Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Not even close to as bad as Chuck Austen...no one is.
    Chuck Austen's run had no lasting effects on the franchise. Can the same be said for Fraction ?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Chuck Austen's run had no lasting effects on the franchise. Can the same be said for Fraction ?
    Well, yeah? What's still in place since Fraction's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    I stand by Fraction having had the worst Uncanny run to date and it being responsible for much of the state of the X-Books today.
    LOL, what? Absolutely not. On either count.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    LOL, what? Absolutely not. On either count.
    Agreed. Fraction isn't responsible for the decline of the X-Men. A shift off attention to a higher grossing property is the reason for the decline.

Listen, Disney has made it clear what priority they place on these titles. Crystal clear. Look at the toys and look at the marketing. The X-Men (probably due to the Fox deal) are not in the forefront now.

Now back to Fraction. Fraction's only fault is that in his run he did something different. It resonated with some and with others like myself we found it boring. And the Storm fans were going nuts because of how the character was marginalized. Fraction did try to have Storm at least present in the stories and he was criticized for that. My major beef with him was that he totally negated the changes made to Professor X and rendered the character utterly useless. His death in AVX meant next to nothing... in my continuity Charles died during Messiah Complex by Bishop's gun.

BANNED

Next to impossible for me to fairly rate.

I absolutely hated Fraction's run and it actually drove me to do something I'd never done since starting in 1986- stop reading Uncanny X-men. That said I'm very aware that it may just have been the art making me hate it so much but in comics its very hard to divorce the art from the writing, especially when the art is so horrible (and I say this as someone who actually liked Greg Land back in his Crossgen days).

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

The run can be a bit over the place, but it's some of the earliest Uncanny I read and I really did appreciate the changes with Magneto and the Utopia setting during the run. X-Club were surprisingly interesting characters.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    The run can be a bit over the place, but it's some of the earliest Uncanny I read and I really did appreciate the changes with Magneto and the Utopia setting during the run. X-Club were surprisingly interesting characters.
    But you know what was interesting here during that run? Posters were so dejected about the run, that they pushed Kyle and Yost's X-Force as the flagship. Nearly all the posters called it that but quickly changed their tune when Necrosha happened. I think at the time they were complaining that Fraction's "super hero decadence" era lacked the action and intrigue of X-Force at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsmoar View Post
    I stand by Fraction having had the worst Uncanny run to date and it being responsible for much of the state of the X-Books today.
    I think that honor goes to Bendis, not Fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I think that honor goes to Bendis, not Fraction.
    We should wait until Bendis' run is over and see what it has (or hasn't) accomplished to make this judgement, I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    But you know what was interesting here during that run? Posters were so dejected about the run, that they pushed Kyle and Yost's X-Force as the flagship. Nearly all the posters called it that but quickly changed their tune when Necrosha happened. I think at the time they were complaining that Fraction's "super hero decadence" era lacked the action and intrigue of X-Force at the time.
    I was clutching Legacy as my flagship.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    I was clutching Legacy as my flagship.
    Carey's Legacy started off strong with a thorough re-examination of Xavier's motives, set to a beautifully-positioned yet louche as **** Miss Sinister as his foil. Some of the best x-issues ever.

By the end, it was just Rogue snooping for clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    We should wait until Bendis' run is over and see what it has (or hasn't) accomplished to make this judgement, I think.
    Can you say, "No More Mutants"?

Besides, look how incredibly slow and stupid has run has been already. The boring ass O5 has been dumped in the present as kids screwing up the timeline and duplicating characters (stupid and unimaginative) and Cyclops and a team full of lame new mutants stand around every issue talking about a Revolution that they still haven't had yet (slow and boring).

Yeah. Bendis has been doing such a greeeeeat job with the X-Men franchise for the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Carey's Legacy started off strong with a thorough re-examination of Xavier's motives, set to a beautifully-positioned yet louche as **** Miss Sinister as his foil. Some of the best x-issues ever.

By the end, it was just Rogue snooping for clues.
    LOL, pretty much.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    I spent X-Force thinking "this is kind of mediocre why is this acclaimed."
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I spent X-Force thinking "this is kind of mediocre why is this acclaimed."
    It was much better than any X-Force that came after it.