Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Cry Havok!: Havok Appreciation

This thread is dedicated to Flight, an awesome poster I never got the chance to talk to, but shared my passion for Havok as a character.

Here is a thread to discuss the younger Summers brother, Alex Summers, otherwise known as HAVOK! Not only is he my favorite X-man, but he's also my favorite Marvel character period. As such, it pains me to see him suffer under Remender. Here's to hoping things will eventually get better!

Last edited by Pharozonk; 04-30-2014 at 06:31 PM.

BANNED

deleted for implying there is something bad about comics re: "suffering"

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdumbass View Post
    deleted for implying there is something bad about comics re: "suffering"
    How did I know you would show up?
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 08-03-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Even though I already liked him previously, I grew to really appreciate Havok during the couple years he spent on Earth-1298, aka the Mutant X Universe:

Having his own adventures with a particular set of X-Men and a familiar yet quite different Marvel U allowed for him to become less of someone else's brother and become a a big time hero in his own right.

I should also mention that it was the single X-book that I enjoyed in the dark period that the whole line went thru in the tail gate of the 1990s

Mutant X was awesome! One of my favorite underrated Marvel series.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    This thread is dedicated to Flight, an awesome poster I never got the chance to talk to, but shared my passion for Havok as a character.
    Darling, I am BACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and i have a feeling, we are going to be FABULOUS friends!

now, as you all know ive been absent for several years (bANNED~~~~!!!!!) but now i return with a FRE$H attitude and to discuss what i currently think of one mr. alexXx summers...

youve been a very naughty boi joining the avengers havok...

Woah, the legend Flight has returned!!!1!1

Can I get your autograph?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

I want continue a discussion we had in the old Havok thread a while back: his portrayal in X-Men: First Class. I personally thought they made him too douchey and not like the Havok I was fond of.

BANNED

Woah, the legend Flight has returned!!!1!1

Can I get your autograph?
    **air kisses**

i'm X-tremely pleased to meet you, i hope we can have long discussions about our fave mutant and share many picz

but toodles 4 now. london is calling and i am sleepy

xXx

I cannot believe that everything is dead and gone from the old forum and we have to start fresh with a new Havok appreciation thread. Thanks for getting the ball rolling !Pharozonk!.

Havok has long been my favorite character in comics ever since I started reading Uncanny X-Men back in the late 1980's as a kid. Sure he's had his share of ups and downs to say the least but what character hasn't after decades of continuity? These days it seems if he's not crying Havok then it's people crying about Havok and/or Remender.

But enough of that train of thought and onto the celebration of the man called Havok and you can't even begin to do so without posting some Neal Adams.

I want continue a discussion we had in the old Havok thread a while back: his portrayal in X-Men: First Class. I personally thought they made him too douchey and not like the Havok I was fond of.

I am open to new interpretations of characters and as I stated in the old thread I liked his jerk/poke fun attitude and demeanor towards the Beast (mainly because I'm not and never will be a fan of Beast). Presenting the characters at a much younger age there was bound to be some immaturity to be a part of a few of the X-Men is how I viewed it and Havok happened to be just that to a degree. And I found it somewhat odd too that after such behavior towards him that McCoy agreed to design that chest panel for Havok to be able to control his powers.

And I was not fond of the choice to alter his power signature to being red like Cyclops, instead of keeping with the identifiable white/black concentric circles. I tend to stay away from movie trailers as much as possible so I haven't seen anything relating to movie Havok other than the cover images posted a few months back where he was wearing what looked like an army/military uniform. I am hoping he plays more than just a two-bit part in the film since it's full to the brim with so many original cast members making a return. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

BANNED

i wasn't bothered about Havok in the FC movie. i wasn't bothered about anything in the movies!
    they lost my attention when they got rid of Cyclops and made Wolverine & Storm the starz~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Even though I already liked him previously, I grew to really appreciate Havok during the couple years he spent on Earth-1298, aka the Mutant X Universe:

Having his own adventures with a particular set of X-Men and a familiar yet quite different Marvel U allowed for him to become less of someone else's brother and become a a big time hero in his own right.

I should also mention that it was the single X-book that I enjoyed in the dark period that the whole line went thru in the tail gate of the 1990s
    Mutant X was the first series that I read that starred Havok and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think the War of Kings gets much love being a Vulcan centric storyline but I have to say it was one of my favorite Havok stories. He stepped up in a big way especially after losing his father and left rotting in a deep dark hole. IMO it was Alex at his best.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Mutant X was the first series that I read that starred Havok and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think the War of Kings gets much love being a Vulcan centric storyline but I have to say it was one of my favorite Havok stories. He stepped up in a big way especially after losing his father and left rotting in a deep dark hole. IMO it was Alex at his best.
    I love War of Kings Havok! I wish more writers would remember that he had stepped up and helped lead an intergalactic rebellion. I fell in love with the character during the outback years, when he was at his whiny best, so I have a soft spot for whiny, indecisive Alex, but he's really grown up since then. I've always thought he would have been a great choice to replace his father as permanent leader of the Starjammers. The character fits well in the cosmic world. Of course, he would probably show up far less in that role, so maybe it's for the best that he came back to Earth...

Also, I'm officially going on record as stating that his skinny jeans/tank top "punk" outfit from this weeks UA Annual should become his official uniform.

I like Havok and I was very fond of Mutant X, it was a whole different reality and series. The characters were also great. As for now, I think Alex is poorly written. Let him back on an X-Team because the Uncanny Avengers are more Avengers than Uncanny. He doesn't get to be himself in this series, which I don't like BTW.