Page 15 of 159 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    From I have seen in the New 52, Batgirl's base of operation is a mini van with her gears, computers and motorcycle inside. Maybe they could go this route for the TV show.

Ugh. That minivan route may work for Batgirl, since she, like her mentor, is very street-level to begin with and wouldn't feel out of place.

But for Supergirl? She who, like her own mentor, can fly under her own power and safely lifts loaded trains via alien physiology? A minivan for someone like her just screams "limited TV budget!"

No, no, no: even if the Fortress of Solitude itself will somehow not be available to her (which, if Superman IS alive and well in this show's setting, it should be at least available to her on a part-time basis), there's still another option. And it's one that is miles better than a minivan.

The spaceship that brought Kara to Earth.

Typically, that spaceship is depicted as little more than a one-seat rocket. But that need not be the case for the show. It can made larger ... much larger. Like maybe the size of those Kryptonian spaceships shown in the MAN OF STEEL movie.

Barring the actual Fortress (which would be my #1 option), something like that ship would be awesome for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I'm torn, part of me wants Kara to be a part of the "CW-verse" but I can definitely see why they're likely to not go that route.

I'm not torn at all.

Personally, I am not a fan of the "Everything Must Be Officially Connected" mentality when it comes to comic book adaptations. I am fervently hoping that Earth-CBS and Earth-CW are completely separate worlds (with the possibility for a rare parallel universe crossover).

If the channels are completely separate, then SUPERGIRL can have the entire Superverse at its disposal for its stories. If the channels are officially set on the same world, then we lose way too much of the Superverse in the process.

Earth-CW already has enough heroes on that world: Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Flash, Firestorm, the Atom and soon Vixen (the third member of the CW's Heroic Trinity). That world is already pretty crowded as it is.

I'd want a blank slate for SUPERGIRL and not have to keep tabs on different shows. I'm pretty sure CBS wants that, too. I know that CBS views the CW as something separate from themselves, simply because they don't own it outright.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/melissa-...ee-1201355085/

The role of Kara has been filled.

BANNED

Melissa Benoist. funny that grant gustin also was from Glee. I think she is very good, she did well in Glee even with terrible scripts

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Looks cute!

Haven't seen anything she's been in, but I'm looking forward to seeing what she brings to the role!

Hello, Supergirl! Make us proud!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Definitely not who I was expecting but Grant Gustin was from Glee as well so I expect her to be just as good.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

and she is not blonde... makes me wonder if Kara is going to be a brunette while she is in her secret identity.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)

Ultimate Member

Steven Amell and Grant Gustin have already tweeted their congrats to her, which was nice (and fast).

I need to see her in costume, she has a very beautiful face but all judgement will be reserved until the costume is revealed. Now that we have a Supergirl casting announcement hopefully we will get a lot more and hopefully quickly. I'd love to see a teaser trailer for the show.
    Pull List:

To paraphrase the current Best Actor winner: alright, alright, alright!

Welcome aboard to the official new Supergirl, Melissa Benoist!

Let's see ...

DOB: 4th October 1988 (currently age 26)
    Height: 5'8" tall

Aside from her work on the tv show GLEE (42 episodes) and a supporting role in the Oscar-nominated movie WHIPLASH, Melissa has done mostly tv work, guest-starring in episodes of

LAW & ORDER : SVU,

THE GOOD WIFE (there's your CBS connection),

and HOMELAND.

This is the first of many casting announcements to come, probably in the next week or so. It's going to get exciting around here!

#SupergirlonCBS
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 01-22-2015 at 12:57 PM.

I look forward to seeing who they cast for the role of the cousin (idk what it is but I smell a Power girl thing in this role) and Jimmy.
    Pull List:

She looks like a great choice. She's cute and not some sex bomb or model. Which I think works perfectly for Supergirl.

Mighty Member

Never seen anything this lady has been in before. I hope they have her wear a wig or die her hair to blonde I prefer when the characters look as much like their comic book counterparts as possible. I still don't really like that the guy they casted as Eddie Thawne looks exactly like Barry Allen.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Never seen anything this lady has been in before. I hope they have her wear a wig or die her hair to blonde I prefer when the characters look as much like their comic book counterparts as possible. I still don't really like that the guy they casted as Eddie Thawne looks exactly like Barry Allen.
    I agree. Definitely needs to be blonde.
    Pull List:

I'm way more flexible on that score.

[begin rant]

Too many comic-book franchises' supporting casts are decades behind the times and feature nothing but white people in America (a country that is currently about 25% non-white ... and growing). I'm very happy with the casting they made with the CW's Iris West, even if Candice Patton looks nothing like her Caucasian comic-book counterpart. And Barry Allen shouldn't sound like Jack Bauer ... which Rick Cosnett (CW's Eddie Thawne) does. Grant Gustin works for me just fine. I hope more of the colorblind casting continues in these CBR shows and movies.

That's DC (and Marvel)'s fault for whitewashing too many of their main and supporting characters for way too many years.

And comic book readers (as opposed to fans of a multimedia character) don't matter nearly as much to Hollywood as they think. Nor should they, IMHO.

[/rant]

Back to the new Supergirl:

I think they nailed it. Melissa is beautiful, but not in an intimidating, statuesque supermodel kinda way (i.e. Wonder Woman), but definitely has a very appealing girl-next-door vibe ... which is exactly how Kara should come off.

That said, if Kara isn't sporting blonde hair (via a really convincing wig or dye-job), SUPERGIRL will be taking extra risks since Kara, who will be the main character here, has never had anything but blonde hair in any medium that I'm aware.

Personally, I wouldn't care if her hair was bright blue, but I admit it might be too much a leap for a character still without a solid solo track record under her belt.

Check out Melissa's twitter page. Melissa seems pretty excited!
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 01-22-2015 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

That's is really ironic that he looks so much like the comic barry allen and he has connections to the reverse Flash. Not even in the movie he will look like the Flash on comics

melissa dyed her hair, so at least on that they are covered. I think she will look like supergirl