formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Default Spider-Man(s) on Secret Wars #1

I'm sure a better version of this cover will hit very soon, if so I will change it, but for now I am wondering who the two Spider-Men are on the cover to next years Secret Wars #1.

Looks like Miles Morales on the left, but his costume is too blue. The one in the center looks like he has black eyes and no webs. Could it be the Assassin Spider-Man? Most of the other characters look like 616 versions. Do you think 616 Peter change his costume to look like Assassin SM?

Any ideas?

Last edited by saucemaster; 11-05-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: updated image

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    I'm sure a better version of this cover will hit very soon, if so I will change it, but for now I am wondering who the two Spider-Men are on the cover to next years Secret Wars #1.

Looks like Miles Morales on the left, but his costume is too blue. The one in the center looks like he has black eyes and no webs. Could it be the Assassin Spider-Man? Most of the other characters look like 616 versions. Do you think 616 Peter change his costume to look like Assassin SM?

Any ideas?

it looks like the first suit from TASM movie

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

That's definitely Miles on the left. I think it's artistic license but the suit looks black on my PC. That center one might actually be 616 Peter which makes sense if his story somehow involves the "Remember your Vows" thing. The suit isn't black enough I think for it to be Assassin Spidey. Also the Spider on the chest isn't large enough and there are no pouches. So I think it might be 616 Pete.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    The suit isn't black enough I think for it to be Assassin Spidey. Also the Spider on the chest isn't large enough and there are no pouches. So I think it might be 616 Pete.
    Also, that's how generally Esad Ribic portrays Spider-Man. See Silver Surfer Requiem issue 2.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Also, that's how generally Esad Ribic portrays Spider-Man. See Silver Surfer Requiem issue 2.
    You're not wrong. He does have the black eyes here (below image). Well, I didn't see any webs or white eyes in the original image, so I thought it might be an alternate character.

ribicspiderman44.jpg

His webs still look like Omega Red's tentacle things, though, but I reckon that is Ribic's style, too.

BANNED

Miles' suit looks blue because it's reflecting the blue light from most of the cover. It's more like how black would look under an intense blue light. There's a similar effect going on with Black Bolt, but in the case of Cyclops, I think his outfit is just different enough that the light reflects differently. Hopefully that clears things up a bit.