Page 33 of 175 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Or that either company has ever been willing to try to sell their product solely on the quality of the stories inside. Even back in the old days you had things like "comics with gorillas on the cover sell better, so find a reason to work a gorilla into the story". Or Julius Schwartz just coming up with a crazy idea, having an artist make a cover of it, THEN giving that to a writer and telling him to make a story to fit the cover.
    ... or the '40s maxim of (with apologies to Stephen Sondheim) every superhero needs a juvenile sidekick to attract the kiddies.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Long Live the Legion! Paul Newell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Even back in the old days you had things like "comics with gorillas on the cover sell better, so find a reason to work a gorilla into the story".
    Well gorilla's do make things better.
    DRINK!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Thanks god it's not true. Many people have a business because they have a passion for what they are doing and want to make a living out of that. They aren't trying to become rich and aren't obssessed with money and profit, just to make what they love.
    You are talking about small mom and pop businesses like a comic book store where the owners also own the businesses.
    That isn't the case here where DC and Marvel are large corporations owned by even larger corporations (and owned by shareholders who are divorced almost entirely from the products) and stocked by mid to high end wage laborers. Most of the "cases" where there is passion and quality and continuity in a corporation, there is usually personal or generational stakes there (none of which exists in Marvel or DC). On the other end, how much passion do you think you are going to find in a high turnover or low paying employment sector (ex. fast food worker or Wal-mart employee)?
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-20-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Top 10 for March:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...en-sales-slots

I'm shocked at #7.

Is the book that good? I haven't been following up on it.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Well, none of DC's big hitters were on show in March no surprise there. I would not worry to much about Howard the duck, Rocket Raccoon started out in #1 when he first debuted and now he is nowhere near that.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Well, none of DC's big hitters were on show in March no surprise there. I would not worry to much about Howard the duck, Rocket Raccoon started out in #1 when he first debuted and now he is nowhere near that.
    I take it DC loosened up their rule that if your work is late, they'll either replace you or cancel the title?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Rocket Raccoon #1 took the top spot because of Loot Crate. Unlike Howard The Duck #1

BANNED

but still do very well for a talking raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Rocket Raccoon #1 took the top spot because of Loot Crate. Unlike Howard The Duck #1
    even without it, rocket would be #1

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I take it DC loosened up their rule that if your work is late, they'll either replace you or cancel the title?
    I don't think they were late, weeks ago someone pointed out that DC seams to have to have deliberately pushed their big hitters to FCBD date in order to attract more eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think they were late, weeks ago someone pointed out that DC seams to have to have deliberately pushed their big hitters to FCBD date in order to attract more eyes.
    Ah. That makes sense.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I'm more shocked about the Batman: Arkham Knight #1. It's the first time - I think - that something Digital First reached the Top 10. So much Batman power.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    I'm more shocked about the Batman: Arkham Knight #1. It's the first time - I think - that something Digital First reached the Top 10. So much Batman power.
    Yeah, that's impressive. Injustice was doing really well in print, but it never got that high.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    I think Game Stop was giving away the comic as part of an promotion for the game, which would explain the high orders.

Metal Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    I think Game Stop was giving away the comic as part of an promotion for the game, which would explain the high orders.

Metal Woman
    It was only 73K. Amazing Spider-Man dropped after Spider-Verse-Mania. Lots of drop-offs this month.

It looks like Green Arrow and Gotham By Midnight are the lowest selling non-cancelled titles. Hopefully they aren't dipping into cancellation territory.

Edit: missed Lobo.