Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

havok inverted into being a proud mutant. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    havok inverted into being a proud mutant. LOL
    Turns out the inverted version of Alex is Havok.
    On ye olde CBR

and why exactly is wanda not inverted?? she's the same as she's always been.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    and why exactly is wanda not inverted?? she's the same as she's always been.
    I'm am done with you.

Mighty Member

I know change has to happen, but Marvel have taken the X Men so far from their roots they're unrecognisable. There's nothing left of the characters I loved anymore. Whatever 'excuse' they conjure up to justify turning a bunch of sympathetic and heroic superheroes into unlikeable d**** just doesn't work, not for this one time fan. Whoever this lot are, they willvnever be X Men. Not anymore.
    I shall miss them.

Does anyone have a scan of this unification? The image in the opening post doesn't seem to want to register on my computer for whatever reason(?)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Sad thing is, I normally like his writing but let's never have him write an event that has ramifications for everyone again.
    I feel the same way. I love a lot of his other work but Apocalypse Twins onward....
    Meh.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    After this finishes and they turn back to normal, the mutants would have accidentally messed up their reputation again and got them back to square one in a world that hates and fears them. This happens every time they look like they could make progress in fixing their rep; something resets it. It keeps the story of the X-Men going indefinitely without any lasting progress in their mission. However, I do hope they reunite the X-Men teams back into one after this still.
    Pretty much.

One step forward for mutant kind...ten giant steps backward, to maintain "hated and feared" status quo. And people wonder at the deplorable state of the X-Franchise. SMDH.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

This confirms then that Cyclops has mostly been pretending to be the extremist ubermenschen. But we see what he'd be like if he really was. That's good news, it means the real Scott is still in there somewhere.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    After this finishes and they turn back to normal, the mutants would have accidentally messed up their reputation again and got them back to square one in a world that hates and fears them. This happens every time they look like they could make progress in fixing their rep; something resets it. It keeps the story of the X-Men going indefinitely without any lasting progress in their mission. However, I do hope they reunite the X-Men teams back into one after this still.
    While I get what you are saying from a writer/reader perspective, I think this is WHY they are so hated and feared by the general populace. This kind of shit does not happen to your regular Joe Smiley. Mutants and their out of this world problems can really mass up a regular person's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Pretty much.

One step forward for mutant kind...ten giant steps backward, to maintain "hated and feared" status quo. And people wonder at the deplorable state of the X-Franchise. SMDH.
    That's exactly why I hate this inversion plot point; I know exactly where it'd headed in the end. It's a wonder people who dislike how the X-Men have been treated by Marvel can like this when they know its just gonna end with them in worse standing.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    While I get what you are saying from a writer/reader perspective, I think this is WHY they are so hated and feared by the general populace. This kind of shit does not happen to your regular Joe Smiley. Mutants and their out of this world problems can really mass up a regular person's life.
    The former citizens of Newberry and Beaver Lake would probably agree with you on this particular point, them among many others unfortunate souls.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Who was shown among these "UNITED" X-Men?
    Since the scan request is proving fruitless.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    According to Remender, all people are affected by the spell even those who are not nearby Scarlet Witch and Doom when they casted the spell.
    Everyone is inverted at Earth-616.
    I LOVE THE INVERSION, THE X-MEN ARE UNITED AGAIN AND BECAUSE OF SCARLET WITCH, DOOM, AND APOCALYPSE.
    Thanks to them, the X-nation will arise.
    Not according to this: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=56866
    "...not every character can be there, and you're going to want characters that have not been inverted to stand next to and contrast and conflict with the characters who are"

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Who was shown among these "UNITED" X-Men?
    Since the scan request is proving fruitless.
    Storm, cyclops, havok, rogue,kitty nightcrawler colossus, Sunfire, teen jean. Others that were inverted and would stand united are beast, psylocke, angel, iceman, kid omega and apocalypse
    X-Men Forever