Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2616

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Retailers should probably love these.
    Wonder what they'll go for slabbed...
    Iirc, this was a bit difficult to get in 9.8. Some pre-sales for CGC 9.8 certified pre-screen were going for $75. Whether it actually keeps the value/appreciate or not, only time will tell.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-07-2017 at 01:35 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Looks like the original Batgirl of Burnside creative team had more influence than folks realized.
    Yep. Burnside Batgirl dragged her sales down more than DC had hoped for when they introduced the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yep. Burnside Batgirl dragged her sales down more than DC had hoped for when they introduced the concept.
    Lol. I actually meant that Stewart, Fletcher and Tarr were a tough act to follow.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That lenticular thingie seems to have represented a temptation too hard to resist for a lot of people lol.

Nice to see Flash at the 5th position.
    There's a pretty good case to make for Flash as DC's third strongest franchise at the moment, but we'll see how the Wonder Woman film affects things.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    but it is weird to see how Batgirl is apparently selling less than Red Hood now.
    Thats allready the case since a few month. IMO it would make more sence if they would put more energy into brining Batgirl and Red Hood (and maybe Red robin) back on track instead of pushing the new characters. I mean it doesn't look like if for example Batwoman will end up with much higher sales than those two series.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thats allready the case since a few month. IMO it would make more sence if they would put more energy into brining Batgirl and Red Hood (and maybe Red robin) back on track instead of pushing the new characters. I mean it doesn't look like if for example Batwoman will end up with much higher sales than those two series.
    There is nothing wrong with trying something new. It is a good way to gain new fans and gives the writers a chance to try something new. The Rebirth hype is mostly over so the sales of the less important books are declining and they are pushing some new ideas and trying to pull in different fans. They got their best creative teams working on it. We will see if it works, I don't really care about it but there are fans who are looking forward to it. Anyway sooner or later they will have to do something with Batgirl because it doesn't look like her current direction is working any longer.

BANNED

There is nothing wrong with trying something new. It is a good way to gain new fans and gives the writers a chance to try something new. The Rebirth hype is mostly over so the sales of the less important books are declining and they are pushing some new ideas and trying to pull in different fans. They got their best creative teams working on it. We will see if it works, I don't really care about it but there are fans who are looking forward to it. Anyway sooner or later they will have to do something with Batgirl because it doesn't look like her current direction is working any longer.
    Old characters do attract new fans. The DC Trinity have been around for 70+ years and are still extremely popular with kids and young adults, especially Batman. Superheroes get a free pass from the "Old=Bad" mentality that many young people suffer from. You don't have to pool resources into a bunch of new creations to win new fans, just good stories and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Old characters do attract new fans. The DC Trinity have been around for 70+ years and are still extremely popular with kids and young adults, especially Batman. Superheroes get a free pass from the "Old=Bad" mentality that many young people suffer from. You don't have to pool resources into a bunch of new creations to win new fans, just good stories and marketing.
    First of all I never said "old = bad" I simply think it's a good idea to try something else once in a time and if DC are willing to do it and take the risks I'm fine with it. It will work or not either way it's a good way to give writers more freedom, try new stories and it's an opportunity to gain new fans including fans who are not interested in the usual superhero stories. I'm well aware what your opinion on this is so I won't bother furthermore. Let's just say I disagree with you.

BANNED

First of all I never said "old = bad" I simply think it's a good idea to try something else once in a time and if DC are willing to do it and take the risks I'm fine with it. It will work or not either way it's a good way to give writers more freedom, try new stories and it's an opportunity to gain new fans including fans who are not interested in the usual superhero stories. I'm well aware what your opinion on this is so I won't bother furthermore. Let's just say I disagree with you.
    When you've got a limited pool of talent, it's probably best to focus on properties that have proven successful in the past before taking big risks like Dark Matter. Batgirl has had several successful runs, and is probably easier to salvage than it is to build a new character from the ground up. Talented writers and artists are a rare find. Why put so much effort into all those unproven new ideas when DC already has so much untapped potential?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Lol. I actually meant that Stewart, Fletcher and Tarr were a tough act to follow.
    Oh lol. Even though i hate Burnside, the previous team did have more charm to this version of Babs.

Ultimate Member

Dc has always tried to take risks.

The issue with them is what happen after that rick becomes successful.

Wally West, Static, Cassandra Cain, Harley, John Stewart, Stephanie Brown, Tim Drake and so many others were risks that WORKED yet ALL of them have been screwed over by fanboy employees.

Cassandra Cain was a successful female of color with a solo at a time When Marvel wasn't even trying. Now she gets tossed and hello Moon Girl, Ms Marvel, Wasp, Storm & Shiri with solos.

The key to new stuff is to KEEP on going not stop because you don't like the fact more folks like John Stewart & Kyle than Hal.
    The guys who PROVED teen lead comics could sell Tim, Impulse & Conner all with over 90 issues get tossed for PETS or butchered because someone hated the writers of those books.

Why would anyone expect success for Duke, Metal books, Superwoman and others when history has shown that it gets taken away,

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The key to new stuff is to KEEP on going not stop because you don't like the fact more folks like John Stewart & Kyle than Hal. ,
    eh, that's highly debatable.

The key to new stuff is to KEEP on going not stop because you don't like the fact more folks like John Stewart & Kyle than Hal.
    Hm, I'd like to see some proof of that "fact". Wasn't the Green Lantern book doing its biggest numbers after Hal Jordan was brought back from the dead? How was the book doing that well for years if people didn't like Hal? And that was before Geoff Johns becoming a draw. He became a best-selling author mainly because of his work on Green Lantern. I have zero issues with either Kyle or John, but if you're going to claim that more people like John because of one cartoon from 15+ years ago or Kyle because of less than a decade of comics, just stop.

The guys who PROVED teen lead comics could sell Tim, Impulse & Conner all with over 90 issues get tossed for PETS or butchered because someone hated the writers of those.
    Except they didn't just get tossed. DC tried to make them the foundation for an entire line. Tossing the generation before them so they could be the founders of TTs.

Its cute you think they were the guys that proved teen lead comics could sell though.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-07-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hm, I'd like to see some proof of that "fact". Wasn't the Green Lantern book doing its biggest numbers after Hal Jordan was brought back from the dead? How was the book doing that well for years if people didn't like Hal? And that was before Geoff Johns becoming a draw. He became a best-selling author mainly because of his work on Green Lantern.
    Actually he became a draw because of JSA. And his work there with Tomasi as his editor iirc got him the job for Green Lantern.