Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    I love War of Kings Havok! I wish more writers would remember that he had stepped up and helped lead an intergalactic rebellion. I fell in love with the character during the outback years, when he was at his whiny best, so I have a soft spot for whiny, indecisive Alex, but he's really grown up since then. I've always thought he would have been a great choice to replace his father as permanent leader of the Starjammers. The character fits well in the cosmic world. Of course, he would probably show up far less in that role, so maybe it's for the best that he came back to Earth...

Also, I'm officially going on record as stating that his skinny jeans/tank top "punk" outfit from this weeks UA Annual should become his official uniform.
    I miss his 90's jacket look. First time I saw Havok was on a hologram card from the Fatal Attraction issue. Seriously everything looks cool on a hologram card.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

The government X-Factor uniform with the fold jacket is my least favorite costume that Havok has sported. Even this great looking commission by Clay Mann cannot sway my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkaman Blade View Post
    The government X-Factor uniform with the fold jacket is my least favorite costume that Havok has sported. Even this great looking commission by Clay Mann cannot sway my opinion!

He has a jacket with the sleeves rolled up, obviously he was a big Michael Jackson fan. Plus he has skin tight pants with cargo pockets. There's obviously so much to love in that pic.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Ultimate Member

I liked his old X-Factor look, I haven't liked his look for years, always liked his powers coming from his hands and not his chest...

That costume may have sucked, but that was a golden era for Havok (though it sucked when they made him evil).
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Some pretty awesome Havok and Polaris cosplay!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 05-01-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    He has a jacket with the sleeves rolled up, obviously he was a big Michael Jackson fan. Plus he has skin tight pants with cargo pockets. There's obviously so much to love in that pic.
    the Clay Mann pic is IN-CRED-I-BLE~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!~!!!!
    DAMN, that man can draw!!

The 90's X-Factor outfit was truly terrible but then, what 90's outfit wasn't? I really like the all black outfit, I just REALLY dislike the headgear that comes with it, in any of it's incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    In my mind Mann is synonymous with X-Men.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

The original Pencils for X-Men #166 by Salvador Larroca and the final version.

Note the slight alterations on Havok between the two images with his hands to his sides instead of the kung fu pose, the shape of the lights on his waistline, and on his head the solid pentagon shape that he later adopted during the Kingbreaker mini-series instead of the two line split.

I would guess that I am probably one of the few that actually miss seeing this uniform for Havok.

BANNED

I love that uniform too and I prefer that pose~~!~ his head on the other cover used to be my avatar for years on CBR during Milligan's run.

Note the slight alterations on Havok between the two images with his hands to his sides instead of the kung fu pose, the shape of the lights on his waistline, and on his head the solid pentagon shape that he later adopted during the Kingbreaker mini-series instead of the two line split.

I would guess that I am probably one of the few that actually miss seeing this uniform for Havok.
    Now that was my all time favorite uniform for Havok; I'd love to have it back.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Mutant X was the first series that I read that starred Havok and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think the War of Kings gets much love being a Vulcan centric storyline but I have to say it was one of my favorite Havok stories. He stepped up in a big way especially after losing his father and left rotting in a deep dark hole. IMO it was Alex at his best.
    Agreed War of Kings was not just a really good space opera, it also expanded on Havok's already established knack for leadership.

Sorry guys, this is the only Havok costume I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    He is a god when it comes to art. I doubt there's ANY design that would be so horrible that he couldn't make it look good.

I don't know, with few small tweaks that would be his best costume.