Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158
Results 2,356 to 2,368 of 2368
    Amazing Member

Capt. Marvel with a cape.

Sad to see the skirt go. Every live action Superhero wears pants these days. The skirt put the girl in Super Girl. Now Kara just looks like every other superhero, nothing unique about her.

Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar

Here's a better look at the suit. Apparently they took the one thing everybody hated about the Superman suit and attached it to hers. The cape clips.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-new-su...eason-5-photo/
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Sad to see the skirt go. Every live action Superhero wears pants these days. The skirt put the girl in Super Girl. Now Kara just looks like every other superhero, nothing unique about her.
    Well, she's a direct derivative character.

There never WAS anything unique about her.

All her powers, origin, enemies, friends and stories were all derived from a better character. So this new look is appropriate.

In other news, Mehcad Brooks is leaving the show sometime during Season 5.

So long, "James". You were never Jimmy. You could have been John Henry. The show was weirdly scared of Blondie Kara actually getting it on with Black Jimmy after Season 1. Don't tell me it was just a non-chemistry issue. I never cared for the character (PC pandering at its worst, only there for the name recognition), but the actor deserved better than what he got with the following 3 seasons of incompetence.

Sincerely hoping Melissa Benoist goes for movies full-time after this season. Getting too old to still be called SuperGIRL.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I didn't notice that the first time around. Has a very Injustice/Captain Marvel look to it. I wonder if that was deliberate.
    I wonder if Melissa requested that, actually. Looking at behind the scenes photos, every time she's not filming a scene, she takes the cape off. I bet the original cape was a literal pain in the neck, so she took the opportunity of the suit redesign to get rid of it.

Mighty Member

Lena has finally become a Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder if Melissa requested that, actually. Looking at behind the scenes photos, every time she's not filming a scene, she takes the cape off. I bet the original cape was a literal pain in the neck, so she took the opportunity of the suit redesign to get rid of it.
    When you look at historic pics of people in capes they tend to wear them batman-style with the cape covering half the front of the body.

I've actually tinkered with this by wearing a rain poncho. It gets annoying fast. IRL capes were basically an overcoat mainly worn in inclement weather. They were originally not a fashion statement.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Well, she's a direct derivative character.

There never WAS anything unique about her.

Her costume was, as compared to most live action superheroes. Now she just looks like that other Danvers woman.

Mighty Member

Nice to see the White Martians again.

I mentioned this on the TV and Film forum but Lena's plan seems a lot like Astra and Non's plan in the first season. Both using technology to mind control the humans with the idea of creating a better humanity.
    Astra and Non were obviously villains so what does that make Lena? In some ways Lena is worse. When Non was controlling Winn and James and Alex, he had no personal animosity towards them. They were
    just pawns. Lena controlling Eve seems more of a personal vendetta against Eve for Eve betraying her. Otherwise why not just use some random volunteer? Lena kidnaps Eve, holds Eve prisoner, and experiments
    on Eve. When this happened to Livewire, again this was obviously a villain doing that. How has Lena not become a full on villain at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Nice to see the White Martians again.
    Yeah, it's neat since you can basically write them with any alignment you want.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, it's neat since you can basically write them with any alignment you want.
    Have White Martians appeared anywhere else live action other than Supergirl? Were any in Smallville?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Have White Martians appeared anywhere else live action other than Supergirl? Were any in Smallville?
    Not live action, but they've filled a variety of roles in the comics and animated media.