Default Boom! Studios/Archaia solicitations for April 2015

Don't think these have been posted yet? http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/...ng-of-ufology/
    Quick summary...
    New stuff: Ufology by James Tinion IV, Hexed gets a new story arc going.

One-shots: Sleepy Hollow and Steven Universe get one-shots, also there's a pen & ink special for George Perez' Sirens.

Ending stuff: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes finishes in April, as does Cliver Barker's Nightbreed, furthermore Teen Dog finishes its radical run, Rocket Salvage gets a double-sized final issue aaaand the '9 lives of Garfield' story wraps up, but the cat's series obviously doesn't end.

Lastly, Lumberjanes get their first trade collection! Friendship to the max!
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I was looking forward to the Lumberjanes trade but I'm not paying $15 for 4 issues. That's also quite a delay for a TPB release considering that issue #13 is being released the same month. Why couldn't they collect the initial 8 issue run?

Hexed #9 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post
    I was looking forward to the Lumberjanes trade but I'm not paying $15 for 4 issues. That's also quite a delay for a TPB release considering that issue #13 is being released the same month. Why couldn't they collect the initial 8 issue run?
    Agreed that's a really off-putting pricepoint, especially since those comics take like max 5 minutes to read. They're very fast-paced. Certainly fun, but yeah. I guess since the issues are 3.99$ the trade is sliiiiiightly cheaper. And assuming Boom! does what they do on Adventure Time, including all variant covers and stuff, the trade will be quality. But I think I would've gone the Image route and offer the first trade for 9.99$ at least.

Mouse Guard and Munchkin for me, I think.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

plan to get Lumberjanes TPB and Munchkin for sure. Will pick up various minis in TPB form. May get Suicide Risk, but I'd need to catch up first, didn't realize it was ending.

But I have a question, has there been any news on Day Men? #6 has not been solicited, right?
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Hexed #9 fir sure. Might check out Curb Stomp and Burning Fields too, depending on first issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    But I have a question, has there been any news on Day Men? #6 has not been solicited, right?
    They were solicited until #7 I think. Issue 6 is currently due for release on March 4th, while #7 was originally meant for March 11th (that's clearly gonna get pushed back too). Not sure what's happening, though it did go into movie development over at Universal recently. A screenwriter got attached in November I think, so maybe that's somehow stalling the process?

BANNED

Maybe PLUNDER #3 (of 4). I've never heard of this comic, but it has grotesque monsters and terrifying visions, so I just may have to get this.
    Last edited by Marvel_Is; 02-03-2015 at 07:02 PM.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    They were solicited until #7 I think. Issue 6 is currently due for release on March 4th, while #7 was originally meant for March 11th (that's clearly gonna get pushed back too). Not sure what's happening, though it did go into movie development over at Universal recently. A screenwriter got attached in November I think, so maybe that's somehow stalling the process?
    hunh, good to know, thanks
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song