Page 3 of 158 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Submitting my choice for the role,

Gilland Jones, she might lack experience but she makes it up in awesomeness.

Although, i guess if Supergirl is going to be mid to late 20s... which is weird to me that she wouldn't be younger for the series.. i'd have to rethink my approach. Gilland Jones would make a great Miss Martian if not Supergirl, just sayin.

Maybe Emily Meade then...

or, Alexandra Breckenridge...
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-26-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

or, Charlotte Best... i don't know Gilland Jones was my perfect pick, i'd have to rethink the mid 20s Supergirl angle.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I guess this counts as news about SUPERGIRL on CBS ... the show may be in the same TV-universe as the CW's ARROW and THE FLASH

The CW is 50% owned by CBS and 50% owned by Warner Bros. So, it would be possible to sidestep the usual different-networks-don't-play-nice-with-each-other nonsense.

What do you think of this possibility? How does the idea of SUPERGIRL coexisting with ARROW and THE FLASH sound to you? Real good chance it won't come to pass, but if it did ...
    wow this is so awesome. I cant wait for a flash/arrow/supergirl crossover.

Ever since this got announced I'v thought Supergirl would be a great WW replacement as Flash is to Superman and Arrow to Batman. I really hope they're in the same universe.

Ultimate Member

Well the same guy (Greg Berlanti) is involved in all three shows. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    wow this is so awesome. I cant wait for a flash/arrow/supergirl crossover.
    Don't hold your breath for that. CBS filming studio is located in Los Angeles while CW filming studio is located in Vancouver. Crossovers between these networks will likely be impossible because of this very reason.

There are also other considerations. CW said so themselves they cannot use nor mention Batman and Superman cities. Since CW shows cannot use Gotham nor Metropolis I think its safe to assume Supergirl's city will indeed Metropolis. It will mean the upcoming Supergirl TV show cannot exist in the same universe as the CW shows.

We know Gotham can be mentioned on the small screen because of the Gotham TV show but the CW cannot. No one I mean NO ONE said mentioning Metropolis was impossible on the small screen. Its the CW that cannot mention it surely because Metropolis will be indeed Supergirl's city. Olsen is part of Superman supporting cast and he works for the Daily Planet in METROPOLIS. Olsen will be in the Supergirl TV show. Also Cyborg Superman is rumoured to be on the show as well.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 11-28-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I guess this counts as news about SUPERGIRL on CBS ... the show may be in the same TV-universe as the CW's ARROW and THE FLASH

The CW is 50% owned by CBS and 50% owned by Warner Bros. So, it would be possible to sidestep the usual different-networks-don't-play-nice-with-each-other nonsense.

What do you think of this possibility? How does the idea of SUPERGIRL coexisting with ARROW and THE FLASH sound to you? Real good chance it won't come to pass, but if it did ...
    We know of that but the real problem is filming locations not networks onwership. Read my post above.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    We know of that but the real problem is filming locations not networks onwership. Read my post above.
    Then why didn't Berlanti just say "the different filming locations would make it impossible"?

There are these things called "planes" and "cars" they have nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Then why didn't Berlanti just say "the different filming locations would make it impossible"?
    If you read Berlanti statement, he cleary said "maybe in the same world". He never mentioned crossovers were possibles between networks.

There are these things called "planes" and "cars" they have nowadays.
    Which implies logistic nightmare. Not only the distance between Los Angeles and Vancouver is huge but also they are not even in the same country which makes matter worst.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 11-28-2014 at 10:22 AM.

BANNED

If you read Berlanti statement, he cleary said "maybe in the same world". He never mentioned crossovers were possibles between networks.

Which implies logistic nightmare. Not only the distance between Los Angeles and Vancouver is huge but also they are not even in the same country which makes matter worst.
    FWIW, Stephen Amell lives in Los Angeles and works in Vancouver.

Also, the only people who have to travel are the actors. They don't have to bring Supergirl's cameras and lighting people to Vancouver - they can use the ones already there shooting Flash/Arrow (and vice versa).

This sounds like another one of those times not to read way too much into a single snippet from an article not even about the show in question when the whole thing is still in pre-production, yes?

I'm more interested in the fact that Colleen Atwood is designing the costumes. Based on the look of The Flash and Arrow, I reckon that's reason to be optimistic.

BANNED

Black canary costume on Arrow is the best

Ultimate Member

Don't hold your breath for that. CBS filming studio is located in Los Angeles while CW filming studio is located in Vancouver. Crossovers between these networks will likely be impossible because of this very reason.

There are also other considerations. CW said so themselves they cannot use nor mention Batman and Superman cities. Since CW shows cannot use Gotham nor Metropolis I think its safe to assume Supergirl's city will indeed Metropolis. It will mean the upcoming Supergirl TV show cannot exist in the same universe as the CW shows.

We know Gotham can be mentioned on the small screen because of the Gotham TV show but the CW cannot. No one I mean NO ONE said mentioning Metropolis was impossible on the small screen. Its the CW that cannot mention it surely because Metropolis will be indeed Supergirl's city. Olsen is part of Superman supporting cast and he works for the Daily Planet in METROPOLIS. Olsen will be in the Supergirl TV show. Also Cyborg Superman is rumoured to be on the show as well.
    Except that Arrow has name-dropped Bludhaven a bunch of times, and that's a "Bat-city."

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that Arrow has name-dropped Bludhaven a bunch of times, and that's a "Bat-city."
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/2...-or-metropolis

FWIW, Stephen Amell lives in Los Angeles and works in Vancouver.

Also, the only people who have to travel are the actors. They don't have to bring Supergirl's cameras and lighting people to Vancouver - they can use the ones already there shooting Flash/Arrow (and vice versa).
    I applaud your logic there. But there is something Amell mentioned in a few months back in an interview. He said crossovers between the DCCU and TV shows would be a logistic nightmare. If your idea is correct, why Amell mentioned this logistic problem ? As you said, just have Amell show up like that without the CW crews. So whats the big deal here ? Problems related to logistic are way more complicated than it appears. Filming schedules are tight after all. Especially regarding TV shows. The number of times I have heard the director on 24 complaining about the lack of time.