Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158
Results 2,356 to 2,360 of 2360
    Amazing Member

Capt. Marvel with a cape.

Sad to see the skirt go. Every live action Superhero wears pants these days. The skirt put the girl in Super Girl. Now Kara just looks like every other superhero, nothing unique about her.

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

Here's a better look at the suit. Apparently they took the one thing everybody hated about the Superman suit and attached it to hers. The cape clips.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-new-su...eason-5-photo/
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Sad to see the skirt go. Every live action Superhero wears pants these days. The skirt put the girl in Super Girl. Now Kara just looks like every other superhero, nothing unique about her.
    Well, she's a direct derivative character.

There never WAS anything unique about her.

All her powers, origin, enemies, friends and stories were all derived from a better character. So this new look is appropriate.

In other news, Mehcad Brooks is leaving the show sometime during Season 5.

So long, "James". You were never Jimmy. You could have been John Henry. The show was weirdly scared of Blondie Kara actually getting it on with Black Jimmy after Season 1. Don't tell me it was just a non-chemistry issue. I never cared for the character (PC pandering at its worst, only there for the name recognition), but the actor deserved better than what he got with the following 3 seasons of incompetence.

Sincerely hoping Melissa Benoist goes for movies full-time after this season. Getting too old to still be called SuperGIRL.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I didn't notice that the first time around. Has a very Injustice/Captain Marvel look to it. I wonder if that was deliberate.
    I wonder if Melissa requested that, actually. Looking at behind the scenes photos, every time she's not filming a scene, she takes the cape off. I bet the original cape was a literal pain in the neck, so she took the opportunity of the suit redesign to get rid of it.