Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159
Results 2,371 to 2,384 of 2384
    Mighty Member

Ma'alefa'ak's a great villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Sad to see the skirt go. Every live action Superhero wears pants these days. The skirt put the girl in Super Girl. Now Kara just looks like every other superhero, nothing unique about her.
    I agree, especially because there's nothing really feminine about the new suit. Superman could wear it and get away with it. So it makes her seem not only derivative but pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I agree, especially because there's nothing really feminine about the new suit. Superman could wear it and get away with it. So it makes her seem not only derivative but pretty pointless.
    Plus now Kara Danvers just sort of looks like Carol Danvers with a cape.

Sad to see the skirt go. Every live action Superhero wears pants these days. The skirt put the girl in Super Girl. Now Kara just looks like every other superhero, nothing unique about her.

Wonder Woman still wears a skirt last I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    That's the same thing I say about Superman's trunks. Detractors say the trunks should go because no other character wears them now. Why should any superhero change to match how every other superhero looks?
    Matching other superheroes' looks had nothing to do with it. The actress was simply tired of freezing her legs off.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Matching other superheroes' looks had nothing to do with it. The actress was simply tired of freezing her legs off.
    Yeah the classic Supergirl outfit is great... if, like a Kryptonian, you have superhuman tolerance for cold. It's realistically not viable for anything even close to cold weather.

One of the more interesting con photos I've seen was someone who did the classic knee-high boots, short skirt and bare midriff look. But she'd wrap the cape around herself to keep warm anytime she went outside. It wasn't even cold weather, just a little chilly.

I'm all for warmth but why does it have to be so dark and dreary? With the blue background on the shield the first costume was too dark but the red skirt made it brighter, now it's like she's a different character. Admittedly the best ones show skin, but there have been great Supergirl costumes that could be adapted to fit a colder climate. Nothing about the new one says "hope".

Mighty Member

Those Obsidian contacts are really cool.

Kind of looks like Supergirl won't have much of a role in the crossover again. Don't see a lot of pictures with her in them.

Kind of looks like Supergirl won't have much of a role in the crossover again. Don't see a lot of pictures with her in them.
    Don't read into that too much. It may just mean she will feature more heavily in other shows of the crossover.

So...do the Superfamily and Iris try and get Welling but he points them in the direction of Routh's Superman?

Amazing Member

All I know about her role is that she hunts down THE Batman, along with Batwoman, throwing in that WF vibe. Which, considering he FINALLY gets to play Bruce Wayne at least in live action, should be a big enough role. But considering what this story is, SG has to have a bigger role than that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...do the Superfamily and Iris try and get Welling but he points them in the direction of Routh's Superman?
    Should be interesting to find out. Personally, I'm hoping for a bit more Welling and Routh Supes than it sounds like we're getting. I get that they want to promote the current shows characters...but there IS a lot of interest especially in Welling. So...maybe at least have him meet a few of the others...that's all he really has to do.