Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default When the clock strikes Midnight, Supernatural Marvel Appreciation!

I figured since we have an appreciation thread for the cosmic side already, I should start one for my other favourite corner of the Marvel U, the Supernatural! So, like every other appreciation thread you are free to post pics, fan-art, how would you like Marvel to jump start the SPN (with Strange coming soon I don't think it's unlikely), fan-fics and whatnot of your favourite mystical characters (from Ghost Rider and Magik to Kaine and Dracula).

To get the conversation started, if a Midnight Sons book were to be launched what direction would you take it to and what would be your roster?

BANNED

First off I wouldn't title it Midnight Sons. That may have history but in todays market the only chance a fringe book like this has of survival is a major franchise title. Thus as much as it sucks its got to be titled Supernatural Avengers or some such. Maybe Supernatural Avengers in big font with Midnight Sons in little. See Remender's recent Uncanny Avenger's annual for a take on it.

Anyway my roster would be:

Dr Strange
    Magik
    Damian Hellstorm
    Satana
    Blade

and last but not very least for the buzz it would create:

Dr Doom.

Have the opening story be something that brings all six together where they have to team up. Doom would be soon on panel talking to himself about how he is going to take the power for himself but for the time being he has to work with the others.

Woooo!!! Finally somewhere to appreciate the Supernatural side of Marvel!! Under-appreciated if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post

To get the conversation started, if a Midnight Sons book were to be launched what direction would you take it to and what would be your roster?
    I'd definitely go for a non-team approach, meaning characters would rotate as the storylines see fit. And I'd likely have it takeover the Dark Avengers tag and title it Dark Avengers: Midnight Sons instead. I'd hate to do it because I'm partially a traditionalist, but having an Avengers tag may result in better sales and maybe some more potential longtime fans. Characters I'd like to see (not necessarily all on the team at once):

Strange
    Voodoo
    Satanna
    Hellstrom
    Werewolf by Night
    Ghost Rider Bros
    Wiccan
    Man-Thing
    Blade
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Jennifer Kale

And think of all the potential for villains? Mephisto, Dracula, Dormammu, Zarathos, Blackheart, Zadkiel, Dr. Doom, Baron Mordo etc. Potential's endless.

With Voodoo returning and Strange coming out with a movie soon, I expect the supernatural side of Marvel to definitely increase its profile in the MU.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 11-05-2014 at 01:20 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, Dark Avengers: Midnight Sons seems like the most logical choice. As for how I'd do it, I'd start with a small team, maybe 5-7 people, with a more "urban" feel.. After that, as the plot progressed I'd add more, gradually having more and more "big guns" join the team.

V1:

1)Strange
    2)Ghost Rider
    3)Moon Knight
    4)Elsa Bloodstone
    5)Magik
    6)Daimon
    7)Blade

After that I'd add Doom, Wanda, Voodoo and Clea, and have cameos from the Legion of Monsters (Morbius, Man-Thing, Howard, Werewolf, the Living Mummy, Satana,etc) and if I went forward with this Lovecraftian idead I've got I'd definitely add Adam Warlock and maaaaaaybe Thanos (I know, I know, but it makes sense within the context of the story and it'd happen in like, issue 100 or so).
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 11-05-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Niffleheim

I wish there was a Werewolf and Dracula solo books. I never get tired of reading any books that has these two subject matter lol! In addition there is always politic and intrigue in wolf packs and vampire nests anyway so it should make easy to write lol!
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-05-2014 at 02:09 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

If they did a Vengeance series, I'd read it:

Marvel Supernatural Storyline: Rise of the Midnight Sons
    nightstalkers_001_cover.jpg
    Nightstalkers #1 cover

Synopsis:
    Lilith, the Mother of Demons is attempting to manifest and Doctor Strange recruits the Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, Morbius, the Nightstalkers, and the Darkhold Redeemers to prevent it.

Collections:

Rise of the Midnight Sons TPB collects all the issues

Story:

1) Ghost Rider Vol. 2 #28
    2) Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #1
    3) Morbius: The Living Vampire #1
    4) Darkhold: Pages from the Book of Sins #1
    5) Nightstalkers #1
    6) Ghost Rider Vol. 2 #31
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 11-09-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added synopsis

BANNED

Blade, Ghost Rider, Morbius, Brother Voodoo, Man-Thing & Moon Knight would be my ideal roster for the Midnight Sons. Maybe they can call it Avengers Occult. I think Marvel should push their supernatural characters a little more.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I wish there was a Werewolf and Dracula solo books. I never get tired of reading any books that has these two subject matter lol! In addition there is always politic and intrigue in wolf packs and vampire nests anyway so it should make easy to write lol!
    I would love to read a Tomb of Dracula or Werewolf by Night and the politics that comes with it but the problem is that White Wolf thinks they created everything from slangs or abilities and it gets in the way of writers creativity for fear of a lawsuit. But if they get past that and with AXIS who knows if Jack goes back to not controlling his Lycanthrope for the third time or Drac becoming a anti-hero.

i've always been a fan of this guy..til they took away the dormammu connection out of him
    i would really love to see a new hood, other than parker robbins

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

The Red Hulk/Venom/Ghost Rider hybrid was badass and needs to have his own series:

Maybe marvel will start pushing their great supernatural characters a little more when the dr. Strange movie gets closer.

What does everyone think of the roster they used for Uncanny Avengers Annual? And their depiction, despite it being minimal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Maybe marvel will start pushing their great supernatural characters a little more when the dr. Strange movie gets closer.
    Isn't it sad how they have to wait for a movie to come out in order to push a character?

grew up reading a lot of old Marvel 70s comics. loved Son of Satan, Werewolf by Night and especially Tomb of Dracula.