Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy 87th Birthday to the late great Don Heck!!!

Thanks for co-creating Alexander "Alex" Summers in X-Men # 54

Ultimate Member

Kind of funny to see how much Alex has changed since he first showed up, I always liked him better than Scott and hope that he and Lorna can be together again sooner rather than later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So no Starjammers...
    Why not? Corsair didn't raise them. Hopefully they point out these are their adoptive parents. I'm sure with the success of GOTG they'll do them.

Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    Why not? Corsair didn't raise them. Hopefully they point out these are their adoptive parents. I'm sure with the success of GOTG they'll do them.
    Let's hope.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Kind of funny to see how much Alex has changed since he first showed up, I always liked him better than Scott and hope that he and Lorna can be together again sooner rather than later.
    Yeah, they are a great power couple -- would like to see them portrayed that way again. Honestly, I find them more interesting as a couple than separately. They always seem more on top of their game when they are together. I hate when writers only use one of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I've just bought X-Men Marvel Masterworks Volume 6, and while drooling over the gorgeous Neal Adams artwork I remembered why I found Havok an exciting character when I was a kid. I love the way Neal draws him in that all black outfit, love the concentric circles - I think it's the mix of photorealism of the other characters with the stylisation of Havok that is so cool. Also, I much prefer Roy Thomas' concussive-shockwave Havok with Claremont's plasma-energy Havok... and I kind of think Claremont nerfed Alex's character altogether.
    I was introduced to both Alex and Lorna in the superlative Uncanny X-Men #100 -- with probably the best Dave Cockrum artwork ever produced (he pencilled and inked that issue). Part of both characters' appeal to me was their look. And I loved how Havok went blinding white when using his powers -- and the concentric circles were everywhere. Don't like how that effect got watered down by more modern artists -- who basically draw hoops around his power output.

I wish Claremont would have made better use of them in his early X-Men days. After issue 97 and a Marvel Team-Up, they were really put on the back burner.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, they are a great power couple -- would like to see them portrayed that way again. Honestly, I find them more interesting as a couple than separately. They always seem more on top of their game when they are together. I hate when writers only use one of them.
    They do make each other better, which is one of the things that you would hope for in a relationship, but yeah I always did love them better than Scott/Jean as I never liked Scott, then they went and made it so that Lorna could use her powers to power up Alex and his powers.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Marc Silvestri!!!

I enjoyed Alex seperated from Lorna leading to his hook-up with Madelyne Pryor, during your X-Men run. I really, really appreciated your depiction of the Havok costume designed by the GREAT Neal Adams I LOVE that mask. http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....arc_silvestri/

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

How powerful is Havok? He also has control issues like Cyclops right or is that not true? I thought he was only able to control his powers because of special suits?

I know Havok and Cyclops powers cancel each other out/dont hurt each other

But Havok actually seems way more powerful than Cyclops to me
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

I don't think that he's had any problems with his powers in years or has any control problems with them either, I'd say that Alex is more able to control his powers, Scott is powerless if his eyes are blocked unlike Alex who can fire out of both hands, so I'd say that Alex is more powerful and destructive. The whole Maddy thing is more imho about driving a wedge between the brothers to some degree and then giving Scott something to angst a lot about. As for Lorna we learned recently that she can use her powers to make him more powerful and basically keep him powered up.

Havok and Madeline were so hot together. He never had such amazing raw and natural chemistry with anyone else.

Ultimate Member

I'd say that he had more with Lorna than he ever had with Maddy, especially given that it wasn't anything second hand from Scott and all of that, Alex and Lorna have the natural chemistry as well and she's far more likely to not become a villain and try to kill everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

I enjoyed Alex seperated from Lorna leading to his hook-up with Madelyne Pryor, during your X-Men run. I really, really appreciated your depiction of the Havok costume designed by the GREAT Neal Adams I LOVE that mask. http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....arc_silvestri/
    Always thought, Havok and English Psylocke would have made a much better pairing.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

I don't agree but that's all in the past now anyway, as for Alex here's hoping that he returns before to long and back to normal, not inverted like he is now and all...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Maddy, Alex and Lorna make for a scorching love triangle. Lorna and Alex are the traditional long term couple, but Maddy and Alex were hot together. At the time Lorna was possessed and Scott was and is forever a tool so Alex and Maddy hooking up seemed natural. Maddy draws out Alex's wild side. I hope someone revisits the Maddy/Alex relationship soon. When Maddy was resurrected Alex was shown as a person that had a strong connection to her but I don't know if the characters have had any face to face interaction since Inferno.