began? They must've offered a lot if he's able to look past his hated of the New 52.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

And the Bombshells variants worked out for DC as the books that had it all gained units from July.