Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    he was shot in the leg in the first movie

Even if that was because he was under stress, shot from behind , not fully in control of his powers or whatever, thats still a huge jump from that to fraction of lightspeed
    Yes, but that's still one really bad feat in one movie and one really good feat in another, not exactly SMvsFL territory still.

Quote Originally Posted by Amibo_Amore View Post
    Spidey doesn't know about Kayla Silverfox's "manipulation" ability, so he's screwed if she gets hold of him. She'll force him to do whatever she wants.
    He will at least know she is a mutant, so why would he allow her to come up and touch him? Also I forget..did she need to make contact with your skin for her power to work, or did it work through fabric?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Yes, but that's still one really bad feat in one movie and one really good feat in another, not exactly SMvsFL territory still.
    But it is one feat in four hours of movie that is vastly out of step with everything else in both movies, not just in comparison to one bad feat. How was the Lizard a challenge at all if Spider-man is thousands of times faster than he is? How is Electro, who is clearly moving around at relatively normal human speeds, a challenge to him at all? If he is fraction of light speed fast, why did he let the Lizard kill Captain Stacy? Why let the Rhino shoot up downtown instead of running over and removing him from the suit? Either both movies are non-stop PIS like a Flash comic, or the feat is SMvFL (a huge outlier in comparison with his presentation and the rest of the canon).

Amazing Member

Amazing Spider-Man's spider sense is not as powerful as that of comic book Spider-Man's, as proven by him getting shot, movie Deadpool's blades can move faster than bullets, his blades would give Spider-Man trouble, I think the adamantium blades would cut through Spider-Man's webbing easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Amibo_Amore View Post
    Spidey doesn't know about Kayla Silverfox's "manipulation" ability, so he's screwed if she gets hold of him. She'll force him to do whatever she wants.
    IIRC her ability doesn't work on those who have a healing factor, thus Spider-Man would be immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    The cats from Wolverine Origins
    I like that reference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnqZa65XnHc
    Last edited by Ratmansaurus; 11-05-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratmansaurus View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man's spider sense is not as powerful as that of comic book Spider-Man's, as proven by him getting shot, movie Deadpool's blades can move faster than bullets, his blades would give Spider-Man trouble, I think the adamantium blades would cut through Spider-Man's webbing easily.

IIRC her ability doesn't work on those who have a healing factor, thus Spider-Man would be immune to it.
    Worked on Logan but not on Sabertooth. Also, do we know if Wade's swords were adamantium before he got experimented on? They just seemed to be normal katanas.
    Also, Wade is the only one here with the reflexes to fight Spidey.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Worked on Logan but not on Sabertooth. Also, do we know if Wade's swords were adamantium before he got experimented on? They just seemed to be normal katanas.
    Also, Wade is the only one here with the reflexes to fight Spidey.
    I'm pretty sure that pre-Barakapool Wade's swords weren't adamantium (IIRC, that was formed from the material that they slaughtered that village for), and even if they were they wouldn't really help cut things that have stuck on any part of the blade other than the edge. If this was Barakapool (whose reflex feats weren't anywhere near pre-operation Wade's, though enough to dance around Logan and Victor w/ teleportation), then he could just teleport out of the webbing, and might have the edge over Spidey with that ability combined with his optic blasts and healing factor.

That being said, Kayla didn't really try to use her power on Sabretooth since they were co-conspirators at the time, but Kayla is nowhere near a combat character so she'll be swatted/webbed aside in passing, even if her powers could affect Parker through his full body suit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That being said, Kayla didn't really try to use her power on Sabretooth since they were co-conspirators at the time, but Kayla is nowhere near a combat character so she'll be swatted/webbed aside in passing, even if her powers could affect Parker through his full body suit.
    http://youtu.be/75IWFeziDaE?t=11m41s

Good point about her not being a combatant though.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

He will at least know she is a mutant, so why would he allow her to come up and touch him?
    Maybe she could try to tempt him with her good looks...? Nah, just kidding.

Also, I don't remember if her powers can go through fabric or not. Even if it's possible, she's not a fighter anyway, so Spidey shouldn't have a problem as long as he doesn't get too close. He can just web her up and call it a day. Aside from her powers of persuasion, she's pretty much defenseless.
    Last edited by Amibo_Amore; 11-05-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Spider-man doesn't know what she looks like or her powers. So it shouldn't take all that much doing for her to approach him on the street. Spider-sense wouldn't warn him until she tries to speak, or until she actually utters something. Also, Spider-man healing factor is not as good as Wolverine or Sabertooth so her power should work somewhat.

Team Logan could also find out who spider-man is after getting his scent from a crime-scene. Kayla plays the long game and goes undercover as a teacher. Wolverine's becomes the janitor. Sabertooth becomes the gym coach. Deadpool teaches Morals and Ethics, and Blob enrolls to try and get his high-school degree...

BANNED

Spider-man doesn't know what she looks like or her powers. So it shouldn't take all that much doing for her to approach him on the street. Spider-sense wouldn't warn him until she tries to speak, or until she actually utters something.
    But his entire thing is being warned slightly before something happens, not after it starts happening. Why would he need to wait for her to start using her power? Also, she has to touch you. His spider-sense could go off and tell him 'dodge this bitches hand yo' and then he does it.

Also, Spider-man healing factor is not as good as Wolverine or Sabertooth so her power should work somewhat.
    When was it suggested a healing factor made you resistant to her power?

Team Logan could also find out who spider-man is after getting his scent from a crime-scene. Kayla plays the long game and goes undercover as a teacher. Wolverine's becomes the janitor. Sabertooth becomes the gym coach. Deadpool teaches Morals and Ethics, and Blob enrolls to try and get his high-school degree...
    Well, nothing could certainly go wrong with this plan.

Wacky antics ensue while Peter comically dodges all of their attempts on his life.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

But his entire thing is being warned slightly before something happens, not after it starts happening. Why would he need to wait for her to start using her power? Also, she has to touch you. His spider-sense could go off and tell him 'dodge this bitches hand yo' and then he does it.
    Why would he dodge her if her intent is to touch him and mentally suggested something positive? Kayla: " Be my friend and care about my life, Peter.?

When was it suggested a healing factor made you resistant to her power?
    Wolverine. He was his own man. The best in the world wouldn't be swayed.

Well, nothing could certainly go wrong with this plan.
    Imagine the rage Logan could harness after not only smelling Spider-man sweaty and stink from a battle, but Spider-man super-human dumped in the toilet. Funny how they gloss over that fact in the Spider-man movie.

BANNED

Why would he dodge her if her intent is to touch him and mentally suggested something positive? Kayla: " Be my friend and care about my life, Peter.?
    Why would he not dodge someone setting off his spider sense? Unless you can recall feats of her controlling someone without touch, but then if that was the case why'd she need to touch Striker's leg?

Wolverine. He was his own man. The best in the world wouldn't be swayed.
    So you are saying Wolverine specifically says it wouldn't work on healing factors or you are assuming it wouldn't because he is Wolverine?

Imagine the rage Logan could harness after not only smelling Spider-man sweaty and stink from a battle, but Spider-man super-human dumped in the toilet. Funny how they gloss over that fact in the Spider-man movie.
    I..what..? Well, all I can say is dude grew up and was around Sabretooth for a while, he is probably used to bad smells.

I'm just wondering, but why do some people think movie Electro's power is anywear near lightspeed level?
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be."

-Robin Williams (Dead Poets Society)

~Member Since: 09/25/2009~
    ~Old CBR Post Count: 834~

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Why would he not dodge someone setting off his spider sense? Unless you can recall feats of her controlling someone without touch, but then if that was the case why'd she need to touch Striker's leg?

So you are saying Wolverine specifically says it wouldn't work on healing factors or you are assuming it wouldn't because he is Wolverine?

I..what..? Well, all I can say is dude grew up and was around Sabretooth for a while, he is probably used to bad smells.
    I took it as her powers wouldn't work on mutants. Sabes flat-out says "it won't work on me" and Kayla says that it won't work on Logan. He's too mad to buy it at at that point, but there is no real reason not to believe it.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome-X View Post
    I'm just wondering, but why do some people think movie Electro's power is anywear near lightspeed level?
    People often make the mistake of believing that arcing electricity approaches lightspeed. It's a thing.