Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

God Hates Astronauts is the funniest comic being produced right now. BAR NONE.

Hey question, does Tooth & Claw have any backmatter, or a letter column or something? I'm still undecided on whether to try to go for singles or trades on this one. My general policy is: trades for everything unless it sells low (like A Voice In The Dark) or has a fun letter column (this is why I get Saga and Sex Criminals in singles for example). Gonna have this same exact problem with ODY-C very soon too.

Also, I'm gonna jump on the God Hates Astronauts bandwagon soon once my store gets the first trade. Read the previews a week or two ago and it looks seriously hilarious. Congratulations, weekly Image thread. You've just cost me another 4 days of food.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Hey question, does Tooth & Claw have any backmatter, or a letter column or something?
    One page of backmatter in #1.

Three pages of design sketches in #2.

Lettercol proper starts with #3, now that we're getting letters.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Hey question, does Tooth & Claw have any backmatter, or a letter column or something? I'm still undecided on whether to try to go for singles or trades on this one. My general policy is: trades for everything unless it sells low (like A Voice In The Dark) or has a fun letter column (this is why I get Saga and Sex Criminals in singles for example). Gonna have this same exact problem with ODY-C very soon too.

Also, I'm gonna jump on the God Hates Astronauts bandwagon soon once my store gets the first trade. Read the previews a week or two ago and it looks seriously hilarious. Congratulations, weekly Image thread. You've just cost me another 4 days of food.
    Good! That means it's doing it's job emptying wallets one book at a time. Seriously though I never feel bad when I'm buying Image titles, they've all been such high quality that I've rarely been disappointed. Why not just pick up the first issue first and see if you like it or not?
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

kdb
    Thanks for dropping by Kurt, I thought the first issue was outstanding. If the other issues are just as good as this I'm positive I'm double dipping on this series. I have a request, I really love the Walking Dead oversized deluxe slipcase omnibuses. Tooth and Claw is such a beautiful book that I eventually would like to see them in this deluxe oversized format, very fitting for such a gorgeous book. Good luck with the series Kurt, I really hope this becomes a smash hit. It already has all the elements in place to be one.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 11-08-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Thanks for dropping by Kurt, I thought the first issue was outstanding. If the other issues are just as good as this I'm positive I'm double dipping on this series. I have a request, I really love the Walking Dead oversized deluxe slipcase omnibuses. Tooth and Claw is such a beautiful book that I eventually would like to see them in this deluxe oversized format, very fitting for such a gorgeous book. Good luck with the series Kurt, I really hope this becomes a smash hit. It already has all the elements in place to be one.
    Thanks! I sure wouldn't mind seeing something like that format, not at all.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Chew #44 has the win easily. Definitely some long term impacts resulting from that story. I did really enjoy Mercenary Sea like I always do, but Layman was at the top of his game this week.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post

kdb
    Alrightio sounds awesome, single issues it is then! I didn't expect to get this answer from the writer himself haha. But cool, thanks! Not sure what it is but I love reading letter columns. Recently found some old JMS Spidey issues and it's hilarious in hindsight, reading how they're "setting up an e-mail adress for the technologically savvy readers who prefer keyboards over pens."

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Good! That means it's doing it's job emptying wallets one book at a time. Seriously though I never feel bad when I'm buying Image titles, they've all been such high quality that I've rarely been disappointed. Why not just pick up the first issue first and see if you like it or not?
    Haha Groo have you ever considered becoming a drug dealer? "Why not just try one to see if you like it??" But yeah that's exactly my problem, oh hey a new Image series is out? Better try that! And now I'm consistently straining the budget. One day you'll hear in the news how I'm trying to shake coins out of parking meters: "It's for Saga #25!! I must know what happens to the caaaaatttt...", the suspect was heard yelling whilst being dragged away by security.
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 11-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Alrightio sounds awesome, single issues it is then! I didn't expect to get this answer from the writer himself haha. But cool, thanks! Not sure what it is but I love reading letter columns. Recently found some old JMS Spidey issues and it's hilarious in hindsight, reading how they're "setting up an e-mail adress for the technologically savage readers who prefer keyboards over pens."

Haha Groo have you ever considered becoming a drug dealer? "Why not just try one to see if you like it??" But yeah that's exactly my problem, oh hey a new Image series is out? Better try that! And now I'm consistently straining the budget. One day you'll hear in the news how I'm trying to shake coins out of parking meters: "It's for Saga #25!! I must know what happens to the caaaaatttt...", the suspect was heard yelling whilst being dragged away by security.
    LOL

Yeah I really enjoy reading the letters columns too. Pretty incredible to know that people once had to mail their letters out to the publisher with a stamped envelope.

Late to the party, but for best comic of the week, I've got to go with Tooth & Claw this time. I love, love, love God Hates Astronauts but Tooth & Claw just killed it for me last week in every possible way!

I picked up God Hates Astronauts, Penny Dora & the Wishing Box, The Humans, Imperial and Tooth & Claw. After reading all of them and thinking it over, Tooth & Claw takes it for me.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I think it was a tie for me this week between Chew and Spread.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

The only book I got was Chew but that was very good and I would probably vote for that against anything non-Saga anyway.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Alright just got around to reading Tooth & Claw and YUP this wins the week for me as well. Looks absolutely gorgeous (DAT COLOURING DOE!!) and I'm hooked to find out what happens next. A few complaints that keep it from being a perfect start for me. Example: the speech balloons will need some getting used to, it's simple but them not having complete border weirdly irked me. Might just be because you're suddenly aware how much they're covering the art with pure white space in places. Could've done without the info-dump over that gorgeous 2-panel painting of the Seventeenth City too.
    But yeah a lot to like here, the doubled page-count really gives it a lot more room to breathe and hook you in. Plus it's also nice this is gonna be a 2.99$ comic; I read a lot from Boom! and while they're gorgeous the extra dollar does add up. All in all a solid 4.5/5 in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I picked up God Hates Astronauts, Penny Dora & the Wishing Box, The Humans, Imperial and Tooth & Claw. After reading all of them and thinking it over, Tooth & Claw takes it for me.
    How was The Humans? That's the one with the apes on motorcycles right? It looked pretty fun and quirky based off the cover.

How was The Humans? That's the one with the apes on motorcycles right? It looked pretty fun and quirky based off the cover.
    You know, I was really disappointed, actually. Image has just been killing it with every title for me lately so every time they release a new #1 I'm all over it, and I was really excited about it because I thought it looked really fun and different like you said, but I was really disappointed. There's some books I can read an issue of and think well, I'll give it another issue, but with this one I just didn't like it and I don't think I'll be picking up the second issue. It was a real shame But all of this is also just my opinion, so definitely don't let it deter you if you want to check it out! I think it just wasn't for me.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender