Page 10 of 159 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I am less interested in the story behind the show (though it is important) than I am in the cast they decide on. A good cast can build a great story but a good story cant save a bad cast. Its very important that they get the right people for the main cast.
    Very true. TV is very character driven, Greg Berlanti's casting people have done a great job choosing the casts for Arrow and Flash, let's hope they can do it again, because if the cast isn't any god and we don't care for the characters the show will be doomed, because no one will watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    Very true. TV is very character driven, Greg Berlanti's casting people have done a great job choosing the casts for Arrow and Flash, let's hope they can do it again, because if the cast isn't any god and we don't care for the characters the show will be doomed, because no one will watch it.
    exactly. Its very important to get the right girl to play Kara. I like Atkinson better than Holt so far. But I am very interested in the role of her "Cousin" does anyone else see her eventually becoming Powergirl?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Atkinson has been cast in the British soap Emmerdale, which rules her out.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...p0HjPUhhD1t4qo

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Atkinson has been cast in the British soap Emmerdale, which rules her out.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...p0HjPUhhD1t4qo
    Wow. I've seen multiple sites confirming the same thing with direct quotes from Gemma Atkinson herself.

Dang. For what it's worth, I think Gemma would have been a great "PowerGal-ized" Kara on tv. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

I think the next Supergirl candidate to gain any traction will probably be the one.

Especially if they're aiming to start shooting the pilot episode next month, then there will most likely be official casting announcements in the next two weeks or so.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 01-07-2015 at 09:29 AM.

Well I wonder who they will go with next... They really do need to get a cast finalized if they are going to premiere in the fall.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)

The other names that have been involved for the role but I dont think any auditions have been done are Amber Heard and Ashley Benson. I wish they would just bring back Laura Vandervoort. she was great.

Amber Heard (28)

amber-heard.jpg

Ashley Benson (25)

ashley-benson.jpg
    Pull List:

Amber Heard would be great, but I heard (see what I did there?) that her plate is full this year with too many commitments to new projects to take on SUPERGIRL.

Here's someone I hadn't known about:

Brittany Snow

DOB: 9th March 1986, currently 28 years old
    Height: 5'4"
    Most famous role: Chloe, form the movie PITCH PERFECT and the upcoming PITCH PERFECT 2.

No idea if she's auditioning or if she even has any interest in the role, but she could fit the bill as Kara quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Amber Heard would be great, but I heard (see what I did there?) that her plate is full this year with too many commitments to new projects to take on SUPERGIRL.

Here's someone I hadn't known about:

Brittany Snow

DOB: 9th March 1986, currently 28 years old
    Height: 5'4"
    Most famous role: Chloe, form the movie PITCH PERFECT and the upcoming PITCH PERFECT 2.

No idea if she's auditioning or if she even has any interest in the role, but she could fit the bill as Kara quite nicely.
    she would be good but PERSONALLY I dont think she would be interested. Moving to TV even to play a great role like Kara would be a step down for her since she is already slated for 2 films in 2015 and 1 at a later date.
    Pull List:

Incredible Member

I believe that they film in Feb. so they need to get moving on the cast if they want to do the pilot.

Seems like someone else is asking the same questions posted here regarding a certain someone's more famous cousin* appearing on this upcoming show.

Here my own take on this potential situation: CBS wanted in on the exploding superhero game (let's face it, in terms of mass market appeal, this right here is the Golden Age of Super-Heroes Onscreen), Greg Berlanti wanted to do a Supergirl tv show. CBS wanted no part of a universe shared with another network, Berlanti did. I think a compromise was reached: SUPERGIRL will be able to do/partake in crossover episodes with ARROW and THE FLASH, but they won't be on the same world, and be more like parallel universes.

Earth-CBS (SUPERGIRL) will be separate from Earth-CW (ARROW/FLASH), which is still separate from Earth-Syfy (KRYPTON) and Earth-DCCU (the shared movie universe from MAN OF STEEL and BATMAN V SUPERMAN), which is still separate from Earth-NBC (CONSTANTINE).

With regard to a new tv Superman, I see no reason why they would be prevented to doing so, due to the fact that a) Civilian TV versions of superheroes can coexist with their Costumed movie versions (see GOTHAM and BATMAN V SUPERMAN for Bruce and Alfred) at the same time and b) they're already going to do dual costumed versions of the Flash (one on Earth-CW and one on Earth-DCCU) at the same time.

If CBS wants their own Superman available for their show, they'll get it.

* - should link to http://www.fansshare.com/news/new-su...irl-tv-series/
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 01-08-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Seems like someone else is asking the same questions posted here regarding a certain someone's more famous cousin* appearing on this upcoming show.

Here my own take on this potential situation: CBS wanted in on the exploding superhero game (let's face it, in terms of mass market appeal, this right here is the Golden Age of Super-Heroes Onscreen), Greg Berlanti wanted to do a Supergirl tv show. CBS wanted no part of a universe shared with another network, Berlanti did. I think a compromise was reached: SUPERGIRL will be able to do/partake in crossover episodes with ARROW and THE FLASH, but they won't be on the same world, and be more like parallel universes.

Earth-CBS (SUPERGIRL) will be separate from Earth-CW (ARROW/FLASH), which is still separate from Earth-Syfy (KRYPTON) and Earth-DCCU (the shared movie universe from MAN OF STEEL and BATMAN V SUPERMAN), which is still separate from Earth-NBC (CONSTANTINE).

With regard to a new tv Superman, I see no reason why they would be prevented to doing so, due to the fact that a) Civilian TV versions of superheroes can coexist with their Costumed movie versions (see GOTHAM and BATMAN V SUPERMAN for Bruce and Alfred) at the same time and b) they're already going to do dual costumed versions of the Flash (one on Earth-CW and one on Earth-DCCU) at the same time.

If CBS wants their own Superman available for their show, they'll get it.

* - should like to http://www.fansshare.com/news/new-su...irl-tv-series/
    I love how you named the different earths with their network names. I disagree with you in your thinking that Supergirl and Flash and Arrow are different worlds. I think they are the same earth but just different cities just like flash and arrow. I would call it EARTH-CBSTW (CBS and Time Warner affiliated networks include CBS, CW, TNT) and this EARTH would be the home of Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Titans.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I love how you named the different earths with their network names. I disagree with you in your thinking that Supergirl and Flash and Arrow are different worlds. I think they are the same earth but just different cities just like flash and arrow. I would call it EARTH-CBSTW (CBS and Time Warner affiliated networks include CBS, CW, TNT) and this EARTH would be the home of Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Titans.
    Titan cannot be in the same universe as the CW since the production company behind Titan is completely different from the production company behind Arrow/Flash. Greg Berlanti is not producing Titan. For Supergirl lest wait and see. But if the shooting locations are not in Vancouver (Arrow and Flash shooting locations are in Vancouver), I tell you right now this show won't be part of the CW universe as well.

So I agree with daBronzeBomma. The multiverse theory applies even on TV. Geoff Johns himself came out with this theory recently.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 01-08-2015 at 03:28 PM.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...13333#comments

Looks like Greg Berlanti is in-fact going to be making the Supergirl series in the same continuity as Arrow/Flash if this article and his interview linked is any indication which means the CWerse has its own Wonder Woman figure! Not surprising really since CBS and Time Warner both own the CW. Now I just hope the Titans TNT series gets connected some how as that channel is also directly own by Time Warner. I mean who doesn't want to see Manu Bennett Slade fight Nightwing?

Double post.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 01-08-2015 at 06:32 PM.

As expected for Titans since a different production company is involved.
    However, that particular adaptation is being shepherded by someone other than Berlanti so the odds of it crossing over with Greg's trio are not as likely.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=113333