Page 105 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2366

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I'm not saying every version should be moving planets I'm not even saying they should be moving planets. I'm just saying that I'd like them to be a bit stronger. As in able to save a huge spaceship on their own. And not losing their powers almost in every episode.

Actually it was the case in almost every incarnation of the super myth. Kryptonians taking over the world and only Superman (girl) been able to stop them. Kryptonite was a rarity but in this show even my grandma has it.
    They don't lose their powers almost ever episode either. Seriously, I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened.

Yeah, kryptonite was so rare in the Superman mythos that it could just pop up at random and even regular thugs would have it. That's not even getting into red sun radiation and magic which have been established as being able to hurt kryptonians.

Kryptonians being indestructible powerhouses is more of a misconception than anything and doesn't hold water when you actually read the books or even look at other adaptations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    IE exactly how powerful are Livewire's lightning blasts...
    Powerful enough to hurt Superman in the comics and the old animated series. She's a bit more potent than a human tazer.

BANNED

I'm not saying every version should be moving planets I'm not even saying they should be moving planets. I'm just saying that I'd like them to be a bit stronger. As in able to save a huge spaceship on their own.
    Why?
    And not losing their powers almost in every episode.
    Oh my god. It's almost like a silver age Superman comic! And she's lost them just twice, I think, first after the Red Tornado fight (the only time she lost them for real), and the other time was silver age red sunlight.

Actually it was the case in almost every incarnation of the super myth. Kryptonians taking over the world and only Superman (girl) been able to stop them. Kryptonite was a rarity but in this show even my grandma has it.
    The DEO and the Phantom Zone Kryptonians had some. That's it.
    Now Superman is the only one that has Kryptonite. No even the Luthors have it.

BANNED

The show has problems,but it's ALL the writing,its horrible.the suits,the CGI,the actors are all just fine,its the crap that they have to say and do that is bad.

The show is the best pure over the top comic show imo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Why?
    Oh my god. It's almost like a silver age Superman comic! And she's lost them just twice, I think, first after the Red Tornado fight (the only time she lost them for real), and the other time was silver age red sunlight.

The DEO and the Phantom Zone Kryptonians had some. That's it.
    Now Superman is the only one that has Kryptonite. No even the Luthors have it.
    Yeah I had forgot J'onn gave him all the Kryptonite.

The losing their powers in almost every episode was hyperbole but I just don't like it. It's annoying how they seem unable to create drama or character progression without depowering the Super characters. I don't like Supergirl as member of a government organization (The DEO). She should be working on her own with Winn as her scientist friend/assistant. Alex and J'onn should be an FBI agents or something like that. CADMUS and The DEO should be one and the same. A sort of secret quasi-evil organization which sometimes helps sometimes brings trouble for Supergirl.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    The show has problems,but it's ALL the writing,its horrible.the suits,the CGI,the actors are all just fine,its the crap that they have to say and do that is bad.

The show is the best pure over the top comic show imo though.
    I agree on the writing but there's something off putting about every scene is which Alex and the DEO arrive to some place with their silly outfits and guns. She and J'onn should be the Dana Scully and Fox Mulder of the show (X-Files season 1) Instead of tactical gear they should be wearing suits and trench coats. The DEO should be the bad guys/antagonists shrouded in shadows and secrets.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.

Astonishing Member

Powerful enough to hurt Superman in the comics and the old animated series. She's a bit more potent than a human tazer.
    Oh I know her comic self and all/cartoon, it's just odd because her powers bring up a plot hole essentially.

Livewire could hurt Barry and Kara for what seemed the same rough amount. Which means Kara was weak enough to be hurt by relatively normal lightning (what Livewire's episodes seemed to imply given Barry didn't die). So something like Barry's bolt attack should still hurt Kara or at least blow her back a bit instead of not hurting her at all (it has been used to kill metas last I remember in the Flash so it's not exactly a taser itself).

It seems like the casual power randomness a lot of shows do, just odd to see and something as soemone who watches Supergirl that made me go "What?".

I agree on the writing but there's something off putting about every scene is which Alex and the DEO arrive to some place with their silly outfits and guns. She and J'onn should be the Dana Scully and Fox Mulder of the show (X-Files season 1) Instead of tactical gear they should be wearing suits and trench coats. The DEO should be the bad guys/antagonists shrouded in shadows and secrets.
    You're complaining about silly in a superhero show?

And no there is nothing about the DEO that is inherently evil. Superhero stories just have this habit of demonising institutions put in place to actually protect people while aggrandising vigilantes.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And no there is nothing about the DEO that is inherently evil. Superhero stories just have this habit of demonising institutions put in place to actually protect people while aggrandising vigilantes.
    That's my complain that they aren't evil or more antagonistic and mysterious.

That's my complain that they aren't evil or more antagonistic and mysterious.
    Nor do they have to be. Anymore than Superman or Supergirl have to be invaders hell bent on endlaving humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Nor do they have to be. Anymore than Superman or Supergirl have to be invaders hell bent on endlaving humans.
    I like the trope of governments and/or politicians and the military as bad guys. It adds to the mystique of the hero.

BANNED

Yeah I had forgot J'onn gave him all the Kryptonite.

The losing their powers in almost every episode was hyperbole but I just don't like it. It's annoying how they seem unable to create drama or character progression without depowering the Super characters. I don't like Supergirl as member of a government organization (The DEO). She should be working on her own with Winn as her scientist friend/assistant. Alex and J'onn should be an FBI agents or something like that. CADMUS and The DEO should be one and the same. A sort of secret quasi-evil organization which sometimes helps sometimes brings trouble for Supergirl.
    Kryptonians lose their powers all the time in the comics (yes, hyperbole, but it feels like it does happen at least onece a year or so.
    It's been twice in two years now on the show.

Both times in a way Superman has lost his powers in the comics.

The comicbook DEO I remember (the version Cameron Chase was part of) was not evil or quasi-evil, not sure about how secret they were. It was run by a genuinely reformed supervillain: Mr. Bones.

I like the trope of governments and/or politicians and the military as bad guys. It adds to the mystique of the hero.
    So basically Supergirl is ignoring the cliche of just about every other superhero show in the past where the government is the bad guys and the hero works outside the law,
    often regarded by the authorities as a villain. And it would be better if it were just like every other show instead of something a little more original?

Astonishing Member

Kryptonians lose their powers all the time in the comics (yes, hyperbole, but it feels like it does happen at least onece a year or so.
    It's been twice in two years now on the show.
    Even on TV in Smallville Clark would lose his powers once a season, usually due to Kryptonite, lightning, Kryptonian interference or a combination of some of these factors. On the Flash Barry has lost his powers and moped about it twice, and and we're only halfway through season three so I'm fully expecting it to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So basically Supergirl is ignoring the cliche of just about every other superhero show in the past where the government is the bad guys and the hero works outside the law,
    often regarded by the authorities as a villain. And it would be better if it were just like every other show instead of something a little more original?
    Supergirl shouldn't be acting outside the law. She just shouldn't work for any organization. She should be a free agent.