Page 4 of 159 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Except that Arrow has name-dropped Bludhaven a bunch of times, and that's a "Bat-city."
    Sorry for the caps I just did a copy/paste : ARROW AND THE FLASH CAN'T MENTION GOTHAM CITY OR METROPOLIS
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/11/2...-or-metropolis

Newbie Member

Default I vote emily kinney as the new supergirl on cbs!!!!

Since her character on walking dead is finished she gets my vote. She shows she can be compassionate and strong when need. And she has a wholesome quality that would make her perfect for the character.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batavenger View Post
    Since her character on walking dead is finished she gets my vote. She shows she can be compassionate and strong when need. And she has a wholesome quality that would make her perfect for the character.
    cool spoiler
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Newbie Member

Actually not a spoilier since it has already shown twice on AMC and was discussed on the talking dead!

I'm pretty sure there's a more than 3 hour window on spoilers...

Actually not a spoilier since it has already shown twice on AMC and was discussed on the talking dead!
    It's called "Time Zones", OP
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Newbie Member

I sincerely apologize too all the Walking dead fans,and to Dr. Cheesesteak for the blunder, no ill intended!
    I still think she has the skills to play Supergirl!!

I sincerely apologize too all the Walking dead fans,and to Dr. Cheesesteak for the blunder, no ill intended!
    I still think she has the skills to play Supergirl!!
    well, to be fair, I already knew (FB spoiled it for me -_-). I was just playing devil's advocate for those who didn't.

And I too think she'd be a good Supergirl on TV!

Interesting. I guess it helps not paying too much attention to the actors names on TWD so when I'm a few seasons behind I don't actually know who Emily Kinney is playing (and will avoid googling it now for fear of spoilers - so in other words, don't tell me who her character is) until I have reached the episode. Here are a few ideas that I came up with:

Laura Haddock
    Britt Robertson
    Alona Tal
    Claire Holt
    Caity Lotz (Yes, even though she was on Arrow, if Chris Evans can play two superheroes then so can Caity Lotz)
    Yvonne Strahovski /Katee Sackhoff (If CBS wanted to cast an older actress, although I'd prefer Sackoff (or Emily Blunt) as Captain Marvel)
    Natalie Dormer

Yeah, I'm in the UK and I'd have appreciated a spoiler warning. It doesn't air until tonight.

BANNED

Cool, you ruined the episode. Thanks.

OK, a couple things about this thread ...

1) OP, you definitely should have used the SPOIL & /SPOIL html tags in the actual content of your post. I'd be rightfully annoyed at something of that nature being spoiled if I was a devout watcher of that show.

It should have read:

"Since

spoilers:
    her character on walking dead is finished
    end of spoilers

she gets my vote. She shows she can be compassionate and strong when need. And she has a wholesome quality that would make her perfect for the character."

2) Mods, shouldn't this thread be merged with the existing SUPERGIRL on CBS thread (I'll be bringing this up there in a bit anyway)?

3) Mods, or at least moved to the Superman forums?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-01-2014 at 07:05 AM.

I doubt that SUPERGIRL will wind up being set on the same Earth (Earth-CW?) as ARROW and FLASH for a couple of reasons.

- The logistical nightmare that would ensue for any crossover episodes despite Berlanti being the showrunner for all 3 shows. CBS and the CW, while financially linked, are definitely NOT the same thing in terms of studio sets and locations.

- Even though the CW is half-owned by CBS, it's not the same thing as being completely owned by CBS. CBS will want to put their distinctive mark on the show; i.e. "their" Superhero show. There would still be the different-networks-don't-play-nice-with-each-other dynamic at work here.

- Earth-CW has already established that there is no Metropolis and no Gotham on it; meaning there is no also Superman and no Batman on it, now or in the future.

Now, to contradict myself and counter those very same reasons:

- However Earth-CW does have its own Huntress, a genuine member of the Batfamily, sans her connection to Bruce Wayne. The fact that Bludhaven has been mentioned means, at most, Nightwing might be available in the future (most likely defrocked of all his innate Bat-ness, but still). So if both Huntress and Nightwing can exist here, so could a Superman-less Supergirl.

- In fact, having Supergirl on Earth-CW is the only way many Superman fans (like myself) would embrace a Supergirl show completely devoid of Superman: b/c if in this universe, both Superman & Batman don't exist, but various derivative members of their families do, then the Earth-CW Supergirl can clearly be viewed and accepted as an alternate non-mainstream continuity.

- The crossover episodes between SUPERGIRL and THE FLASH and/or ARROW on different networks would be virtually unprecedented. Totally bananas.

Right now, I'm hoping that CBS keeps their SUPERGIRL separate, in its own universe; accounting for their Kal-El's presence but keeping him mostly off the show (but definitely in the pilot episode).
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 12-01-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Somebody mentioned Emily Kinney on the DC forum as a possibility for the lead role on SUPERGIRL. I didn't know who she was, so I had to look her up.

EMILY KINNEY

DOB: 08/15/85 (29 years old currently)
    Height: 5'5"

She's apparently on THE WALKING DEAD, stars as Beth.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    2) Mods, shouldn't this thread be merged with the existing SUPERGIRL on CBS thread (I'll be bringing this up there in a bit anyway)?

3) Mods, or at least moved to the Superman forums?
    Definitely to the Superman forum, at any rate.

It's funny that people are talking about her as Supergirl, since she's almost 30. Yet, she looks so young she could actually get away with it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?