Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Yes! I got my Midnighter and Apollo fix! Bless this book.
    It occurred to me that since the events of Wonder Woman, Apollo is now the only Apollo. Nice seeing him, too.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Incredible Member

It was so nice seeing Apollo.

Funny how one page of interaction was better than nu52 Stormwatch.

BANNED

Dick vs Midnighter in two months get hyped

Astonishing Member

I like this book, but no I'm dreading that.

Astonishing Member

Boo! If we can have this much shirtless Dick, we could have at least seen the paddling!

Spectacular Member

As a scot, I approve of the "baws".

I laughed hard at not only the "stories" panel but the one immediately following it. We can't see Minos expression of course but I just have him going 'Did I just hear that?'

Liked this one -- it was nice to get a change in tone after last month. Loved the whole mission in a single panel - gives it that spy genre feeling while freeing up the book to do other things. It assumes the reader is also familiar with the genre and can fill in the James Bond story in their head. I also liked the spies within spy agencies they are setting up with Agent 8, Lottie and Grayson all (potentially) engaging in covert activities.

Apollo!! For some reason I didn't think he'd appear in this book, and I'm so happy to have been proven wrong. I was happy with his interaction with Midnighter here (and that they were both so blase about the poor guy plummeting to earth in the background). So, Midnighter's "sabattical" from Stormwatch doesn't appear to be exactly sanctioned.

Pretty decent issue, nice to see the parallels between this and Eternal, nice scene with Apollo & Midnighter, the Futures End issue though, is still my favorite thus far...
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

The dialogue between Bruce and Dick continues to deliver. I liked Bruce realizing that he's underestimated Spyral, and that they might be in over their head, with Dick doing the reassuring that they'll figure something out.

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed it, not as much as the last issue and the FE tie-in but it was a lot of fun. It's nice to see Helena Bertinelli grow more as a character this issue added another dimension to her.

BANNED

It makes me wonder if she's just playing him, or if she genuinely sympathizes with him. Probably both, as this is the spy genre.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    It makes me wonder if she's just playing him, or if she genuinely sympathizes with him. Probably both, as this is the spy genre.
    I think that it's a combination of both. I do believe that after what they've been through, she's starting to warm up to him but she also believes he can be of great use to her own interests. I mean, who wouldn't want to have Dick Grayson by their side?

On another note, I still believe that Spyral knows that Dick is spying for Batman, I mean with Kathy Kane there and Mister Minos being so paranoid to the point where he has little insect robots kill his dead skin so no one can get DNA off of him. I highly doubt that Spyral would naively take a superhero (who clearly auditioned for a role in Spyral) without suspecting that he was trying to spy on them. I have faith in Tim and Tom that they wouldn't write Spyral as that stupid.

I am really enjoying this title, but am somewhat confused by some of the plot points. I am hoping someone can help me out with a few questions I have about this title since I really haven't read any DC before this...

01.) So it is common knowledge among SPYRAL that Dick used to be Nightwing?
    From my research, it appears Dick's secret identity was revealed to the world in Forever Evil, and then he faked his death. Assuming SPYRAL believes Bruce even believes Dick is dead?

02.) What is going on with this "Paragon Project"?
    Is this brand new to "Grayson" or did this play out in a previous title or event?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I am really enjoying this title, but am somewhat confused by some of the plot points. I am hoping someone can help me out with a few questions I have about this title since I really haven't read any DC before this...

01.) So it is common knowledge among SPYRAL that Dick used to be Nightwing?
    From my research, it appears Dick's secret identity was revealed to the world in Forever Evil, and then he faked his death. Assuming SPYRAL believes Bruce even believes Dick is dead?

02.) What is going on with this "Paragon Project"?
    Is this brand new to "Grayson" or did this play out in a previous title or event?
    1) Yes it is common knowledge among the agents of Spyral, I haven't read anything that would contradict that. In terms of whether or not Spyral really believes that Batman/Bruce thinks that Dick is dead, we don't know. There's some (like me) that believe that they have known from the get-go that Dick is a spy for Batman and there are others that believe the contrary that Spyral thinks Dick came to them because he wants to help the world but has nowhere else to go.

2) I believe the "Paragon Project" is brand new to the new 52 and is exclusive to Grayson. Though the idea of the character could have been inspired by a character that was also called Paragon that was in a few Superman comics pre-Flashpoint who had power mimicry. Essentially Paragon in Grayson was a metahuman that had all of the powers of the members of the main Justice League, but he was defeated by Midnighter and his organs were spread out across the world. It has been Dick and Helena's mission to retrieve them so that Spyral can use the organs to ascertain the identity of the Justice League members.