Page 11 of 158 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

We should let the producers cast the show first, before wondering If Supergirl can appear with the Flash and Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...13333#comments

Looks like Greg Berlanti is in-fact going to be making the Supergirl series in the same continuity as Arrow/Flash if this article and his interview linked is any indication which means the CWerse has its own Wonder Woman figure! Not surprising really since CBS and Time Warner both own the CW. Now I just hope the Titans TNT series gets connected some how as that channel is also directly own by Time Warner. I mean who doesn't want to see Manu Bennett Slade fight Nightwing?

I clicked on your link and read the article. It doesn't have any new information that hasn't already been discussed here. There is no mention of the same continuity nor of being set on the same world. All that is mentioned (and not actually confirmed by Greg Berlanti himself), is that a crossover episode between SUPERGIRL and ARROW/FLASH could be possible. And there is no working interview link on that site.

I think the TNT show TITANS will not be directly connected to the CBS show SUPERGIRL nor to the CW's ARROW or THE FLASH.

I think DC is going the exact opposite route of Marvel with regard to their onscreen properties: Marvel may have one unified Marvel Onscreen Universe (MOU), but DC is building its own DC Onscreen Multiverse (DCOM), with different Earths for different tv channels (and one for the feature films)

Earth-CW: ARROW and THE FLASH (active)
    Earth-DCCU: MAN OF STEEL and the other upcoming DCCU movies (forthcoming)
    Earth-Fox: GOTHAM (active)
    Earth-NBC: CONSTANTINE (active)
    Earth-Syfy: KRYPTON (forthcoming)
    Earth-TNT: TITANS (forthcoming)
    Earth-CBS: SUPERGIRL (forthcoming)

So far, by my count, the DCOM* has at least 7 separate universes with seven separate Earths. Crossovers between universes seem unlikely, except occasionally between Earth-CW and Earth-CBS.

* - The DCOM would not include the comic-book-based properties that have no direct affiliation with the DCU superheroes (i.e. SANDMAN film, I ZOMBIE tv show, etc).

Question: Do you think we will get to see her bickering parents Zor-El and Alura on the SUPERGIRL tv show, or are they likely reserved for SyFy's KRYPTON tv show?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I clicked on your link and read the article. It doesn't have any new information that hasn't already been discussed here. There is no mention of the same continuity nor of being set on the same world. All that is mentioned (and not actually confirmed by Greg Berlanti himself), is that a crossover episode between SUPERGIRL and ARROW/FLASH could be possible. And there is no working interview link on that site.

I think the TNT show TITANS will not be directly connected to the CBS show SUPERGIRL nor to the CW's ARROW or THE FLASH.

I think DC is going the exact opposite route of Marvel with regard to their onscreen properties: Marvel may have one unified Marvel Onscreen Universe (MOU), but DC is building its own DC Onscreen Multiverse (DCOM), with different Earths for different tv channels (and one for the feature films)

Earth-CW: ARROW and THE FLASH (active)
    Earth-DCCU: MAN OF STEEL and the other upcoming DCCU movies (forthcoming)
    Earth-Fox: GOTHAM (active)
    Earth-NBC: CONSTANTINE (active)
    Earth-Syfy: KRYPTON (forthcoming)
    Earth-TNT: TITANS (forthcoming)
    Earth-CBS: SUPERGIRL (forthcoming)

So far, by my count, the DCOM* has at least 7 separate universes with seven separate Earths. Crossovers between universes seem unlikely, except occasionally between Earth-CW and Earth-CBS.

* - The DCOM would not include the comic-book-based properties that have no direct affiliation with the DCU superheroes (i.e. SANDMAN film, I ZOMBIE tv show, etc).

Question: Do you think we will get to see her bickering parents Zor-El and Alura on the SUPERGIRL tv show, or are they likely reserved for SyFy's KRYPTON tv show?
    We are gonna argue about this forever I am afraid but its kind of fun I think. I agree with you in terms of Gotham being seperate, Constantine being seperate, Krypton is a completely different timeline, BUT I AM FIRM IN MY THINKING that SUPERGIRL, ARROW, and FLASH are 100% FOR SURE going to be in the same continuity. I find it hard to believe that all 3 shows are produced by the same people and not going to be in the same continuity. You will never convince me otherwise unless Greg Berlanti says so himself. But atleast we know 1 thing for sure Bronze Bomma... 1 of us is going to be right and its gonna be a fun ride to see who it is. Cheers.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    We are gonna argue about this forever I am afraid but its kind of fun I think. I agree with you in terms of Gotham being seperate, Constantine being seperate, Krypton is a completely different timeline, BUT I AM FIRM IN MY THINKING that SUPERGIRL, ARROW, and FLASH are 100% FOR SURE going to be in the same continuity. I find it hard to believe that all 3 shows are produced by the same people and not going to be in the same continuity. You will never convince me otherwise unless Greg Berlanti says so himself. But atleast we know 1 thing for sure Bronze Bomma... 1 of us is going to be right and its gonna be a fun ride to see who it is. Cheers.
    Well, I don't know about "forever". We'll probably just stick to our guns until an official, confirm-able announcement that states one way or the other what the continuity deal is with SUPERGIRL. And yes, I have found this exchange to be entertaining as well, Mike. Tell you what, want to make a friendly wager on this?

If it finally turns out that your take on this aspect is the correct one (SUPERGIRL IS set on the same world as ARROW and FLASH), I'll change my avatar/pics on this site from its current forms (DC's Infinite Man) to that of Supergirl interacting with Green Arrow and/or Flash.

If it finally turns out that my take on this aspect is the correct one (SUPERGIRL is NOT set on the same world as ARROW and FLASH), you'll change your avatar/pics on this site to that of Supergirl alone (or Supergirl with Clark Kent or any other confirmed potential character on her show).

Deal?

Actually, I think I'll hold up my end of this wager regardless. Won't know the outcome for many months, I imagine, so I'm going to shelve this particular topic until we see/hear some news.

In the interim, let's talk about something else ... Supergirl: Pants! Yay or Nay?

I'm open to the idea of CBS's live-action Supergirl wearing pants as part of her regular uniform/costume.

This look isn't half-bad, actually. Probably need some tweeking for live-action.

Well, I don't know about "forever". We'll probably just stick to our guns until an official, confirm-able announcement that states one way or the other what the continuity deal is with SUPERGIRL. And yes, I have found this exchange to be entertaining as well, Mike. Tell you what, want to make a friendly wager on this?

If it finally turns out that your take on this aspect is the correct one (SUPERGIRL IS set on the same world as ARROW and FLASH), I'll change my avatar/pics on this site from its current forms (DC's Infinite Man) to that of Supergirl interacting with Green Arrow and/or Flash.

If it finally turns out that my take on this aspect is the correct one (SUPERGIRL is NOT set on the same world as ARROW and FLASH), you'll change your avatar/pics on this site to that of Supergirl alone (or Supergirl with Clark Kent or any other confirmed potential character on her show).

Deal?

Actually, I think I'll hold up my end of this wager regardless. Won't know the outcome for many months, I imagine, so I'm going to shelve this particular topic until we see/hear some news.

In the interim, let's talk about something else ... Supergirl: Pants! Yay or Nay?

I'm open to the idea of CBS's live-action Supergirl wearing pants as part of her regular uniform/costume.

This look isn't half-bad, actually. Probably need some tweeking for live-action.
    For how long are we changing out avatar for? and I am firm against the pants look but I wont be mad if thats the route they go for the show becuase it would probably ruffle less feathers. Here is an example of what I would like. Very classic skirt look. But for sure No mid-drift like in smallville. Makes her look too much like a teenager.

latest.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    For how long are we changing out avatar for?
    Let's say ... a month? 30 days straight from the day of official confirmation announcement.

and I am firm against the pants look but I wont be mad if thats the route they go for the show becuase it would probably ruffle less feathers.
    I wouldn't mind if they went more classic either for the show. Loved Helen Slater's look from the 1984 SUPERGIRL movie (she was the only part of the movie that was watchable, IMHO):

Let's say ... a month? 30 days straight from the day of official confirmation announcement.

I wouldn't mind if they went more classic either for the show. Loved Helen Slater's look from the 1984 SUPERGIRL movie (she was the only part of the movie that was watchable, IMHO):

I will agree to the terms of the deal. I also wouldnt mind the pants look either but I ABSOLUTELY AM AGAINST THE SHORTS. NO SHORTS
    Pull List:

I'd like skirt over trousers, like Alura had. You keep the classic silhouette, colour balance and femininity without risk of panty shots.

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    I'd like skirt over trousers, like Alura had. You keep the classic silhouette, colour balance and femininity without risk of panty shots.

I dont really like the 'Tunic' look or the white. Its too 'Knights of the Round Table' for me. HERE YEE HERE YEE SUPERGIRL IS HERETH TO SAVE THE DAY...ETH!!! I think the look from the movie is classic and timeless but if they decide to go with pants then I think it should be a more modern darker blue like Superman's from Man of Steel.
    Pull List:

Hmm...on the one hand, the classic skirt-look is iconic, but might not translate well to live-action or at least might garner some eyebrows...I might be able to live with a bodysuit type costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...on the one hand, the classic skirt-look is iconic, but might not translate well to live-action or at least might garner some eyebrows...I might be able to live with a bodysuit type costume.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. the skirt would be a little much for live action.
    Pull List:

Incredible Member

I like the look of the super dress/uniform the young lady was wearing In Mike's post. And who is the model? She's very pretty.

by Magikmarker16

Out of these 8 costume redesigns by Magicmarker16, I like #4 and #5, and I really like #6, but #8 is my favorite. That gold interior of the cape really makes the whole look "pop" on her. Yeah, it's a little "Tim Drake Robin-esque", but I don't care. Hope they consider something like #8 (or at least #6) for the tv show.

Interview with Greg Berlanti on Supergirl

Question: Anything you can say about Supergirl and what the tone of that show is and also if we’re going to hear about casting soon?

Greg Berlanti: I hope you’re going to hear about casting soon or we’re not going to be able to make the pilot! I would say, tonally closer to Flash than Arrow. That’s probably the best way to say it.

Question: Do you mean it'll be more romantic?

Berlanti: Well the nature of the character is a bit, and who we have in her life and who we’re surrounding her with. Also, tonally, I thought of those kind of characters as [strongly] DC Universe and I’m sure Geoff [Johns] would agree. And they both died in Crisis of Infinite Earths! So they’re similar.

Question: Is there crossover potential for Supergirl with Arrow or The Flash?

Berlanti: So much has to go right for us to be able to make a great show. Again, I think of myself as like if I were watching them, I would want to see that. But we have to get so many things right to make a good show and so much of it is luck, unfortunately.

Question: People have been clamoring to see a female superhero have her own project. Can you talk about how you’re approaching the idea of a female in the superhero world?

Berlanti: That was really important to all of us when we set out on working on it and it was really important to DC and it was really important to the women I’m working on the show with and the women that work in the studio and the women that work at the network. In a lot of ways, I’m surrounded by more women on the project that could answer that question better.

Question: Are you looking at things like what didn’t work in the Wonder Woman pilot?

Berlanti: I think it’s more, for us, always more learning from our own mistakes and our own successes. So a show like Arrow and Flash, without stuff I learned on Eli Stone and No Ordinary Family probably wouldn’t exist in terms of visual effects or stunts or things like that. And storywise, what we learn on these shows, a thing that we always learn is just how important casting is. If you’re right on the money and you have the kind of actors we have on these shows, it just makes you look so much better.

Question: How’s the casting process coming? What are the challenges?

Berlanti: As with all these things, there’s only one person, right? That’s the thing. I can’t imagine someone other than a lot of our actors playing these roles so I feel like you’re always just looking for who’s that person.
    Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/...sover-question
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

"Closer to Flash than Arrow."

Sweet! Hopefully that means it'll be bright, upbeat, and fun! I've had quite enough of angst-ridden, emo Supergirl, thank you very much.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--