Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Well, yeah.

Like WhiteQueenEmmaFrost said in another thread, you can read these books online without buying them now. So this idea that you can't comment on a book you haven't bought doesn't fly anymore.

I think you nailed it. Each writer has a preference for how projects his energy discharges.

Ultimate Member

A question about Alex, wondering who his friends are...I mean Lorna if you think about it but after her he really doesn't have anybody...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    A question about Alex, wondering who his friends are...I mean Lorna if you think about it but after her he really doesn't have anybody...
    That's true.

He was friends with Logan, but they downplayed that big time post X-Tinction Agenda. That's not even getting into the potential friends both he and Lorna may have made while going for their Master's Degrees.

Ultimate Member

Well recently in Blue Bunn had Lorna say that Alex and Logan weren't friends, which is weird as I thought that they were to one degree or another, but yeah I guess you could call the old X-Factor team his friends but they've had little to no interaction in years so Lorna is just about his only friend...I partially bring it up as in the Lorna thread they bemoan that Lorna has so few friends...she probably has more than Alex actually...always nice to have another birthday but now at 39 I'm starting to feel old...especially since today is also my oldest nephews 27th B-Day, he became a father for the first time 9 days ago, a little girl...

Fantastic Member

Well recently in Blue Bunn had Lorna say that Alex and Logan weren't friends, which is weird as I thought that they were to one degree or another, but yeah I guess you could call the old X-Factor team his friends but they've had little to no interaction in years so Lorna is just about his only friend...I partially bring it up as in the Lorna thread they bemoan that Lorna has so few friends...she probably has more than Alex actually...always nice to have another birthday but now at 39 I'm starting to feel old...especially since today is also my oldest nephews 27th B-Day, he became a father for the first time 9 days ago, a little girl...
    Yeah, I've already gone over what Bunn had Lorna say about Alex's friendship with Logan. Probably just reading too much into a comment meant to segue into the observation about Lorna and Alex's relationship made by Gazing...Nightshade, I think it is? Of course, Bunn's Marvel.com comment about Alex believing deep down in mutant supremacy kind of makes me think he's trying to rewrite the character's history. But I doubt that's actually the case.

Well, happy birthday to both you and your nephew. I'm turning 39 myself on the first of April, and I can definitely relate to feeling old.

Ultimate Member

Ah an April Fools baby...my family is odd my maternal grandmother and her twin brother's birthday was yesterday the 30th, my little brother's is the 16th of April, my older brother's is the 20th of April, my mom's is the 26th of April, my dad's sister's birthday is the 29th of April...

As for Alex I wonder if Bunn meant that inverted Alex wants mutant supremacy but uninverted Alex doesn't, on one hand I think that Bunn is trying to move Lorna on past Alex but then at the same time there are moments and comments that seem to suggest that at the very least Bunn is leaving things open so that if a different writer wanted to put them back together sooner rather than later they could, so it's a toss up...

Thanks, and happy early B-Day back to you...it's the next birthday that I'm dreading now...

Fantastic Member

Ah an April Fools baby...my family is odd my maternal grandmother and her twin brother's birthday was yesterday the 30th, my little brother's is the 16th of April, my older brother's is the 20th of April, my mom's is the 26th of April, my dad's sister's birthday is the 29th of April...

As for Alex I wonder if Bunn meant that inverted Alex wants mutant supremacy but uninverted Alex doesn't, on one hand I think that Bunn is trying to move Lorna on past Alex but then at the same time there are moments and comments that seem to suggest that at the very least Bunn is leaving things open so that if a different writer wanted to put them back together sooner rather than later they could, so it's a toss up...

Thanks, and happy early B-Day back to you...it's the next birthday that I'm dreading now...
    Thank you, and congrats on the new edition to your family. I should've said that in my previous post, but I spaced it.

I honestly have no idea what Bunn is doing, so he at least gets credit for accomplishing that. Inverted Alex being a mutant supremacist I can buy, since uninverted Alex doesn't think he's better than humans. It's that 'deep down' bit that bugged me for a little while.

I know the feeling, even now.

Ultimate Member

Yeah I hope that Bunn doesn't try to change Alex into some mutant supremacist or something once he's uninverted, I just hate it when writers are being so obvious about plot points that only appear to say keep two certain characters out of a relationship or something along those lines...as for Bunn who knows how much longer he'll be on Blue depending on what happens after all of these temporary teams coming leave, a lot could happen, just hoping that wherever Alex ends up he's written well...

My mom and sister-great grandmother and grandmother-both for the first time, have been over the moon about the baby since day once...especially once they learned that it was a girl...

Fantastic Member

Yeah I hope that Bunn doesn't try to change Alex into some mutant supremacist or something once he's uninverted, I just hate it when writers are being so obvious about plot points that only appear to say keep two certain characters out of a relationship or something along those lines...as for Bunn who knows how much longer he'll be on Blue depending on what happens after all of these temporary teams coming leave, a lot could happen, just hoping that wherever Alex ends up he's written well...

My mom and sister-great grandmother and grandmother-both for the first time, have been over the moon about the baby since day once...especially once they learned that it was a girl...
    Yep. Just gotta ride this out and hope Alex is written well if there's a writer who wants to use him. If not, leave him in limbo. Better that than to have his history rewritten for a plot point.

That's good to hear.

Ultimate Member

Well unless there's a writer that actually wants to use him I do fear that he'll be written as a plot point for somebody else...

Fantastic Member

Well unless there's a writer that actually wants to use him I do fear that he'll be written as a plot point for somebody else...
    True, because if the new X-Editor is anything like the previous ones, then chances are, if Jeff Lemire is right, that the writers are still going to follow editorial dictated plots and stories. Which is not to say the writers should be exempt from their part in however the work turns out.

Ultimate Member

And sadly since Remender there hasn't been a writer that seems to have really wanted to write Alex and do anything great with him...

Fantastic Member

And sadly since Remender there hasn't been a writer that seems to have really wanted to write Alex and do anything great with him...
    I can't argue with that, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Will J.; 03-31-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I loved Alex in the latest issue of Blue

Ultimate Member

I just hope that Bunn doesn't kill him off, make him lose his powers, have him hook up with Emma, or get thrown under the bus...all of which is sadly possible regardless of what Bunn has said...and I'm sure that none of the Alex haters in a certain other thread will ever hold any of this against him...