View Poll Results: What is your overall reaction to the first year of Superman/Wonder Woman?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • A: I've shipped these two for ages and think this title's amazing. Perfect storytelling

14 22.95%
  • A: I dont care if they are together but this title rocks every single month.

1 1.64%
  • A: I hate these two together but even I cant deny this book is fantastic.

0 0%
  • B: I ship these two hard and this book is consistently above par. Not much to change

8 13.11%
  • B: I dont care about them together but the book is pretty damn good.

6 9.84%
  • B: I shudder at the relationship but the overall book is mostly high quality.

2 3.28%
  • C: I adore them together and the book is okay. I still want some thingss done better.

14 22.95%
  • C: Meh on the relationship and the story. The latter is okay for what I pay for it.

2 3.28%
  • C: The relationship is awful but overall the book is solidly put together.

0 0%
  • D: I have wanted these two to hook up but am disappointed with the delivery.

1 1.64%
  • D: The romance means nothing to me and the delivery has some flaws that need urgent attention

5 8.20%
  • D: I hate the idea of them together and there is not much to change my mind here.

4 6.56%
  • E: After shipping them for ages this is the biggest letdown possible. I want to cry!

1 1.64%
  • E: I didnt care about the relationship before but now I think its just awful.

3 4.92%
  • E: I thought I hated them together, but I didnt really know hate until I read the book.

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    But they are not brother and sister ... you're thinking of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, He Man and She Ra ... Clark and Diana aren't even from the same planet let alone the same gene pool ... if it makes you uncomfortable it's because of, with respect, your misguided perception not the characters
    Key concept: "not in a literal sense"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk80 View Post
    Okay. Fair enough.

B2. I dont care about them as a couple one way or the other, but the book is fairly fun. It's not amazing, holy crap best thing ever and its easily the weakest of the books I read by Soule, but it's had its moments where its just been great.

I think the relationship is something worth exploring for now. I dont think its a relationship that can last, but that doesnt mean its not a relationship that shouldnt unfold. Its not like Clark Kent can *only* ever chase Lois Lane or anything. So why not see how Clark/Diana goes (and eventually ends in hopefully a mutually healthy and agreed upon manner).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obviously not in a literal sense. They always had a wonderful friendship, that kind of brother-and-sister friendship that could never be anything else. As a couple they make me really uncomfortable.
    They've never had a brother-sister friendship. Not even in a symbolic sense. Even when just friends, there was always, ALWAYS sexual tension there to some degree. If that's a brother/sister relationship then I just got a little creeped out.

Anywho, I went with A1. But right after I pushed the button I knew I should have put B1. It deserved to be knocked a letter grade for Diana's diminishing role near the end of Doomed, IMO.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-05-2014 at 07:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heasensy32 View Post
    A because Lois is boring and Steve is a tool and both supes and wondy feel more expressive and natural.
    it's your opinion, because lois and steve are pretty awesome for me.

yep,I say virtual incest.

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    I can understand that too, that's why I have never and would never blame people who don't like the SMWW couple. Mostly because we all have reasons to like it or not.
    I do believe that sometimes, in real life, things just happen with no good reason. People find themselves in a moment of their life that allows them to fall in love with a perticular person, just because the right timing was there.

What I understood in Justice League #12 (I'm not sure if it's in that issue where they kiss or was it #11?) is that they both felt lonely, felt like they were outsiders and that they could not relate to anybody else, IN that particular moment. It was in the aftermath of a battle that was emotionally busy for them so maybe all in all it led them to that moment where something happened. I can understand why people feel that it was forced, maybe I just don't see things the same way and that I don't feel things the same way either.
    But in my understanding of things, I can totally see how things like that can happen.

Find somebody just like you, both powerful and sensitive and find out that you can find comfort and strength in somebody else, well, it can be unexpected but can feel natural for those who live through that!
    With that way of seeing things, there's no way she could have fallen in love with Orion, at least not how he was portrayed during the Azzarello story.

I'm not expecting everyone to agree, but that's just how I have interpretated things, at least that's how it makes sense to me.
    they feel lonely because they shut down everyone, superman shutted down because she could get hurt (hipocrisy), WW shutted down steve trevor because he could get hurt, she forgot he is a military man that lives always in danger. both forgot there is a simple human in JL: batman. never saw so much hipocrisy together like this.
    It's even out of character for WW, she said on Azz run that the brevity of human life is what makes it special. so she accepts very well the mortality of a human life;

So I can't agree with you, I can't find simpathy for smww. I don't think it feel natural, both superman and wonder woman are better than that. Heroes do the difficult thing, not the easier one.

I think she can fall in love with orion, people can fall in love with flawed people, character development...but the most interesting thing 99,99% of people never tought about it
    Last edited by Blacksun; 11-05-2014 at 09:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    They've never had a brother-sister friendship. Not even in a symbolic sense. Even when just friends, there was always, ALWAYS sexual tension there to some degree. If that's a brother/sister relationship then I just got a little creeped out.

Anywho, I went with A1. But right after I pushed the button I knew I should have put B1. It deserved to be knocked a letter grade for Diana's diminishing role near the end of Doomed, IMO.
    The term was chosen for the imagery it invokes.

Something to symbolize the disgust they have toward the pairing, nothing more.

Still have a whole lot of trouble seeing why one would choose to see sibling-like imagery in a relationship with such sexual undertones, present in all eras. Its still odd.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-05-2014 at 09:55 PM.

C2 ... Don't much care about the relationship. They work for me sometimes and other times I find it painfully dull. The book itself has had some brilliant moments and some painful ones. The entire Doomed storyline derailed the book terribly though and unless it makes a strong start with the new team I'm out.

BANNED

Still have a whole lot of trouble why one would choose to see sibling-like imagery in a relationship with such sexual undertones. Its odd.
    It's not odd.

The word is not chosen for it's accuracy, it's chosen because it conveys their feelings toward the pairing. Incest being perhaps the only consensual sexual relationship that people can still openly hold in contempt without worrying about the PC police.
    Last edited by Lax; 11-05-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Pretty goofy either way. I hate the idea of applying falsehoods to something one doesn't like with the only motivation being that they don't like it and want to enhance the hate anyway possible, whether it's applicable or not, and not realizing that it doesn't enhance the negative take. Its what killed the term "jump the shark" and has made the words "Nineties" and "Twilight" unbearable.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-05-2014 at 10:34 PM.

BANNED

Pretty goofy either way. I hate the idea of applying falsehoods to something one doesn't like with the only motivation being that they don't like it and want to enhance the hate anyway possible, whether it's applicable or not, and not realizing that it doesn't enhance the negative take. Its what killed the term "jump the shark" and has made the words "Nineties" and "Twilight" unbearable.
    It's a game.

I don't know what else to say. *shrug*

Astonishing Member

I think it's a falsehood to claim it's a falsehood. You always see sexual-tension between them? Good for you; enjoy yourself. Not everyone always sees them that way all the time. I doubt every writer has always written them that way. Personally, I saw no sexual-tension in Rucka's WW run, eg, with Clark showing up with his proof-read copy of her book (proof-reading is not sexy); I saw a close friend. And, no, I don't believe "When Harry Met Sally." SM/WW fans won't like me playing this card: what episodes of JL/JLU had their sexual tension? Any? No?

Imo, it's largely been (and largely still is) a bring-your-own-chemistry relationship. Some writers even ship it. But "always"? No, not buying (I don't bring enough chemistry, I suppose).

it all comes down to this at the end: it's really a matter of taste anyway.

Some have always seen a brother and sister kind of relationship between the two of them where others saw some flirtation.
    When you're outside a relationship of any kind, you can sometimes get to mistake the nature of it. Two bestfriends can almost appear as an item and two lovers can sometimes appear as only friends in public per example.

So, I get it when people find it "incestuous" even though I do not share this feeling. Of course, if you gave me the choice Supes or Orion? I think I would go with Orion, there's a "chemistry" that could be fun to read between them, and they have so much in common in their flaws.

I never thought I'd see in my lifetime Wonder Woman and Superman in a romantic relationship that is canon within the DC Universe let alone that DC would publish an actual ongoing series featuring my two favorite superheroes. Yes, DOOMED was awful but I still find myself excited to see each new issue. I can't wait to see Peter Tomasi and Doug Mahnke work their magic on SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    I think it's a falsehood to claim it's a falsehood. You always see sexual-tension between them? Good for you; enjoy yourself. Not everyone always sees them that way all the time. I doubt every writer has always written them that way. Personally, I saw no sexual-tension in Rucka's WW run, eg, with Clark showing up with his proof-read copy of her book (proof-reading is not sexy); I saw a close friend. And, no, I don't believe "When Harry Met Sally." SM/WW fans won't like me playing this card: what episodes of JL/JLU had their sexual tension? Any? No?

Imo, it's largely been (and largely still is) a bring-your-own-chemistry relationship. Some writers even ship it. But "always"? No, not buying (I don't bring enough chemistry, I suppose).
    Well, of the 37 votes in A B or C so far, 30 are from those who ship the couple.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor