Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default This Spring, "Everything Ends" at Marvel Comics

Marvel caps off several weeks of teaser images with the rather ominous message "EVERYTHING ENDS" fading away against a white background.

Full article here.

That way Disney doesn't have to worry about those pesky comic books getting in the way of their movies, toy lines, cartoons, video games, etc! Just joking, I know they're not really cancelling the comics.

Everything ends...except for all the characters currently in movies.

These teases. Lol.

Everyone knows about the reboot rumors and this teaser certainly will revitalize that talk. Will be interesting to see what is planned.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    That way Disney doesn't have to worry about those pesky comic books getting in the way of their movies, toy lines, cartoons, video games, etc! Just joking, I know they're not really cancelling the comics.
    I mean it's not like Marvel would be hurting if they did. The comic market is still pretty niche compared to licensing and films.

If Marvel reboots, I hope they use it as an opportunity to really realign things, push diversity a bit more, create a little more separation between properties and get back to the core of what it is that excited people about the MU in the first place.

Also, they should reduce the cover price.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Everything ends...except for all the characters currently in movies.
    That may be for the best if it leads to a more focused Marvel product. We may actually get things like a Black Panther and Captain Marvel book with an A-List caliber team. That hasn't happened in forever at this point. Spread around the Weavers and Immonens and Ribics. Immonen on Captain Marvel. Weaver on Black Panther. Ribic on Dr. Strange. That would be fantastic.

I doubt it will happen though since they're currently in the process of relaunching Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 11-04-2014 at 07:24 AM.

If Everything Ends, what am I suppose to read from Marvel!?

But in all seriousness, any one else think this might be Marvel's version of Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Crisis in Marvel infinity?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    These teases. Lol.

Everyone knows about the reboot rumors and this teaser certainly will revitalize that talk. Will be interesting to see what is planned.
    We were finally seeing less reboot threads dammit Marvel
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Batman View Post
    If Everything Ends, what am I suppose to read from Marvel!?

But in all seriousness, any one else think this might be Marvel's version of Crisis on Infinite Earths?
    Hard to say. I mean sure Hickman's been playing with this alternate realities story since he kicked off his Fantastic Four run, but culling the MU doesn't mean much when Marvel only routinely publishes books about two Universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    That may be for the best if it leads to a more focused Marvel product. We may actually get things like a Black Panther and Captain Marvel book with an A-List caliber team. That hasn't happened in forever at this point. Spread around the Weavers and Immonens and Ribics. Immonen on Captain Marvel. Weaver on Black Panther. Ribic on Dr. Strange. That would be fantastic.

I doubt it will happen though since they're currently in the process of relaunching Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.
    As long if there's a Songbird around...

Could be something like CoIE with the incursions, or maybe it really is a reboot, who knows. Marvel's not cancelling their books, that would be insane.

jahman

Golly, if this doesn't look exactly like the end of Zero Hour...

BANNED

So all the past timelines, events, and alt realities will converge. A Big Bang will happen and a new history will begin, starting with what we have now. No full on reboot, just a "soft" reboot, and a whole slue of relaunches with mixing of avengers and x-men.

Well if this doesn't re-fan the reboot flames...