All-New Member

Default Marvels - Definitive Collected Edition?

I'm looking to add a hardcover collected edition of Marvels to my library, and I'm just wondering what people consider to be the best, maybe even definitive, collected edition of this series?

I'm leaning towards the 10th Anniversary Edition, which I meant to buy at the time but never got around to it, but since then there have been a couple of other versions, including the Premier Classic Edition. Now, I'm slightly tempted by this as I have a lot of the Marvel Premier Classic collections and they look nice lined up on the shelf with the shiny metallic lettering on the spines. But I'm guessing this doesn't have as nice a collection of "extras" in the back. Or does it?

I just want to buy one edition as I have the originals already, but which to choose? Thoughts and suggestions welcome!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

If you want to go all the way thid seems like the best choice
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/078515...5210234&sr=8-1

But if you don't want to pay that amount cash (nobody would judge you if you don't), I don't which version is the best.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

If you don't want to drop an obscene amount of cash on the Platinum edition, the 10th Anniversary OSHC is the way to go.

Fantastic Member

the platinum edition looks gorgeous but this price is insane. i say go with the 10th anniversary one. i got meself a used copy in like new condition from an Amazon seller a couple of months ago for about twelve bucks. oversized, 400 pages, half of them taken by extras like proposals, scripts, sketches, authors' commentary, behind the scenes...
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 11-05-2014 at 12:48 PM.

I settled for the Platinum Edition. But the one factor that would make it recommendable is being a huge Alex Ross fan. A big chunk of the volume is dedicated to almost every single piece of commission he's done for Marvel. Posters, variants, et cetera. So that alone is worth the price if you're that big of a fan. Plus, it's oversized and looks awesome on the shelves, along with the DC Absolutes or IDW Artist Editions.

As a very close second (due to the price/content factor) I'd recommend the 10th anniversary edition. As pointed out above, it is an amazing hardcover as well, and seems to cover all you might be interested in.

All-New Member

Thanks a lot for the comments guys! You've basically confirmed what I suspected.

I did spot that platinum edition but probably a bit outside of my price range. I'm fine with the Marvel Omniboos, but once the prices get higher than that I usually start looking for a cheaper alternative.

Looks like the 10th Anniversary HC is indeed the one to own. I'll get that on order tomorrow!

Thanks so much for the advice