Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I would KILL for a Magic Avengers team right now, I think Marvel is in a great place for it at the moment. My ideal lineup would be similar to
    Darthkostis' team, but with some changes:

1) Strange (and if he does get replaced during AXIS which looks like may be the case, replace him with Brother Voodoo)
    2) Ghost Rider
    3) Loki
    4) Elsa Bloodstone
    5) Magik
    6) Wiccan
    7) Blade
    8) Nico Minoru

And we could guest star some others like Damion Hellstrom (I considered him as a regular, but the team was already large...) and Wanda and the like, but I think that team has some potentially good chemistry and a nice selection of specialties and origins. Since there are a few notorious lone wolfs on the team, need a substantially large threat to unite them initially, I think I would go with a teamup of baddies that can unite them, like Mephisto and Surtur plus something to do with Limbo...

They've teased an imbalance and power struggles among the Hell Lords for some time now, but nothing's really come of it. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    What does everyone think of the roster they used for Uncanny Avengers Annual? And their depiction, despite it being minimal.

I LOVED this roster, though to be honest I’m pretty ‘meh’ towards Manphibian and Man-Thing. Still would've preferred a more serious storyline, but the one we got nonetheless oozed helluva loads of biting fun. GR's portrayal - while shallow - at least made perfect sense given the story's context. I even appreciated the not-so-subtle jabs against the Spirit itself; how tiresome its dialogue inevitably gets lol.

Also, the mere fact that Remember actually went on to stress just how important John Blaze is towards his SoV's proper functioning left me on good notes towards the man. I can only wonder how a Rick Remender-penned story about Ghost Rider would turn out: one with none of the satire and all of the character-driven seriousness from his “Venom” run...

Can't really say much about the others, given they were essentially "extras" apart from minor participation by Strange and Satanna. Dat "Nerdz rule!" bit, though... HA!

BANNED

Yeah, Man-Phibian is a Z-Lister and Man-Thing is more like an "object that moves" rather than an actual character most of the time. I'd definitely not add them as regulars, as guest starts maybe but that's it. The main team should be full of powerful people, able to take on the hordes of Hell, Hel and Hades all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain and Pain View Post

Also, the mere fact that Remember actually went on to stress just how important John Blaze is towards his SoV's proper functioning left me on good notes towards the man. I can only wonder how a Rick Remender-penned story about Ghost Rider would turn out: one with none of the satire and all of the character-driven seriousness from his “Venom” run...
    As much criticism as Remender gets, he's actually had the best understanding of Ghost Rider than any other writer in years with this issue. His Venom run is one of my all-time favourite runs too.

Mighty Member

Just read all of blade, frank drake, hannibal king, and draculas stories. It really makes you appreciate how dangerous the supernatural side of marvel is. Guys like captain america and ironman wouldnt last if they had to combat the threats that the midnight sons dealt with. The best thing is that when the heroes die in the supernatural side, they stay dead, but the villains always return. Kinda the opposite of the mainstream 616.

Re-reading the midnight sons, it also irks me that the mark of the midnight sons was never followed up on. Blade, ghost rider, vengeance, john blaze, morbius, and hannibal king all got a mark that was supposed to bind them for life and trigger incredible pain whenever they were needed...but it hasnt been referenced since. I could understand needing to reload the roster because other than blade, morbius, and ghost rider, everyone is out of commission, but you have a great way to restart the midnight sons/super natural avengers right there.
    Last edited by Tracks; 11-07-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Marvel Supernatural Storyline: Midnight Massacre
    Nightstalkers 10 (Large)-00fc1.jpg
    Nightstalkers #10 cover

Synopsis:

Blade becomes possessed by a page from the Darkhold and attempts to kill all the magical beings on earth and Midnight Sons attempt to stop him.

Collections:

None

Story:
    1) Nightstalkers #10
    2) Ghost Rider Vol. 2 #40
    3) Darkhold: Pages from the Book of Sins #11
    4) Morbius: The Living Vampire #12
    5) Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #13
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 11-09-2014 at 05:42 AM. Reason: added synopsis

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Hey now! Did you guys just disrespect Man-Phibian?!

I would love to see marvel give the supernatural side of the MU the same kind of push the cosmic side has received. There is so much potential and I hope the Strange movie proves to be the catalyst for a supernatural explosion.

I think starting with a Strange solo and a Midnight Sons/Dark Avengers/Midnight Avengers book would be the best best. Build the team book around Ghost Rider, Blade and Dr. Voodoo, because, outside of Strange, I think those guys have the biggest following. Fill it out with Satanna and the Shiver Man (personal favourite). Have Remender write it because he is A-List, writes an awesome Jericho and everybody seems to love his Ghost Rider.

I'd love to see a Legion of Monsters book too. Morbius, Werewolf by Night, Elsa Bloodstone, Man-Phibian and Man-Thing. Have them continue operating out of Monster Metropolis and you can include Shiklah and, more importantly, Deadpool. Hello sales boost.

I'd love more focus on the supernatural side of Marvel. For a while there it felt like they were going to do that with that mini they did a few years back. People theorised an Annihilation type mystic event. But it never lead to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    To get the conversation started, if a Midnight Sons book were to be launched what direction would you take it to and what would be your roster?
    1) Dr. Strange
    2) Brother Voodoo
    3) Satanna
    4) Wiccan
    5) Elsa Bloodstone
    6) Cullen Bloodstone
    7) Magik
    8) Nico Minoru
    9) Robbie Reyes (assuming he stays powered)

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'd love more focus on the supernatural side of Marvel. For a while there it felt like they were going to do that with that mini they did a few years back. People theorised an Annihilation type mystic event. But it never lead to anything.
    I think an Annihilation type event revolving around Marvel Zombies could be epic. The Zombies find a way to invade 616 en masse and supernatural types all over the world oppose them. The event book would focus on the new Midnight Avengers/Dark Avengers then you could have tie ins for LoM (and Monster Metropolis) Doom, A.R.M.O.R. Maybe even Cap Britain or Dracula.

Brother Voodo is returning in Axis it looks like.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Hey now! Did you guys just disrespect Man-Phibian?!

I would love to see marvel give the supernatural side of the MU the same kind of push the cosmic side has received. There is so much potential and I hope the Strange movie proves to be the catalyst for a supernatural explosion.

I think starting with a Strange solo and a Midnight Sons/Dark Avengers/Midnight Avengers book would be the best best. Build the team book around Ghost Rider, Blade and Dr. Voodoo, because, outside of Strange, I think those guys have the biggest following. Fill it out with Satanna and the Shiver Man (personal favourite). Have Remender write it because he is A-List, writes an awesome Jericho and everybody seems to love his Ghost Rider.

I'd love to see a Legion of Monsters book too. Morbius, Werewolf by Night, Elsa Bloodstone, Man-Phibian and Man-Thing. Have them continue operating out of Monster Metropolis and you can include Shiklah and, more importantly, Deadpool. Hello sales boost.
    Yea, I think they should separate the legion of monsters, who more patrol the monster underworld. Werewolf by Night, Manphibian, Man-thing, and the other actual monsters are there. Deadpool and the Legion of Monsters actually sounds like a book that would do decently haha but I don't know if that world would get proper respect, given that most of Deadpool's stories are jokes. The midnight sons/supernatural avengers who handle the global threats. The heroes with a touch of humanity would be on this team. Guys like John Blaze, Blade, Strange, and maybe spitfire. I don't know which team Morbius would be on as he's one of the few heroes that's been on every iteration of the team and actually has the mark, but he's also led the Legion of Monsters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post

1) Dr. Strange
    2) Brother Voodoo
    3) Satanna
    4) Wiccan
    5) Elsa Bloodstone
    6) Cullen Bloodstone
    7) Magik
    8) Nico Minoru
    9) Robbie Reyes (assuming he stays powered)
    don't you think that might be too many heroes with the same powers? I feel like even a supernatural team can have at most 2 sorcerers. Strange could have the same role he played with the first midnight sons, but then I don't see Voodoo answering to him.

Voodoo returning is the best thing that's happened in a while. It's Remender's baby. I remember reading somewhere Remender wanted to put Voodoo on the Uncanny Avengers but Bendis was doing that (terrible) story arc where he killed him (And Hellstrom and Jennifer Kale...). Good to see he's getting hsi shot at writing him finally.

BANNED

The fear lords

The hell-lords