Page 5 of 158 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Interesting. I guess it helps not paying too much attention to the actors names on TWD so when I'm a few seasons behind I don't actually know who Emily Kinney is playing (and will avoid googling it now for fear of spoilers - so in other words, don't tell me who her character is) until I have reached the episode. Here are a few ideas that I came up with:

Laura Haddock
    Britt Robertson
    Alona Tal
    Claire Holt
    Caity Lotz (Yes, even though she was on Arrow, if Chris Evans can play two superheroes then so can Caity Lotz)
    Yvonne Strahovski /Katee Sackhoff (If CBS wanted to cast an older actress, although I'd prefer Sackoff (or Emily Blunt) as Captain Marvel)
    Natalie Dormer
    I agree with the Caity Lotz theory the actress definitely has time Arrow will bring her back here and there. Not only Chris Evans, but Brandon Routh and Justin Hartley have done two superheros each why can we not have a superheroine too. Caity does mostly her own stunts too and if they want to have the success they had with Arrow and The Flash it would be a smart move. So why not go for it.
    former Terrifan2

Hmmm ... Caity Lotz as Kara Zor-El?

DOB: 12/30/86 (currently age 27)
    Height: 5'6"

Yeah ... I can definitely see Caity as Kara!

Ultimate Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=111819

Wouldn't be a bad choice if true.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm kind of hoping it IS true.

She's a great actress, and she's definitely got the looks.

I think she'd be a great choice.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLantern32 View Post
    I agree with the Caity Lotz theory the actress definitely has time Arrow will bring her back here and there. Not only Chris Evans, but Brandon Routh and Justin Hartley have done two superheros each why can we not have a superheroine too. Caity does mostly her own stunts too and if they want to have the success they had with Arrow and The Flash it would be a smart move. So why not go for it.
    Yeah, but none of those guys did their two super heroes quite this close together. And the Hartley Aquaman pilot was never officially aired, so very few people ever saw it.

I don't dislike Lotz but I just think it would be weird seeing her as Supergirl after seeing her as Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Claire Holt?

DOB: 06/11/88 (currently age 26)
    Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I'm on board. She looks like she has the Right Stuff.

Also, I'm now hoping that CBS's upcoming SUPERGIRL show has nothing to do with the CW's ARROW and THE FLASH shows (even though I watch and love both shows).

BANNED

Well if nothing else the casting thread(s) for this show will be fun to look at...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Claire Holt?

DOB: 06/11/88 (currently age 26)
    Height: 5'7"

Yeah, I'm on board. She looks like she has the Right Stuff.

Also, I'm now hoping that CBS's upcoming SUPERGIRL show has nothing to do with the CW's ARROW and THE FLASH shows (even though I watch and love both shows).
    I would assume so, kinda hard to keep everything connected across different networks. I am interested to see how Supergirl explains Supes and not a fan of Jimmy Olsen as an Alpha Male (lol never thought I type that). She looks the part though and seems like a good actress.

Checking out the potential supporting cast of SUPERGIRL for a moment.

Already went into the James Olsen character (30-something, cocky alpha male of open ethnicity).

Now for the Alexandra Danvers character.

"The other lead role currently being cast is that of 26-year-old Alexandra “Alex” Danvers, Kara’s gorgeous, brilliant, science-minded foster sister. Growing up, Alex was partly jealous of her sibling yet also fascinated by her abilities, prompting Alex to learn as much as she could about alien anthropology, sociology and culture. Today, Alex works for a secret government organization and, alongside her heroic sis, will face many challenges, both mundane and super."

Two thoughts:

One, Alex Danvers seems like the obvious Lex Luthor stand-in, maybe patterned somewhat after Clark and Lex's own complex relationship from SMALLVILLE. But that would a bit too on-the-nose for me.

Two, Alex Danvers may be not based on Lex Luthor at all, but instead on Alexandra Luthor from the SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE graphic novels. Y'know, the brilliant wife & partner of Lex Luthor. Not really evil, more like an antagonistic obstacle for the hero (Kara).

Incredible Member

Never seen Vampire Diaries or the Originals, so can't comment on her acting, but she certainly looks like how I would picture a "live" Kara to look. Its funny how they say Claire is one of the actresses the producers are auditioning, but she's the only one mentined. Guess it sucks to be one of those young ladies. All their hard work and no mention of their name. Love Hollywood!

Incredible Member

I wish they would toss is Stephanie Brown as her gal pal

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    I wish they would toss is Stephanie Brown as her gal pal
    [rant]I sincerely hope never to see a single Batverse character in this SUPERGIRL show.

Whenever Superverse and Batverse characters interacted in the last quarter-century, it seems the Superverse character always gets dumbed down and depowered to justify the Batverse character as an "equal". People eat it up because of the supposed David vs Goliath presentation of the interaction. It's happened with Clark and Bruce, pretty sure it's happened with Connor and Tim ... there's no reason to believe it wouldn't play out the exact same way if Kara interacted with any Batgirl (Babs/Cass/Stephanie/etc). The Superverse in general stands to gain nothing from interacting with the Batverse these days, other than end results akin to "See, those non-humans ain't so tough! We humans are wayyyy better than those fools!"

Pass on anyone and anything from the Batverse coming into SUPERGIRL to make her look incompetent or easily manipulable. See the recent FLASH vs ARROW crossover episode on TV: Oliver should have had multiple broken bones in his body after Barry went all ape-sh#t on him at superspeed, but nope, he's fine, because Barry has no idea how to fight, apparently. Ugh. Non-humans: so dumb; humans: so smart. [/rant]

I do hope that the show mines as much of the Superverse as possible. Do you think they'll bring in any version of Comet? Humanoid boyfriend and/or equine pet version?

Annnyhoo ...

It didn't take long for fan-made photo-manips of Claire Holt as Kara to start springing up:

by thfc4me

From the chest up and waist down, that's pretty much how I could see a live-action Supergirl ... but not the in-between area. I sincerely hope Kara's costume contains no belly-shirt.

From the chest up and waist down, that's pretty much how I could see a live-action Supergirl ... but not the in-between area. I sincerely hope Kara's costume contains no belly-shirt.
    I don't know what Atwood's design is likely to be like, but it can't be a bad thing to have a Supergirl costume designed by an actual designer (and a woman) for once. Somehow I feel the idea of putting a belly shirt on a woman in her mid 20s wouldn't get very far.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Annnyhoo ...

It didn't take long for fan-made photo-manips of Claire Holt as Kara to start springing up:

by thfc4me

I doubt they will use that costume if they want to attract women to the show (which happen to be a far greater percentage of the viewing audience than is the case regarding female comic book readers).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Number 3 for me; Supergirl is my number one comic character.

As for casting: Jimmy Olsen will be a black established actor; Cat Grant will be Hispanic or Asian newcomer; Schott will probably be a little older; Henshaw will be a name and Alex Danvers will be a brand new actress (white/Jewish). This is how Hollywood does all of its casting nowadays, to make sure no one is forgotten.

You can reverse the Cat/Jimmy ethnicities if you like, as long as both groups are covered, it works either way.