Page 94 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2616

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    When has Barry ever been milquetoast? As for Wally, he was Barry, Jr. during the Silver and Bronze Ages.
    Yeah but then for the next three decades he became his own unique character and much better one than Barry. Until DC when ahead and effed that all up with Nu 52.

BANNED

Justice League moved up to the #1 spot on the US comixology charts, knocking down the Darth Vader annual. Pretty impressive considering The Force Awakens just came out and people can't get enough of Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    Justice League moved up to the #1 spot on the US comixology charts, knocking down the Darth Vader annual. Pretty impressive considering The Force Awakens just came out and people can't get enough of Star Wars.
    Interesting, too, that Justice League is displaying a more "animated" art style as opposed to the usual house style. The cover, alone, looks more 'Darwyn Cooke' and less 'Jim Lee'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Interesting, too, that Justice League is displaying a more "animated" art style as opposed to the usual house style. The cover, alone, looks more 'Darwyn Cooke' and less 'Jim Lee'.
    I think both Fabok and Manapul have been doing amazing work for Darkseid War, and I'm apparently one of the few who doesn't see one "style" as more appropriate then the other.

It's all just great art either way .

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Bleeding Cool report says DC wants to publish their titles bi weekly.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/...-go-bi-weekly/

First thing that poped to my head was Spider-Man thing that was mentioned in the article. It somewhat worked because other two titles were cancelled and those were a bit redundant in the first place. What DC could cancel for Batman? They done great work with giving distinct voices to most of Batman titles and I doubt that DC would "cancel" Detective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    First thing that poped to my head was Spider-Man thing that was mentioned in the article. It somewhat worked because other two titles were cancelled and those were a bit redundant in the first place. What DC could cancel for Batman? They done great work with giving distinct voices to most of Batman titles and I doubt that DC would "cancel" Detective.
    I guess they would "cancel" whatever the next weekly Batman series would have been.

Another bit of useless triva for those interested...
    Since the #4 issues are generally the first issues orderable after readers read #1 off the shelf, I went ahead and made comparable charts of DC's top 20 New52 titles and their top 20 DCYou titles, using sales from their fourth issues.
    Sales are rounded to nearest thousand.

New52
    1. Justice League 142k
    2. Batman 134k
    3. Action Comics 113k
    4. Green Lantern 104k
    5. Detective Comics 89k
    6. Flash 77k
    7. Batman: The Dark Knight 71k
    8. Superman 69k
    9. Batman and Robin 68k
    10. Aquaman 58k

11. Wonder Woman 58k
    12. Teen Titans 55k
    13. Batgirl 54k
    14. Green Lantern: New Guardians 53k
    15. Batwoman 53k
    16. Nightwing 52k
    17. Green Lantern Corps 51k
    18. Red Lanterns 45k
    19. Swamp Thing 45k
    20. Catwoman 41k

DCYou
    1. Batman 114k
    2. Justice League 77k
    3. Harley Quinn 57k
    4. Detective Comics 57k
    5. Justice League of America 57k
    6. Superman 44k
    7. Batman/Superman 40k
    8. Green Lantern 39k
    9. Robin, Son of Batman 38k
    10. Action Comics 38k

11. Wonder Woman 36k
    12. Flash 36k
    13. Harley Quinn/Power Girl 36k
    14. New Suicide Squad 35k
    15. Superman/Wonder Woman 34k
    16. Grayson 32k
    17. Deathstroke 31k
    18. Batman Beyond 31k
    19. Batgirl 31k
    20. Starfire 30k

Edit: Overlooked JLA... Cyborg is now out of the top 20.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-24-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Is that a mistake? Because it says #10 for DCYou sold 36K? That is pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Is that a mistake? Because it says #10 for DCYou sold 36K? That is pretty bad.
    Nope... you're reading it right...
    The first issues orderable after the full Post-Convergence June relaunch were the September issues, which were ordered in July. Wonder Woman's September issue, #44, sold 36,151.

EDIT: I overlooked JLA because it was delayed. It ranked #5 and pushed everything else down so now the #10 book was Action Comics with 38k.

Also...

Eight of DC's top 20 New52 titles have been cancelled (or replaced in the cases of Batman and Robin/Robin, Son of Batman and Nightwing/Grayson).
    Batman and Justice League swapped spots as DC's #1 book.
    Harley Quinn and Justice League of America joined the top 5, with Green Lantern and Action Comics dropping down.
    Superman and Action Comics swapped popularity.
    Wonder Woman's holding strong smack dab in the middle.
    The three Convergence tie-ins (Superman: Lois & Clark, Titans Hunt and Telos) most likely won't even rank. Although sales for their #4 issues aren't out, yet, their #2 issues all sold under 23k. With natural attrition, and unless something happens, they look like they'll all be under 20k or right at it on their 4th issues.
    Grayson and Robin are holding steady in the exact same spots they were in their previous incarnations.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-24-2015 at 12:34 AM.

But you also need to remember that back at the start of the New 52 DC wasn't going the monthly themed variants like they are now for the DCYou titles you listed there. So the actual numbers are probably a few thousand lower than what we see listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    But you also need to remember that back at the start of the New 52 DC wasn't going the monthly themed variants like they are now for the DCYou titles you listed there. So the actual numbers are probably a few thousand lower than what we see listed.
    True, I think ComicsBeat mentioned that they estimate about 5k average sales per comic is from variants now.

Edit: Oops... I just noticed that I overlooked JLA, since it was delayed on its 4th issue... updating now.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-24-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Another bit of useless triva for those interested...
    Since the #4 issues are generally the first issues orderable after readers read #1 off the shelf, I went ahead and made comparable charts of DC's top 20 New52 titles and their top 20 DCYou titles, using sales from their fourth issues.
    Thanks for making that list. There are always some posters who say that DC sales are healthy while others say that the reboot is not successful at all. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Thanks for making that list. There are always some posters who say that DC sales are healthy while others say that the reboot is not successful at all. I'm leaning towards the latter.
    No problem.
    I find that if you remove the first three months, which are usually ordered sight unseen, you get a better gauge on how titles are doing.
    Usually by the fourth month, readers and retailers would have had a chance to check out the first issue before making further orders.

Here's a snapshot of November's top 20 DC titles with all "sight unseen" comics removed:
    Note: Justice League was delayed and its last issue sold 77k, which would have put it at #2 easily. Cyborg was also delayed and its last issue sold 28k, which means its November issue may or not have landed in the Top 20 depending on how much it dropped.

November Top 20
    1. Batman 107k
    2. Harley Quinn 58k
    3. Justice League of America 53k
    4. Detective Comics 47k
    5. Superman 42k
    6. Green Lantern 39k
    7. Batman/Superman 38k
    8. Flash 36k
    9. Robin, Son of Batman 36k
    10. Action Comics 36k

11. Harley Quinn/Power Girl 34k
    12. Wonder Woman 34k
    13. New Suicide Squad 33k
    14. Deathstroke 32k
    15. Grayson 32k
    16. Superman/Wonder Woman 31k
    17. Starfire 28k
    18. Batman Beyond 28k
    19. DC Comics Bombshells 27k
    20. Teen Titans 27k

For comparison... here's Marvel's Top 10 using the same technique.
    Note that between the relaunch and double-shippings, a lot of titles were ordered "sight unseen".

For books that double-shipped, I used the lowest ordered issue to represent it's rank.

1. Secret Wars 177k
    2. Uncanny X-Men 127k
    3. Star Wars 123k
    4. Darth Vader 90k
    5. Thors 48k
    6. Kanan 43k
    7. Infinity Gauntlet 40k
    8. Groot 24k
    9. Squadron Sinister 21k
    10. Silver Surfer 21k

Also, here are the non-Big2 titles that ranked higher than DC's #20 title in November:

1. Walking Dead (Image) 66k
    2. Saga (Image) 54k
    3. We Stand on Guard (Image) 37k
    4. Fight Club 2 (Dark Horse) 34k
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 12-25-2015 at 02:17 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Also, digital sales have increased at last 4 times since then. Still, I do appreciate the numbers Lee has posted here.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?