Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I finally got to read this and it is really good. The art is absolutely beautiful as many have said. There was so much content in this first issue but I never felt overwhelmed or out of touch with anything that was going on. I didn't want it to end quite honestly, and I am thoroughly excited to grab issue 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Purcell View Post
    But.. it did both of those things.
    I guess I'm comparing it to the last page of, say, the first issue of Birthright.

It's also not really fair of you to remove that one sentence from the overall context of my comment, which was absolutely nothing but positive. I even said that the fact that I thought that it WASN'T a slam-bang, explosion of a first issue was more a good thing that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I finally got to read this and it is really good. The art is absolutely beautiful as many have said. There was so much content in this first issue but I never felt overwhelmed or out of touch with anything that was going on. I didn't want it to end quite honestly, and I am thoroughly excited to grab issue 2.
    Me too! It was really quite amazing how quickly those 48 pages flew by. And it wasn't because it was a quick read either.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous comic with solid world building. I can't wait for the next issue.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

As per my last post, I went back to my store and picked it up and just got done reading it - loved it. The art was superb, the colours were beeeeeautiful, especially when the spells were being cast in the last third of the book and the story was both fun and engaging.

I'm open to all comics really, though I have my favourite genres, but this fantasy-ish stuff wouldn't be as high on my list as noir books or superheroes would. However this issue really caught me from the first few pages and I'm absolutely all in for this book. A really brilliant introduction to the story and so much scope for lots more action and adventure. Brilliant.

BANNED

Anyone else intrigued by the Champion spell conjuring a human form when the denizens of this fantasy realm are anthropomorphic?

I just re-read the issue to pick up any nuanced things I missed the first read.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Anyone else intrigued by the Champion spell conjuring a human form when the denizens of this fantasy realm are anthropomorphic?

I just re-read the issue to pick up any nuanced things I missed the first read.
    Noticed this too. Wouldn't be surprised if (spoilers just in case) spoilers:
    he turns out to be some form of ape or even an outright human. The end of magic, the dawn of technology? That kind of thing? Just a guess.
    end of spoilers

Also I'm curious to see the confrontation with the bisons. The (literal) upper class have just fallen to their level; how will the lower class respond?
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

The Autmumnlands: Tooth & Claw #2 was pretty good. I think we all had an idea of what to expect the Great Champion to be, but this was a pretty exciting scene nonetheless. Dunstan still had a pretty small role to play, and I'm curious to see how he fits into the story from here on out. I am really enjoying the art through these first two issues, specifically the way Gharta is drawn, she looks great. Overall this series is off to a solid start imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica View Post
    I am glad to hear someone compare it to Saga, as that is the comic book that got me interested in reading comics. As I was reading it today I thought of the same conclusion you did in your spoiler, and agree it seems obvious.
    The comparison to Saga is spot-on. It's difficult to build a universe in an opening issue without resorting to a bunch of clunky exposition. The world-building here is so effortless and unobtrusive that it reminds me of Saga #1. And that's about the highest praise a comic book can get these days.