Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ElfQuest: Blood of Ten Chiefs.

... anyone here ever heard of the comic ElfQuest? The first couple of issues are kind of campy - but it's like no other comic you have probably ever read. The Original Quest (20 issues) is perhaps the most intelligently written comic - ever.

And now they're available online (legally) on the ElfQuest website. So for your benefit I will link the issues!

ORIGINAL QUEST

Issue #1

Issue #2

Issue #3

Issue #4

Issue #5

Issue #6

Issue #7

Issue #8

Issue #9

Issue #10

Issue #11

Issue #12

Issue #13

Issue #14

Issue #15

Issue #16

Issue #17

Issue #18

Issue #19

Issue #20

SIEGE AT BLUE MOUNTAIN

Issue #1

Issue #2

Issue #3

Issue #4

Issue #5

Issue #6

Issue #7

Issue #8

KINGS OF THE BROKEN WHEEL

Issue #1

Issue #2

Issue #3

Issue #4

Issue #5

Issue #6

Issue #7

Issue #8

Issue #9

And there's much more here but not written or drawn by Wendy Pini.
    Last edited by Adam-X; 05-11-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I believe a collection called Elfquest: The Original Quest is being published in a few months as well.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I believe a collection called Elfquest: The Original Quest is being published in a few months as well.
    Yes it is! I have seen a few threads mention ElfQuest here and there (favorite fantasy books, etc) - but I figured I'd kick off it's own thread - and directly like what I thought were the best stories. If someone wants to continue beyond that, even better! But since they're all free, and beautifully done - I figured it'd attract folks to at least check it out!

Have you read the new series they have out now?

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Have you read the new series they have out now?
    Yes! I read DISCOVERY, which - I thought was "Okay." But am enjoying FINAL QUEST much more. (Although the most recent "death" fell a little flat for me).

So if you had to pick ONE elf (troll, human OR preserver) - who would you say is your favorite?

BANNED

Yeah, it's the first 20 issues in black and white. Wondering if it's going to be magazine sized or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Yeah, it's the first 20 issues in black and white. Wondering if it's going to be magazine sized or not?
    I wouldn't mind if they go magazine size with it.

Anyone else reading the current series? Thoughts?

I'm reading The Final Quest and have been enjoying it thus far.

I'm reading The Final Quest and have been enjoying it thus far.
    Some of the characters, I am not overly familiar with - because I did miss out on a lot of stuff that wasn't Wendy/Richard, that happened in other things. For example, not overly familiar with Tier. Or the human "king" who had Krim slice and dice the manhood. But still managing to enjoy the story thus far.

I do miss it being B&W however. I think the art in the Original, Siege and Kings was so amazing. It doesn't have the same sharpness (to me) and sometimes cutting edge, that I think the B&W issues were able to deliver.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So if you had to pick ONE elf (troll, human OR preserver) - who would you say is your favorite?
    My favorites have always been Redlance and Nightfall; I loved that the woman was the warrior of the couple, and the man the sensitive healer type. Strongbow and Moonshade are probably my runner-ups. Oddly enough, my least favorite is Skywise, whom everyone else seems to adore.

I read the Original Quest in the color Starblaze editions as a kid (11, 12?) and loved them. I "found" my copies at the local library and "forgot" to return them; my parents weren't happy at having to pay for them, but they were already out of print and there was no internet as we know it today so my options were limited!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My favorites have always been Redlance and Nightfall; I loved that the woman was the warrior of the couple, and the man the sensitive healer type. Strongbow and Moonshade are probably my runner-ups. Oddly enough, my least favorite is Skywise, whom everyone else seems to adore. I read the Original Quest in the color Starblaze editions as a kid (11, 12?) and loved them. I "found" my copies at the local library and "forgot" to return them; my parents weren't happy at having to pay for them, but they were already out of print and there was no internet as we know it today so my options were limited!
    Hah! We are much alike, you and I. I too favor Redlance and Nightfall. Redlance, because I adore his character. And Nightfall, because she's built like a good, thick, woman. Not bones, like Dewshine. And like you, the typical reverse aspect (woman is the warrior, the male is the gentle soul) was a nice touch! I love(d) Strongbow during the Blue Mountain part of the Original Quest (his and Winnowill's battles of wills were amazing!)

I don't mind Skywise, myself, however. Wouldn't rank him a favorite (Pike is in there for me), but I definitely didn't dislike him.

I picked up The Complete Elfquest Volume 1 today and I'm really looking forward to digging into the 700 page tome.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have loved Elfquest ever since Marvel reprinted the original story as part of their Epic line. Since then over the years I have managed to track down nearly ever issue of the different series. Just so much great stuff. The Original Quest, Siege of Blue Montain, Kings of the Broken Wheel, Shards, New Blood (I liked Dart and his bands adventures in the Forevergreen jungle), Hidden Years, Kahvi, and so much more