Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Werewolf by Night #5 Jun 1998
    "New Face Revealed"
    In a rural part of New York state, Jack Russell visits his friend and former co-worker Fred.

Fred was crippled while working in the sewers of the city when a large metal grate fell on him.
    Jack had transformed to the Werewolf, lifted the grate off of him and carried him to safety.
    Although Jack suspects his friend knows his secret, Fred's never talked about it.

Some time later, Jack wanders the docks above his underground cell and he comes across
    the misshapen cripple who watches over him when he's locked up as the Werewolf.
    Jack tries to befriend him, but the man scoots away until Jack transforms and his watcher recognizes him.

Jack asks him what his story is and the man, who calls himself Lump explains.

He was born to circus acrobats, but his father rejected him because of his birth defects and because his mother died during his birth.
    At first, he was raised by the bearded lady, but eventually, she too neglected Lump.
    He found an affinity with the beasts kept by the circus, but as he became older, he was forced to be a clown to earn his food and board.
    In the middle of a gig in Central Park, the circus went bankrupt and Lump joined the legions of New York's homeless.
    Finally one night, Lump heard the howls of the Werewolf from his cell, and has watched him ever since.

Jack promises Lump he'll return to see him, then pays a visit to his priest friend, Father Vince Adobe.
    Lastly, he goes to see his girlfriend Roxanna, carrying a bouquet of roses.

Written by Paul Jenkins. Art by Leonardo Manco.

BANNED

Nightstalkers #9 Jul 1993
    Crossing the Rubicon
    "Linda" breaks Hannibal and Morbius apart and Blade tries to destroy Morbius.

Morbius is captured by Stonecold when he uses his time warping power on Hannibal.
    Hannibal, Blade and Frank argue over whether or not they should destroy Morbius (who is one of "the nine").
    Samantha Regent decides to read her letter from the dwarf but is hit by a car before she can;
    Hannibal and Frank attack Stonecold and Morbius manages to break out of the "perpetual motion wheel";

"Linda" manages to stop the "perpetual motion wheel" but Stonecold gets away;
    Blade meets with Richie Regent and says he will handle Richie's problem alone.

Script by D.G. Chichester, pencils by Marck Pacella, inks by Don Heck

BANNED

Darkhold #10 Jul 1993
    Betrayal Part 3: Moment of Truth
    Jinx rescues the team from the Darkholders.

Sam's ultimate loyalties are tested when it turns out Interpol, his long-term employers,

have been corrupted by a demon-worshipping cult.

Script by Chris Cooper, pencils by Rurik Tyler, inks by Bob Downs

BANNED

Morbius The Living Vampire #11 Jul 1993
    The Killing Season
    Vic Slaughter just killed a few people at a dock. He starts getting ready to attack Morbius.
    Meanwhile Morbius, Drake, and Hannibal are searching for Slaughter in a van.

All of a sudden Vic rips the van apart and drags Morbius away.
    The two fight in mid-air and Morbius is shot by Slaughter multiple times and falls wounded on the street.
    Right when Slaughter tries to tak a final shot, he is hit by Drake's exorsist gun but is not out.
    He then tries to shoot Drake, but hits innocents instead. Hannibal then attacks Slaughter in his wolf form.
    Meanwhile Morbius feeds on the blood of the wounded to regain his strength.
    He then attacks Slaughter who tries to fly away but is hit by the exorcist gun again and this time falls to the ground.
    Morbius holds Slaughter down so that he can be hit by the beam again.
    Morbius then tears Slaughter into pieces and throws him in the kennal.
    Morbius then asks Drake to fire him with the exorsist gun to get rid of his vampire disease or the demon blood in him.

Morbius gets blasted but nothing works. After Morbius, Drake, and Hannibal leave, Slaughter crawls out of the burning kennal.

Script by Gregory Wright, pencils by Ron Wagner, inks by Mike Witherby

BANNED

Werewolf by Night #6 Jul 1998
    "Love Is Colder Than Death: Part 1" Guest-starring Ghost Rider!
    A serial killer has New York City frozen in a web of fear...and a psychic fingers a "monster" as the culprit!

And when Jack Russell's mysterious benefactor calls in his marker, our anti-hero must sniff out the killer.
    Descending into the bizarre nightclub known as the Underworld, Jack comes face-to-face with the hot spot's unique clientele: zombies, vampires and spirits!!

Jack thinks he's getting closer to the chief suspect, but when the full moon rises, he discovers that the hands that are really covered in blood just might be his own!

Continued in Strange Tales (1998) #1.

Written by Paul Jenkins. Art by Leonardo Manco.

BANNED

Doctor Strange #60 Aug 1983
    "Assault on Avengers Mansion!"
    Doctor Strange's search for the location of the Darkhold leads him to pay an astral visit
    to the Scarlet Witch, the last to see it. She tells him that it's stored in Avengers Mansion.

When Strange flies off mentioning that the power of the Darkhold may yet be neutralized, she decides to head for the mansion herself to see if she can help.

Dracula and the Darkholders launch a full-on assault on the Mansion with only Doctor Strange, Hannibal King, Captain Marvel, and Scarlet Witch
    around to defend it. Dracula nearly reaches the book, but at the last moment Strange manages to teleport it away to a location

he hopes its power will be masked by an existing aura of dark magic, Castle Mordo.

Script by Roger Stern, pencils by Dan Green, inks by Terry Austin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Maybe marvel will start pushing their great supernatural characters a little more when the dr. Strange movie gets closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Isn't it sad how they have to wait for a movie to come out in order to push a character?
    Absolutely! It shouldn't be so!

Not much discussion going on here.

With the end of Moon Knight series (a limp ending if i may say so) can we finally get a team book with these characters?

It seems noone can hold a series, a team with hardcore supernatural/horror may be in order. This goes doubly for the art, we cant have Image art. It must be ultra detailed, horrific, sexy, and dangerous.

I dont want a book targeted at a generic mass audience, i want something with bite , but still have that Marvel flavor.

Would a new Max line be appropriate?

I want something in the vein of swamp Thing and vertigo Hellblazer, but with Moon Knight and Blade and Elsa !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I want something in the vein of swamp Thing and vertigo Hellblazer, but with Moon Knight and Blade and Elsa !!!!
    too bad it probably won't get past the pitch stage nowadays. But who knows- maybe an online only comic mini.

BANNED

Better than nothing.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Better than nothing.
    I hate to say it but maybe they'd last a bit longer if they call them selves the Midnight Avengers.
    Or took over the main book for an arc or two.
    Avengers: Midnight.
    Self Stroking aside. . .

I mean they had JLA dark, but really Marvel isn't even trying with this very much are they? I mean... damnation... really? There's just too much
    real estate of magic despite the fact that its gets ignored because no one wants to have rules for "magic" when really that would make the world richer.
    The attitude of
    "Its magic. I don't HAVE to explain it..." or really give any indication whats going on in the universe imho is a damper on the supernatural side.

Seems marvel could have a huge presence in the supernatural side, but maybe there aren't enough interested parties at once to get an "Annihilation"
    level book in terms of writing.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I hate to say it but maybe they'd last a bit longer if they call them selves the Midnight Avengers.
    Self Stroking aside. . .

I mean they had JLA dark, but really Marvel isn't even trying with this very much are they? I mean... damnation... really? There's just too much
    real estate of magic despite the fact that its gets ignored because no one wants to have rules for "magic" when really that would make the world richer.
    The attitude of
    "Its magic. I don't HAVE to explain it..." or really give any indication whats going on in the universe imho is a damper on the supernatural side.

Seems marvel could have a huge presence in the supernatural side, but maybe there aren't enough interested parties at once to get an "Annihilation"
    Probably take a movie or a tv show for Marvel to put any effort in that side of it.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The early nighties was the last time Marvel did a big push of their supernatural heroes.

Damnation was underwhelming if the aim of it was to be some major annihilation level supernatural event.

I think a Midnight Sons book of supernatural heroes could be sustainable if it had a great creative team behind it at some great artist to suit a horror/supernatural tone.

Doctor Strange and Ghost Driver have got a push recently (thanks in part to successful live action adaptations). Morbius will probably get another attempt at a push soon with his movie coming out.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post

Self Stroking aside. . .

The attitude of

It seemed like they came close to teasing that a couple of times. But in the end they ended up doing "Spirits of Vengeance" as a team book.