Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I think that honor goes to Bendis, not Fraction.
    I'll take Bendis over Fraction, Joe Casey, Chuck Austen, Seagle and Kelly, and a whole host of others who have been there at times since Claremont left the first time in the early 90's. I'd put Bendis as the 4th best X-writer on any X-book since 2000 behind Mike Carey, Grant Morrison, and Rick Remender. Bendis has his flaws (way too decompressed) but he's still improved the book greatly over what it had been it had been drug down too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I'll take Bendis over Fraction, Joe Casey, Chuck Austen, Seagle and Kelly, and a whole host of others who have been there at times since Claremont left the first time in the early 90's. I'd put Bendis as the 4th best X-writer on any X-book since 2000 behind Mike Carey, Grant Morrison, and Rick Remender. Bendis has his flaws (way too decompressed) but he's still improved the book greatly over what it had been it had been drug down too.
    Well, we definitely have different tastes...because I think Mike Carey was mediocre at best and Morrison & Remender both suck hard...almost as bad as Claremont these days.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Well, we definitely have different tastes...because I think Mike Carey was mediocre at best and Morrison & Remender both suck hard...almost as bad as Claremont these days.
    Wow. You and I also have very different tastes!

I thought the Fraction run was pretty good, despite the horrendous art. I'd love to have seen it with an artist I like

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    Wow. You and I also have very different tastes!

I thought the Fraction run was pretty good, despite the horrendous art. I'd love to have seen it with an artist I like
    I thought Fraction's run was generally good...not great but good...I do think they had he had a great set up though...I wish Brubaker had stayed on to co-write with him as he was supposed to because they really work well together (as seen on Iron Fist) and I think Brubaker could have smoothed over the rough edges.

As to Remender and Morrison, characterization is key with me...they come up with some wildly imaginative plotlines but they are both absolute **** with characterization if they didn't create (or recreate) the character themselves...so I think they both suck...Carey's run started out well enough but all the Rogue/Magneto crap got old real fast.

I actually didn't particularly like Carey's run to be honest. Couldn't get on board with the art for the majority of it.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    It was much better than any X-Force that came after it.
    I thought Uncanny X-Force was a lot better myself. (Not the NOW! run, mind.)
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I thought Uncanny X-Force was a lot better myself. (Not the NOW! run, mind.)
    I loath pretty much anything Remender has done at Marvel...love some of his independent stuff (Fear Agent rocked!) but the guy is just crap at maintaining pre-established characterization and I don't like most of his plotlines (HATE what he did with AoA in X-Force, for instance)...the Kyle/Yost X-Force had great stories and pretty much everyone seemed to be in character...and, if they weren't, there was a story reason for it...you can't say that about anything Remender has done at Marvel (except maybe AXIS now where there is a story reason for everyone to be out of character but it still doesn't explain why most of them were already out of character).