Page 2 of 175 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    Completely true. Marvel pretty much has Original Sin, a handful of new #1's and Spider-Man to hold off the oncoming tsunami of DC awesome-ness.

Don't forget about the last two issues of Superman Unchained as it always sells well.
    Exactly right. In July, I could see Batman #33, Batman Eternal #14-17, Grayson #1, Justice League #32, Justice League #33, Superman #33, Superman Unchained #8 and Teen Titans #1 being the Top 11 selling books in comics. With Future's End #10-13 and Detective #33 right behind in the 10-20 range. So basically, 16 of the Top 20 books. I'm sure Amazing Spider-Man will slip in there somewhere, but with nothing else from Marvel (other than possibly the "death" of Wolverine) coming close
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-10-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Exactly right. In July, I could see Batman #33, Batman Eternal #14-17, Grayson #1, Justice League #32, Justice League #33, Superman #33, Superman Unchained #8 and Teen Titans #1 being the Top 11 selling books in comics. With Future's End #10-13 and Detective #33 right behind in the 10-20 range. So basically, 16 of the Top 20 books. I'm sure Amazing Spider-Man will slip in there somewhere, but with nothing else from Marvel (other than possibly the "death" of Wolverine) coming close
    You never know, Marvel can always renumber their entire line.

All-New Member

Forever Evil #7, Future's End, World's End, Superman #32, Justice League #32, Grayson #1, Teen Titans #1, and the Future's End tie-in issues in September will make your post look silly. DC should come roaring back the rest of the year. Looking at upcoming solicits/plans from DC and Marvel, DC might have 8 or 9 of the Top 10 books in each of July, August and September
    Heard that for half a year or more. Just wait, DC will do this and do that. All they've done is drop to a quarter of the market. Pretty tall fall from the New 52 beginnings. I think the only think looking silly is DC weekly. And they've got to contend with this Original Sin titles and tie-ins. Plus the various point books for Spider-Man. DC has some nice titles but this future crap isn't it especially when the past is so murky and they aren't going to adhere to anything that happens five years later. Though I'd love to see fandom react to Wonder Woman's fate if they did follow it. That would be a spectacle. Its no wonder she can't get a movie, even her own publisher hates her. Matter of fact, seems female heroes get harvest for parts whereas the males just die young? Going all in on the future is a complete exercise is pointlessness. Speaking of which, Grayson sounds complete garbage and a perfect example how DC can take a great character (and not badly performing title) just to ruin it chasing stories someone else is doing better. Even worse is they have characters that fit such a role so well but I suppose giving Dick a gun really fits his character. Hopefully Superman will get some benefit but provided Johns actually sticks with it. And Teen Titans has been relaunched so many times it could be a Marvel title. And I seriously question why a title that shows losing sales in single month is a great sign. Eternal issue #1 at 4th with issue #4 at 10th? Next month is issue #5 to hit 4th place again or is the title to drift off into The Dark Knight territory? DC is coming across as saying hey look we're blowing everything thing up again and next year we might really do it. Even the post-Crisis DCU got more years.

Mighty Member

Grayson sounds great, actually. And Futures End is awesome so far. DC does have a lot going on and should increase it's sales. Plus, whatever Jim Lee is working on next.

Fantastic Member

You forgot to mention Multiversity. It's coming out in August.

Wow, Marvel destroyed DC in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    That'll happen when you put out what's bound to be the best-selling comic of the entire year in a month where the other company is in a holding pattern waiting for their delayed books and new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    That'll happen when you put out what's bound to be the best-selling comic of the entire year in a month where the other company is in a holding pattern waiting for their delayed books and new releases.
    Wich is still DC's fault because they can't release their book correctly. So what was your point?

Always Rakzo

People don't turn this into a company war please.

BANNED

This kind of threads never fail to attract trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    From my POV, it actually looks like DC and Marvel both lost a bit compared to last year, while Image has doubled it's share of the market.

Astonishing Member

The over-reliance on events, gimmicks and #1 on the part of the Big 2 really helped Image.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

April's Top 50 Comics & Graphic Novels is out.

Justice League United #0 @ 11

Tec 30 @ 21

Sinestro 1 @33

Secret Origins 1 @ 48

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    April's Top 50 Comics & Graphic Novels is out.

Justice League United #0 @ 11

Tec 30 @ 21

Sinestro 1 @33

Secret Origins 1 @ 48

DC in the top 50:
    13 titles, with 7 of those being Batman related, 2 Green Lantern related, 2 Justice League related, 2 Superman related, 2 Wonder Woman related and 1 DC Universe non-specific (anthology).

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

It is hard to believe 'Tec is #21, that book is beautiful and well written. Shame that.