Page 3 of 175 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Wow, Marvel destroyed DC in April.
    Actually, DC's total sales increased by 6% in April. Looking at the market shares alone doesn't give the full story, you have to look at how much the market grew or reduced as well.

This is how monthly sales look for the last few years after numbercruncing Diamond's comparative statistics.

Mthly Unit Sales - Mkt & Top 3.jpg

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The over-reliance on events, gimmicks and #1 on the part of the Big 2 really helped Image.
    Doubling their line within the last year really helped Image. I really like a lot of Image books and respect what they've done, but outside of Walking Dead and #1's (speculative sales) none of their stuff sells like gangbusters. Even Kirkman's other stuff (Invincible, Thief of Thieves, Ghosted, Clone) pretty much sells under 10,000 copies. Really, only Lazarus and Saga maintained Top 50 sales. They've just put out a LOT more books recently
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-11-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    April's Top 50 Comics & Graphic Novels is out.

Justice League United #0 @ 11

Tec 30 @ 21

Sinestro 1 @33

Secret Origins 1 @ 48
    I guess that's an okay number for Sinestro. DC really thought they could just market the book on title alone.

As for Secret Origins, meh! That's not an impressive number at all. Looks like Dick's origin being told again wasn't enough to help the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Damos40 View Post
    I guess that's an okay number for Sinestro. DC really thought they could just market the book on title alone.

As for Secret Origins, meh! That's not an impressive number at all. Looks like Dick's origin being told again wasn't enough to help the book.
    Yeah, slight dip for 'Tec. A little disappointing for Secret Origins, but that book should hold pretty steady since it's not really a collectible #1 and Batman is coming next. Interested to see how United holds up

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Wich is still DC's fault because they can't release their book correctly. So what was your point?
    My point is that this month is not indicative of any greater trend, as DC didn't release a full slate of titles, and Marvel released a book with sales it's not going to get anywhere near again any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies League View Post
    Heard that for half a year or more. Just wait, DC will do this and do that. All they've done is drop to a quarter of the market. Pretty tall fall from the New 52 beginnings. I think the only think looking silly is DC weekly. And they've got to contend with this Original Sin titles and tie-ins. Plus the various point books for Spider-Man. DC has some nice titles but this future crap isn't it especially when the past is so murky and they aren't going to adhere to anything that happens five years later. Though I'd love to see fandom react to Wonder Woman's fate if they did follow it. That would be a spectacle. Its no wonder she can't get a movie, even her own publisher hates her. Matter of fact, seems female heroes get harvest for parts whereas the males just die young? Going all in on the future is a complete exercise is pointlessness. Speaking of which, Grayson sounds complete garbage and a perfect example how DC can take a great character (and not badly performing title) just to ruin it chasing stories someone else is doing better. Even worse is they have characters that fit such a role so well but I suppose giving Dick a gun really fits his character. Hopefully Superman will get some benefit but provided Johns actually sticks with it. And Teen Titans has been relaunched so many times it could be a Marvel title. And I seriously question why a title that shows losing sales in single month is a great sign. Eternal issue #1 at 4th with issue #4 at 10th? Next month is issue #5 to hit 4th place again or is the title to drift off into The Dark Knight territory? DC is coming across as saying hey look we're blowing everything thing up again and next year we might really do it. Even the post-Crisis DCU got more years.
    Actually no...DC doesn't hate her. It's WB that hates her (well, even then I wouldn't say hate. Yes, I am disappointed that they didn't announce a WW movie, but I am also happy that we are finally getting a live action version of WW on the big screen!).

And I am hopeful for a WW movie; they did say that they were waiting for a script, right? Hopefully they will get a good script and hopefully they will make a WW movie.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    April's Top 50 Comics & Graphic Novels is out.

Justice League United #0 @ 11

Tec 30 @ 21

Sinestro 1 @33

Secret Origins 1 @ 48
    Wow. Hulk #1 is at the 7th spot. Hulk #2 is at 45th. Huge drop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Actually no...DC doesn't hate her. It's WB that hates her (well, even then I wouldn't say hate. Yes, I am disappointed that they didn't announce a WW movie, but I am also happy that we are finally getting a live action version of WW on the big screen!).

And I am hopeful for a WW movie; they did say that they were waiting for a script, right? Hopefully they will get a good script and hopefully they will make a WW movie.
    DC and Warner has no idea on what to do with WW. waiting 3439480 years to a good script, i'm pretty sure in a certain place of USA there is a guy wating for call him to script the movie. Tip start with Greg and ends with Rucka.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Yeah, slight dip for 'Tec. A little disappointing for Secret Origins, but that book should hold pretty steady since it's not really a collectible #1 and Batman is coming next. Interested to see how United holds up
    Secret Origins 2 will obviously be a rare example of a second issue actually increasing from the first by a significant amount.

I think we all can count on that happening.

Man, Harley Quinn just keeps hanging in there in the Top 20. Not my favorite, but glad it's sustaining. Also glad to see Superman/WW hanging in there and GL seems to have stabilized

BANNED

This is starting to look like pre-reboot numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    And all it took to get there was not releasing all its books.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    The numbers are skewed because many of DC's best books were shoved into May and Marvel released a book that is single-handedly worth 6 issues of Batman (i.e. the best selling book in comics).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The over-reliance on events, gimmicks and #1 on the part of the Big 2 really helped Image.
    Um....actually, if we look at the numbers, its the times when events from either the Big Two drop that they see a sharp increase in sales. There's a reason they do them....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    The numbers are skewed because many of DC's best books were shoved into May and Marvel released a book that is single-handedly worth 6 issues of Batman (i.e. the best selling book in comics).
    Which one was that again?