Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I agree, the entire process has been painstakingly slow. While I'm glad that we're finally reaching this point, this should have happened a while ago. I think we can thank the television show for this though, as it seems with the CWTV introduction of Wally West, the comic has been picking up the pace a little bit. There's no reason for the TV version of Wally West to get his powers before the comic book version.
    Yeah its bad enough that Flash met Eobard in the show before the N52. Has Barry even met Jay yet at this point? Its (sorta) like a game of thrones situation where the show is catching up with the comics.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I hope we will see him in a suit sooner than later and put in him in his own book or in the Teen Titans, if we have a better writer than Pfeifer.

But yeah, thanks to the show, he finally got powers. Let's hope it will be speed powers ... With the current writers, you never know ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Yeah its bad enough that Flash met Eobard in the show before the N52. Has Barry even met Jay yet at this point? Its (sorta) like a game of thrones situation where the show is catching up with the comics.
    You know what's funny, I was thinking the same thing. The two shows are very similar in parallel regarding the books coming out first but the television show coming out up that could possibly run out of material. The only material we have is adult flash in his costume from a different future. And I don't believe we're going to see that in the television series any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I hope we will see him in a suit sooner than later and put in him in his own book or in the Teen Titans, if we have a better writer than Pfeifer.

But yeah, thanks to the show, he finally got powers. Let's hope it will be speed powers ... With the current writers, you never know ...

I was told Booth wanted to write the character as well. But I'm pretty sure he's going to be a speedster, the fact that we had adult wally come in and was also a speedster and the fact that television will most likely also have him as a speedster means their course is very likely predetermined.

But I'm really hoping that we do get a major exploration of the character soon. He has some much potential that's just waiting to be explored. Hmm being on teen titans would be awesome too, does teen titans have a speester spot available or is one filled already?

You know what's funny, I was thinking the same thing. The two shows are very similar in parallel regarding the books coming out first but the television show coming out up that could possibly run out of material. The only material we have is adult flash in his costume from a different future. And I don't believe we're going to see that in the television series any time soon.
    The difference is A Song of Ice and Fire is completely plotted so the show shouldn't effect it, except in minor ways. The Flash comics on the other hand...
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

But I'm really hoping that we do get a major exploration of the character soon. He has some much potential that's just waiting to be explored. Hmm being on teen titans would be awesome too, does teen titans have a speester spot available or is one filled already?
    Couldn't agree more !
    As for a Speedster in Teen Titans, Bar Torr made an appearance in the current arc ... It was horrible. He could be a good Inertia though and it would be really interesting to see him against Wally. Or he could just desappear ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    The difference is A Song of Ice and Fire is completely plotted so the show shouldn't effect it, except in minor ways. The Flash comics on the other hand...
    Is just like many comics where the television show or movie influences the comics. But we aren't talking about how the show influence the comic. We're talking about the material Wally West needs to have to make his debut successful in the television show. True the writers of the flash are pretty good so they could come up with a good wally storyline all on their own, but having a nice backdrop in the comic that the television show could than adapt to tv would be beneficial as well

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Couldn't agree more !
    As for a Speedster in Teen Titans, Bar Torr made an appearance in the current arc ... It was horrible. He could be a good Inertia though and it would be really interesting to see him against Wally. Or he could just desappear ...

Lol well I don't want a character to disappear, if there's no room for him in Teen Titans than maybe he can have his own series. I heard something that booth or someone actually wanted to give Wally his own series, which if done right, could give DC their own miles morales. He's young like Miles Morales is and can have his own supporting cast. We can see Iris play a bigger role too as her role in regular Flash has reduced a bit I think since the introduction of Barry's father.

Lol well I don't want a character to disappear, if there's no room for him in Teen Titans than maybe he can have his own series. I heard something that booth or someone actually wanted to give Wally his own series, which if done right, could give DC their own miles morales. He's young like Miles Morales is and can have his own supporting cast. We can see Iris play a bigger role too as her role in regular Flash has reduced a bit I think since the introduction of Barry's father.
    Since Bar Torr is a "villain", I don't see him staying on the book after the end of the current arc. So Wally could be in the team. But if Booth give Wally his own title, it would be awesome. I really like your comparison with Miles Morales. It's basically the same type of character and there is so many characters who could interact with him : Bar Torr, his school teachers, Iris, Barry ... And what about Daniel ?! His uncle is a Reverse-Flash ! This is so interesting !

And if he is a Speedster, he could look after his parents. The potential is huge.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 09-25-2015 at 02:08 AM.

After being laughed out of the Wally appreciation thread, someone was kind enough to mention this thread existing. I didn't know appreciation threads were so specific about pre-52 and New 52 being different characters. It doesn't look like any other heroes are split into separate pre-52 and New 52 threads, but oh well.
    I love classic Wally and am more than excited to grow with this new character and watch him evolve into the iconic figure we grew up with. I also love the way the show is handling Wally, and getting to watch multiple Kid Flash origins stories unfold is very exciting. This is a good time to be a Wally fan IMO. Although the TV Wally is a little old to be called Kid Flash.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about The Flash #49. We got to see Wally getting his powers, and even cooler, we met Wally's best friend, New 52 Chunk! I can;t be the only Chunk enthusiast here, right? I can't wait to see him get his powers too, and for whatever plot will stem from these two and their vastly different relationship from the pre-Flashpoint Chunk.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    The difference is A Song of Ice and Fire is completely plotted so the show shouldn't effect it, except in minor ways.
    It isn;t completely plotted, it is just roughly plotted. GRRM recently announced that he just made up his mind about whether or not to add a certain twist to the books, so clearly a lot of things are still up in the air in the dude's head.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...wist/80979724/
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 02-27-2016 at 04:23 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I didn't know appreciation threads were so specific about pre-52 and New 52 being different characters.
    Just to clarify, Ragdoll, this is not usually the case; Wally is a very specific exception to the standard.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Just to clarify, Ragdoll, this is not usually the case; Wally is a very specific exception to the standard.
    I only pointed it out here to explain for any who think I was crashing the other thread just to be a jerk. If I knew nu-Wally had his own thread, I'd have used it originally. Looking at how few posts are in it explains why I never noticed it around before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    True but at the same time what happened at the thread isn't technically allowed. The bashing that happens for nu-wally is against forum rules and it gets pretty much ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

After being laughed out of the Wally appreciation thread, someone was kind enough to mention this thread existing. I didn't know appreciation threads were so specific about pre-52 and New 52 being different characters. It doesn't look like any other heroes are split into separate pre-52 and New 52 threads, but oh well.
    I love classic Wally and am more than excited to grow with this new character and watch him evolve into the iconic figure we grew up with. I also love the way the show is handling Wally, and getting to watch multiple Kid Flash origins stories unfold is very exciting. This is a good time to be a Wally fan IMO. Although the TV Wally is a little old to be called Kid Flash.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about The Flash #49. We got to see Wally getting his powers, and even cooler, we met Wally's best friend, New 52 Chunk! I can;t be the only Chunk enthusiast here, right? I can't wait to see him get his powers too, and for whatever plot will stem from these two and their vastly different relationship from the pre-Flashpoint Chunk.

It isn;t completely plotted, it is just roughly plotted. GRRM recently announced that he just made up his mind about whether or not to add a certain twist to the books, so clearly a lot of things are still up in the air in the dude's head.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...wist/80979724/

Understandable, I actually created this thread because I wanted a appreciation thread well everyone was like minded. For talking positively about nu-wally, I knew pre-52 wally fans would have try to bash sooner or later even though it's against the rules. So I created this thread.

With that said, FINALLY, FINALLY he has his powers, I was so excited to see him finally exhibit the speed force. Do you think it was good to keep his secret until later? Especially since the current writer is only on board for a few more issues. I was expecting Barry to find out right away to be honest.

Do you think it was good to keep his secret until later? Especially since the current writer is only on board for a few more issues. I was expecting Barry to find out right away to be honest.
    Yeah, they should have gotten to Wally sooner.

Honestly, I haven't been a fan of this run, and thought the Zoom story was terribly boring. It was just an excuse to bring out some good c-list villains with New 52 versions, and they put no effort into making the actual plot cool. So yeah, I wish we had gotten a good Wally story soon, but it could have been an editorial mandate to do Zoom first. With Rebirth coming, this was their last chance to wrap up the arc they began when New 52 first launched, with Barry trying to solve his mothers murder. And the TV show came along after New 52 launched and told such a superior version of that arc that the comics just felt weak in comparison.

But now that those terrible issues are in the over, they are smart to start tackling a plot that won't be happening in the show. I know Wally is in the show, but he is no kid, there's no way they call that dude Kid Flash. So the comics are the perfect place to launch a new Kid Flash with Wally young again. And the fact that he is friends with Chunk just feels like it promises at least one amazing story down the line before they ditch the character. It's hard to ignore how vocal fans seem to be against this Wally, and I have a feeling we won;t see much of him after Rebirth, which I imagine will have a pre-Flashpoint feeling. I hope I'm wrong, but... hopefully they do one awesome Kid Flash New 52 story before whatever Rebirth is happens.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, they should have gotten to Wally sooner.

Honestly, I haven't been a fan of this run, and thought the Zoom story was terribly boring. It was just an excuse to bring out some good c-list villains with New 52 versions, and they put no effort into making the actual plot cool. So yeah, I wish we had gotten a good Wally story soon, but it could have been an editorial mandate to do Zoom first. With Rebirth coming, this was their last chance to wrap up the arc they began when New 52 first launched, with Barry trying to solve his mothers murder. And the TV show came along after New 52 launched and told such a superior version of that arc that the comics just felt weak in comparison.

But now that those terrible issues are in the over, they are smart to start tackling a plot that won't be happening in the show. I know Wally is in the show, but he is no kid, there's no way they call that dude Kid Flash. So the comics are the perfect place to launch a new Kid Flash with Wally young again. And the fact that he is friends with Chunk just feels like it promises at least one amazing story down the line before they ditch the character. It's hard to ignore how vocal fans seem to be against this Wally, and I have a feeling we won;t see much of him after Rebirth, which I imagine will have a pre-Flashpoint feeling. I hope I'm wrong, but... hopefully they do one awesome Kid Flash New 52 story before whatever Rebirth is happens.
    I highly doubt they will get rid of nu-wally, though I can see them adding a separate wally similar to how they're currently doing with Superman. Right now, Marvel is kicking their butt in the diversity department. Though nu-wally started out rough, he's quickly progressing into an ample and capable character. To remove the character would be another nail with DC.

I'm definitely looking forward to nu-wally being finally getting into a suit. I'm wondering if he's going to become like a sidekick or spun off into like the teen titans.

Removing the new characters is something Johns has never done in his Rebirths, so I don't think he'll do it here. I think it's better to just get his personality and family aspect closer in line.