Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

When push comes to shove , Lords of the splinter realm - even surtur the fire demon will join forces with the other hell lords.

All the death/hell lords will join forces to fight a common enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, I think they should separate the legion of monsters, who more patrol the monster underworld. Werewolf by Night, Manphibian, Man-thing, and the other actual monsters are there. Deadpool and the Legion of Monsters actually sounds like a book that would do decently haha but I don't know if that world would get proper respect, given that most of Deadpool's stories are jokes. The midnight sons/supernatural avengers who handle the global threats. The heroes with a touch of humanity would be on this team. Guys like John Blaze, Blade, Strange, and maybe spitfire. I don't know which team Morbius would be on as he's one of the few heroes that's been on every iteration of the team and actually has the mark, but he's also led the Legion of Monsters.
    It would depend on which Deadpool is being written. If the writer is able to interject his tragic side and is able to combine the tragedy and comedy that in my opinion make the best Deadpool stories or at least put a degree of seriousness so that the jokes don't override the story then it could do well. Writers with a good grasp of Deadpool like Joe Kelly, Fabian Nicieza, Rick Remender, and Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn (mostly Duggan). It would definitely sell (in the beginning) and in context it makes sense since he's currently married to a succubus queen who is leading monster metropolis, so it wouldn't be completely out of left field.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 11-09-2014 at 06:03 AM.

I really like many of the roster ideas that you guys have posted. Marvel certainly has an eclectic variety of supernatural characters to play with, and I do think an Annihilation-style event is what is needed to push them successfully. Perhaps it hasn't happened yet because there's not a super-obvious barrier separating the "main" MU heroes from the supernatural ones, unlike the cosmic side of things where location makes it necessary to focus on lesser-known characters like Nova and Starlord (rather than Thor or Iron Man). Though that wouldn't be a tough issue: I remember a short arc in Sensational Spider-Man back in the day in which a magical threat was unleashed in NYC but most people couldn't see what was happening. That's the kind of danger we need to push the supernatural characters: something that guys like Cap and Spidey don't even see because they don't have a magical reason to see.

Also, not to delve too deeply into my own ideas, but I've long been building in my head a comic called The Midnight Son, in which a cult - including characters like Gabriel the Devil-Hunter, the Ghost Riders, Hellcat, Druid, and others - travel the country preaching the Dread Gospel and sending evil-doers, demons, and monsters to a realm of Hell ruled by Daimon Hellstrom.

-Pav, who would push for a MAX take on this...
    Last edited by Pav; 11-09-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Dark avengers
    Dr. Voodoo
    Johnny Blaze
    Elsa bloodstone
    Black knight
    Jack Russell werewolf by night
    Dead girl
    Gargoyle

Marvel Supernatural Storyline: Road to Vengeance - The Missing Link
    GR41_01.jpg
    Ghost Rider Vol. 2 #41 cover

Synopsis:
    Lilith has survived and has begun to look for a mystical relic that is currently housed within the Ghost Rider.

Collections:
    None

Story:
    1) Ghost Rider Vol. 2 # #41
    2) Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #14
    3) Ghost Rider Vol. 2 # #42
    4) Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #15
    5) Ghost Rider Vol. 2 # #43
    6) Ghost Rider/Blaze: Spirits of Vengeance #16

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    It would depend on which Deadpool is being written. If the writer is able to interject his tragic side and is able to combine the tragedy and comedy that in my opinion make the best Deadpool stories or at least put a degree of seriousness so that the jokes don't override the story then it could do well. Writers with a good grasp of Deadpool like Joe Kelly, Fabian Nicieza, Rick Remender, and Gerry Duggan & Brian Posehn (mostly Duggan). It would definitely sell (in the beginning) and in context it makes sense since he's currently married to a succubus queen who is leading monster metropolis, so it wouldn't be completely out of left field.
    Exactly this. It could work really well if Deadpool was brought into the fold and made to relate to the monsters instead of being just a comic relief. Imo a lot of writers have forgotten how to use him well like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Marvel Supernatural Storyline: Rise of the Midnight Sons
    Attachment 12596
    Nightstalkers #1 cover
    One of my favorite issues ever.

One thing I thought the comics did really well with Blade was that they gave him interesting and realistic dialogue, he talked just like anyone else, and he had a bit of humor in him as well. The Wesley Snipe's version was just your stereotypical angry black guy.

And I thought that all of Blade's weapons were strategically designed to kill Vampires was very interesting.

The way they dealt with Hannibal King's addiction to blood in this issue was amazing.

The best part was the dialogue between Hannibal and Blade, you could tell those two really cared for each other as friends.

don't you think that might be too many heroes with the same powers? I feel like even a supernatural team can have at most 2 sorcerers. Strange could have the same role he played with the first midnight sons, but then I don't see Voodoo answering to him.
    Eh. I don't think similair powersets are that detrimental to a team. It sort of depends on the story and the situations they're put it.
    But given that the team ended up a bit large, I guess I'd make it a choice of either Dr. Strange or Brother Voodoo. I like both characters, so I'm fine with either.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

The Nightshift would make a good comeback now that almost all are dead(well the bad eggs) we can now start a new.

-The Shroud or Moon Knight as team leader
    -Mephista
    -Werewolf by Night
    -Elsa Bloodstone
    -Mania
    -N'kantu
    -Monster Frankenstein

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Yea, I think they should separate the legion of monsters, who more patrol the monster underworld. Werewolf by Night, Manphibian, Man-thing, and the other actual monsters are there. Deadpool and the Legion of Monsters actually sounds like a book that would do decently haha but I don't know if that world would get proper respect, given that most of Deadpool's stories are jokes. The midnight sons/supernatural avengers who handle the global threats. The heroes with a touch of humanity would be on this team. Guys like John Blaze, Blade, Strange, and maybe spitfire. I don't know which team Morbius would be on as he's one of the few heroes that's been on every iteration of the team and actually has the mark, but he's also led the Legion of Monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Exactly this. It could work really well if Deadpool was brought into the fold and made to relate to the monsters instead of being just a comic relief. Imo a lot of writers have forgotten how to use him well like that.
    Yes, LoM and the "Avengers" team should remain separate entities. I see the LoM as being the protectors of Monster Metropolis and so shouldn't venture too far. Maybe the odd mission on behalf of Queen Shiklah. I would definitely prefer to see Morbius as the leader of the LoM than a member of the other team.

I quite like the sound of Deadpool & The Legion of Monsters. I know drafting in an A-Lister to help boost sales is a much derided idea amongst many but I think it could work well with DP. He already spends time in the Metropolis thanks to his wife so his path should cross with the Legion at some point. Plus I always feel like DP is looking for a place to belong.

Yeah, you can certainly play Wade a little straighter, it doesn't have to be zany and funny. He's done some pretty monstrous things himself so it would be cool to see how they would relate to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Voodoo returning is the best thing that's happened in a while. It's Remender's baby. I remember reading somewhere Remender wanted to put Voodoo on the Uncanny Avengers but Bendis was doing that (terrible) story arc where he killed him (And Hellstrom and Jennifer Kale...). Good to see he's getting hsi shot at writing him finally.
    Yeah, I guess the fact Remender has bought him back and will use him in the next volume of Uncanny confirms that. Voodoo written by Remender is so badass, I'm thankful he brought him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I really like many of the roster ideas that you guys have posted. Marvel certainly has an eclectic variety of supernatural characters to play with, and I do think an Annihilation-style event is what is needed to push them successfully. Perhaps it hasn't happened yet because there's not a super-obvious barrier separating the "main" MU heroes from the supernatural ones, unlike the cosmic side of things where location makes it necessary to focus on lesser-known characters like Nova and Starlord (rather than Thor or Iron Man). Though that wouldn't be a tough issue: I remember a short arc in Sensational Spider-Man back in the day in which a magical threat was unleashed in NYC but most people couldn't see what was happening. That's the kind of danger we need to push the supernatural characters: something that guys like Cap and Spidey don't even see because they don't have a magical reason to see.

Also, not to delve too deeply into my own ideas, but I've long been building in my head a comic called The Midnight Son, in which a cult - including characters like Gabriel the Devil-Hunter, the Ghost Riders, Hellcat, Druid, and others - travel the country preaching the Dread Gospel and sending evil-doers, demons, and monsters to a realm of Hell ruled by Daimon Hellstrom.

-Pav, who would push for a MAX take on this...
    I get what you are saying Pav but I don't think the X-Men have an obvious barrier (at least, not more so than the supernatural characters) separating them from the rest of the MU but separate they have remained, for the most part. They deal with all the mutant problems, have mutant events etc. Y'know?

The Midnight Son sounds pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I get what you are saying Pav but I don't think the X-Men have an obvious barrier (at least, not more so than the supernatural characters) separating them from the rest of the MU but separate they have remained, for the most part. They deal with all the mutant problems, have mutant events etc. Y'know?

The Midnight Son sounds pretty cool!
    Thanks!

And yeah - good call on the X-Men as an example of a group that was kept in its own corner without needing an in-story reason for it.

-Pav, who (as a total aside) loves Morbius and enjoys the various takes of late but doesn't think ANYONE has got him right yet...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Would love a new Midnight Sons ongoing.

I'm surprised Marvel hasn't done a new Midnight Sons comic because I think it would sell well.

Astonishing Member

I'd rather see a Legion of Monsters book, but maybe not following the stuff they did previously. Mainly because it focused on Morbius and I never really cared for that character. I do love monster archetypes, though. And I love that Marvel has almost all of them. They might have a connection to the Monster Metropolis, but the book would not necessarily be set there. My idea is this: what do you do when you have a supernatural problem that no conventional means can solve? When you've tried every exorcist, spiritualist and conjurer in the book. Well, sometimes it takes a monster to deal with a monster. The Legion of Monsters is the last ditch effort for every supernatural problem that will not go away. Sometimes, they find the problem and sometimes (unknowingly) people come looking for them. They may be the last, best hope, but every member is also a ticking time tomb. They all have issues, hungers or flaws that could turn them from unlikely hero to threat at any time.

So, for a initial line-up, I'm thinking Blade, Frankenstein's Monster, the Werewolf, The Living Mummy, Man-Thing, Satana, and two new characters, a ghost and a witch (I know there are plenty of sorceresses in Marvel Comics, but I wanted one that was more . . . witchy. It's too bad Agatha Harkness is dead). The group could change. I'd like to see the Zombie in there for a while, or Manphibian or the Golem. Heck, Tigra's even got some horror mag roots, so she'd be a fun, unexpected add-in.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think titling the book Dark Avenger: Midnight Sons would be a sure way to draw in readers. I can't help but wonder if the Disney partnership makes Marvel hesitant to delve into the darker, more occult side of their universe.

My ideal roster would be:
    Strange or Voodoo as the leader
    Ghost Rider (any one)
    Moon Knight
    Jennifer Kale
    Morbius
    Blade
    Spider-Woman

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

They need to make a new Tigra, Werewolf by night team-up cause the first and the West Coast Avengers issue he try to rape her(not his fault, he had no control at the time) so a new one would be a clean start since Jack has full control now.