Page 32 of 175 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Sales before were at around 23 million; they are currently at around 26 million. So no, you are incorrect.
    Oh come on Glenn, he's only out by 3 million sales units! Why not cut him some slack? It's next to nothing is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    And as i keep saying, sells are indeed back to what they were before the reboot.

Thank you.
    It looks like you chose to ignore my advice on the other thread. Your decision matey. One way or another this is an argument you won't win.

Your insistence on skewing DC's sales figures to present a flawed argument does you no credit. As others have pointed out you are utterly incorrect in this.

Thank YOU!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Well Harley quinn keep saving DC, dc wwould do a lot worse without gimmicks

Really now. what do you expect DC to do when Marvel has had a monthy supply of non-stop #1s, point somethings, linewide events for at least 3 years now? Star Wars #1 had 100 variants. The only time Marvel didn't have those was on December.. and DC won the marketshare for that month.

Wahoo, Marvel has seriously taken the lead if this diagram is correct.

Nice spike in 2011 for DC though. And around december 2012 for some reason Marvel has a huge boost, were they pulling an event at that moment?

Star Wars has given Marvel a huge boost. Hell, I'm planning on picking up the Darth Vader book and maybe the main Star Wars title soon. Pretty excited about the title though I wish Dark Horse still had the license. They did some great stuff with the Star Wars brand
    Last edited by The Kid; 03-18-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Star Wars has given Marvel a huge boost. Hell, I'm planning on picking up the Darth Vader book and maybe the main Star Wars title soon
    They sure are going to sell a fine amount of paper with that franchise, that's a given.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetle_booster View Post
    Really now. what do you expect DC to do when Marvel has had a monthy supply of non-stop #1s, point somethings, linewide events for at least 3 years now? Star Wars #1 had 100 variants. The only time Marvel didn't have those was on December.. and DC won the marketshare for that month.
    Right? Also, don't forgot all the shrinking variants they done with Ant-man, to say DC only rely on "gimmicks" is a joke. Infact Id say apart from September Marvel are more "gimmicky" then DC.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Bats sells more than anybody at DC by a long shot, first of all. Secondly, Marvel has its own gimmicks, too. Finally, who cares whether or not they are gimmicks? Do you think the Big Two care if more dollars keep rolling in because of them?
    People that needs excuses to put don't DC I guess ? If changing heroes into Captain Carrot style animals meant more money, WB execs would do it in a heart beat, they don't care about stories they don't care about continuity, money is all that matters and they'll continue to send down the orders based on what they see making money..
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Because gimmicks are unfair to compare to a period that had gimmicks but not every month. I don't remember DC having a cover variant theme of month, a month only with 3d covers. Sure the numbers will go up
    100 Variants ring any bell?
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    People that needs excuses to put don't DC I guess ? If changing heroes into Captain Carrot style animals meant more money, WB execs would do it in a heart beat, they don't care about stories they don't care about continuity, money is all that matters and they'll continue to send down the orders based on what they see making money..
    I wouldn't say that's all they care about, but money is certainly numero uno.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I wouldn't say that's all they care about, but money is certainly numero uno.
    Just like, I dunno, every other business in the world.

Just like, I dunno, every other business in the world.
    Thanks god it's not true. Many people have a business because they have a passion for what they are doing and want to make a living out of that. They aren't trying to become rich and aren't obssessed with money and profit, just to make what they love.

And no, money is certainly not their first priority. Passion and quality first.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Thanks god it's not true. Many people have a business because they have a passion for what they are doing and want to make a living out of that. They aren't trying to become rich and aren't obssessed with money and profit, just to make what they love.

...as long as they are making money.

No money, no business.

But I'll give you this - I should have said "every other large business with stockholders in the world." Companies like that have a first duty to their stockholders to bring as much return on their investment as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post

...as long as they are making money.

No money, no business.

But I'll give you this - I should have said "every other large business with stockholders in the world." Companies like that have a first duty to their stockholders to bring as much return on their investment as possible.
    Agreed with both

Larger businesses...unless it's the original founders, passion can be lacking, not always but in most cases (hence, their motivation would be geared towards increasing the profits).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I think it's funny to see people argue how one gimmick is more gimmicky than another, as if there's some rule saying gimmicks are cheating. On a psychological level, it makes perfect sense why some people are more forgiving towards their favorite company and harsher on the competition for basically doing the same thing. We need that justification to reinforce why we chose them.

When it boils down to it, though, the fact is both companies rely on gimmicks to boost sales. Variants, incentives, special covers, events, theme months, character deaths, title reboots - the both do them. Let's not pretend these companies aren't first and foremost businesses whose goal is to maximize profit in both the short term and long term.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I think it's funny to see people argue how one gimmick is more gimmicky than another, as if there's some rule saying gimmicks are cheating. On a psychological level, it makes perfect sense why some people are more forgiving towards their favorite company and harsher on the competition for basically doing the same thing. We need that justification to reinforce why we chose them.

When it boils down to it, though, the fact is both companies rely on gimmicks to boost sales. Variants, incentives, special covers, events, theme months, character deaths, title reboots - the both do them. Let's not pretend these companies aren't first and foremost businesses whose goal is to maximize profit in both the short term and long term.
    Or that either company has ever been willing to try to sell their product solely on the quality of the stories inside. Even back in the old days you had things like "comics with gorillas on the cover sell better, so find a reason to work a gorilla into the story". Or Julius Schwartz just coming up with a crazy idea, having an artist make a cover of it, THEN giving that to a writer and telling him to make a story to fit the cover.