Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Retailer Preview GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT #1

Love the Spectre, and I've been waiting ages for him to get his own book again, but the art is going to be a challange.

Astonishing Member

Templesmith is amazing, but I have a feeling he won't be on the book for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Templesmith is amazing, but I have a feeling he won't be on the book for long.
    Probably an arc or so.
    BB

This looks great. Seems like they're gonna make the Spectre less omnipotent which is good.

I love the fact that there's just some cases too f*#%ed up and strange even for Batman. That's where Spectre steps in.

That looks pretty amazing, I think I'm in
    Romans 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs- heirs of God and co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm in although that art is going to take some getting used to.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Templesmith's art is amazing. Can't believe that gorgeous art is coming out of a DC related title. More art like this, DC and less generic Finch/Lee rip offs.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 11-04-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Templesmith's art is amazing. Can't believe that gorgeous art is coming out of a DC related title. More art like this, DC and less generic Finch/Lee rip offs.
    Yes! The Batverse is really doing well in diversifying their artistic style/tone across the board. Nice to see.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Yes! The Batverse is really doing well in diversifying their artistic style/tone across the board. Nice to see.
    I hope it makes it's way to other books. They took 2 steps forward in the Bat-U, and about 50 steps back between Wonder Woman/Green Arrow, so I hope more of the former and less of the latter.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 11-04-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

This reads better than anything Fawkes has done in Eternal - very snappy, strong characters, intriguing. The art will be a problem if it continues beyond the first arc but as an introductory style guide it's pretty great.

Looks fun, but I'm dubious about the idea that in a world full of people with superpowers, alien invasions, and lord knows what else in the seventy-odd years of DC, that people would still be in anyway skeptical about the paranormal. After the fifth Darkseid attack, I'd pretty much be willing to believe in just about anything.

Interesting story. Cool, atmospheric art.

Looks like DC has another winner on their hands.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This looks great. Seems like they're gonna make the Spectre less omnipotent which is good.

I love the fact that there's just some cases too f*#%ed up and strange even for Batman. That's where Spectre steps in.
    Actually, I feel (and hope) it is the opposite. That the reason Corrigan is trying to hold on to Spectre is because whenever he is unleashed, he is the near-unstopabble force that will do horrible things to any being that is judged evil.

Hence why he won't be shown as much as the other characters. Of course, just speculation.

Astonishing Member

That may have been the best damn opening I've seen in some time. All the characters really popped in just those few pages and I'm completely down for supernatural detectives in Gotham as a concept for a book.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory