Page 172 of 175 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2616
    BANNED

So it would be correct to say shipped orders, rather than pre-orders.

Let me just go fix that.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 04-12-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    That 50% drop seems normal from what I've seen on Comics Beat. From issue #2 to #3 is typically another 20-30%. Besides, iirc, #1 had at least 27K in sales due to retailer exclusive variants.
    Damn, that just seems way too high to be typical. And this is the first I've heard about it having exclusive variants at all, let alone half the sales being made up of them.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Damn, that just seems way too high to be typical. And this is the first I've heard about it having exclusive variants at all, let alone half the sales being made up of them.
    Nope, not anywhere near half. Super Sons #1 sold an estimated 99K to retailers.

On the bright side, the drop is still considerably smaller than the one from U.S.Avengers #1 (110,729) to #2 (29,523) or -73.3%.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 04-12-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

The thing about Super Sons is that #2 sold less than #2 of New Super-Man, and Superwoman, and both those books are now in the cancellation range.

On the hand, it's doing considerably better than either of those books did digitally, even having outcharted Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    The thing about Super Sons is that #2 sold less than #2 of New Super-Man, and Superwoman, and both those books are now in the cancellation range.

On the hand, it's doing considerably better than either of those books did digitally, even having outcharted Justice League.
    I think retailers over ordered on the first batch of Rebirth titles. I wouldn't be surprised if New Super-Man and Superwoman had a lot of returns. This time with Batwoman, JLA and Super Sons, I think they probably have a better gauge on how much to order and seem to be just buying what they think they can sell.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Nope, not anywhere near half. Super Sons #1 sold an estimated 99K to retailers.

On the bright side, the drop is still considerably smaller than the one from U.S.Avengers #1 (110,729) to #2 (29,523) or -73.3%.
    Oh, my bad. I was talking about Batwoman, not Super Sons. Though that thing about the variants makes much more sense now.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Top 100 for April:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/194047

It's interesting how the Batman and Flash lenticular editions are treated as separate from the normal covers.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Quote Originally Posted by RoyImpulse View Post
    Top 100 for April:

It's interesting how the Batman and Flash lenticular editions are treated as separate from the normal covers.
    No surprise seeing multiple #1's for the X-Men, a Marvel event, and the big Button crossover all taking the top 10.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Which begs the question: was Batman #21 really the top comic book for April?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Top 100 for April:

Different cover price ($3.99 vs $2.99). You'll notice the same thing with Sex Criminals (Fraction) which has a $3.99 regular cover at $3.99 and $4.69 NSFW variant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Which begs the question: was Batman #21 really the top comic book for April?
    Given it was both #2 and #7 on the charts, that's likely the case unless Secret Empire #0 sold something crazy like 200,000 copies. Guess that depends on how many copies were sold via the Marvel Collector Corps/Funko subscription box.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    Currently Following:

That lenticular thingie seems to have represented a temptation too hard to resist for a lot of people lol.

Nice to see Flash at the 5th position.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That lenticular thingie seems to have represented a temptation too hard to resist for a lot of people lol.

Retailers should probably love these.
    Wonder what they'll go for slabbed...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Top 100 for April:

Well it's good to see how well The Button is selling, Batman might actually be the most sold comic for April except Secret Empire has crazy high sales but it is weird to see how Batgirl is apparently selling less than Red Hood now.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

It's really pretty. I bought it in lieu of the regular cover, though. XD
    Currently Following:

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Well it's good to see how well The Button is selling, Batman might actually be the most sold comic for April except Secret Empire has crazy high sales but it is weird to see how Batgirl is apparently selling less than Red Hood now.
    Looks like the original Batgirl of Burnside creative team had more influence than folks realized.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.