Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What are some story lines you want DCU/VCU to adapt?

Hey Guys,

Since DC has already announced a movie slate (for the next 5 years). I am wondering what are some story lines you would like to see on the big screen? On Both DC and Vertigo Cinematic Universe(s)?

Here are some of my favorites:

Throne of Atlantis: Aquaman/JL movie
    Court of Owls: Bat Family Movie
    Infinite Crisis: Can't do this now, but later on, maybe in 2022 or something? I would love to see Brother Eye and OMAC on the screen!
    Final Crisis: Best Darkseid Story (I think they should do a adaptation of this when Darkseid shows up; this will help to show how powerful he really is. Enslaving humanity to his will by using Technology!).
    Titans Tomorrow - Would love to see this!
    Sinestro Corps War and Subsequent Storylines (to different extents) - Basically make a different franchises out of this. Bigger than Star Wars and maybe Star Trek (if they do it right!). 7 Corps, War of Lights! Would very well like to see a R-rated Red Lanterns movie.
    Swamp Thing/Animal Man - Rot World, Different Avatars fighting for their kingdoms. Multiple movies if done right.
    Y: The Last man
    Transmetropolitan

What about you? What are some story lines you like? How could you like to see them adapted?
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Final crisis the musical so that superman can sing darkseid to death.

Spectacular Member

I know most of my picks are pre-New 52, however, these are the ones I would love to see adapted.

Legion of Super-Heroes: Legion of the Damned/Legion Lost
    Superman: New Krypton
    Batman: Batman Reborn
    GL: Sinestro Corps
    Flash: Terminal Velocity
    Kingdom Come
    Wonder Woman: Eyes of the Gorgon
    Checkmate (Rucka's version)

Throne of Atlantis is definitely on my list as Justice League/Aquaman two-part thing or whatever. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't go down this route, with the Aquaman movie setting up The Trench and the following Justice League picking it up with Throne of Atlantis.

Final Crisis is another one I think would be amazing for their big Justice League movie a la Marvel's Infinity War.

I know this is becoming a bit much, but I'd love a Trinity War/Forever Evil movie (or maybe two-parter) too.

I'd love the new Green Lantern franchise to spin into Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night (a trilogy of Secret Origin, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night would have pride of place on my DVD shelf).

Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post
    I know most of my picks are pre-New 52, however, these are the ones I would love to see adapted.

Legion of Super-Heroes: Legion of the Damned/Legion Lost
    Superman: New Krypton
    Batman: Batman Reborn
    GL: Sinestro Corps
    Flash: Terminal Velocity
    Kingdom Come
    Wonder Woman: Eyes of the Gorgon
    Checkmate (Rucka's version)
    Yeah, lot of good pre new 52 to adapt

Kingdom Come can be one of those alternate movie universes (or perhaps just the end of this coming universe)...and then reboot the whole thing again (or create a crisis and reboot!).

Would love to see Checkmate too!

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Throne of Atlantis is definitely on my list as Justice League/Aquaman two-part thing or whatever. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't go down this route, with the Aquaman movie setting up The Trench and the following Justice League picking it up with Throne of Atlantis.

Final Crisis is another one I think would be amazing for their big Justice League movie a la Marvel's Infinity War.

I know this is becoming a bit much, but I'd love a Trinity War/Forever Evil movie (or maybe two-parter) too.

I'd love the new Green Lantern franchise to spin into Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night (a trilogy of Secret Origin, Sinestro Corps War, and Blackest Night would have pride of place on my DVD shelf).
    Yeah, they are most likely to go that route.

That would be awesome. Great way to introduce CSA!

Agreed
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Hey Guys,

Since DC has already announced a movie slate (for the next 5 years). I am wondering what are some story lines you would like to see on the big screen? On Both DC and Vertigo Cinematic Universe(s)?
    I would be happy with the adaptation of any of the Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale Batman or Superman mini series.

Sandy Hausler

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I personally think Marvel is treading into slightly dangerous territory with live action adaptations of pre-existing comic stories, however, Winter Soldier was infinitely better than CA: TFA so if they can keep that level of quality I'm happy.

Anyway, I'd love a live-action adaptation of Under the Hood.

Though impossibly unlikely, I'd adore a multi-film version of No Man's Land (set out in acts, like LOTR).

New World Order (Morisson's JLA 1-4) would be epic! As would his Earth 2.

EDIT: WB should re-do "The Losers" and not suck this time! Maybe better as a TV show.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

What else other than All-Star Batman & Robin?

And I guess a proper Dangerous Habits adaptation as well.

I've already posted this on another thread, however, it also fits here, so, here it goes:

Doom Patrol - Great characters, great stories, stand alone. The tone for this movie to work would be the greatest challange. It can be a little scary and wierd, however it should never pretend not being a Super-hero movie, which is what it is.
    Steve Ditko's Shade the Changing Man - Action packed (which Milligan's. IMHO, subpar copy never was) and visually exciting. Drama, intrigue, romance, action, this one has it all.
    Steve Ditko's Starman - Once again, drama, intrigue, romance, action and wierdness, this one also has it all.
    Green Lantern - This have megablockbuster written all over. DC has to try again. Their biggest mistake? Among other things, IMHO, foccusing too much on Earth and on Hal's personal drama. GL should be about the Corps, about Hal (or Guy, or John, or etc...) going against the rules and becoming the greatest GL of all. The outcast rookie that rises to lead them all. That has potential to be BIG! (Plus, the whole Hal screw up freezing in the plane because of fear was really stupid and missing the point. Hal was chosen because he didn't have fear. He had already seen his biggest fear come true when his father died. Nothing else was capable of scaring him.) All that said, I don't hate Reynold's GL as much as other do. I just think it could have been (and be) soooooooo much better.
    Hawkworld could be a cool franchise if they followed the whole political angle of legendary hero's son /political embarrasment police officer Katar Hall (himself a controversial hero) sent to Earth's Thangarain embassy under the watch of his "partner" Shiera Thal, until they free themselves from the government clutches and proceed to free both worlds. I could be awsome!
    Firestom could also work as a more typical action/adventure fun story.

Peace

Ultimate Member

-Throne of Atlantis.
    -The Long Halloween.
    -Sinestro Corps War.
    -Rage of the Red Lanterns.
    -Wonder Woman: The Circle.

VCU? what is this magic?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Y the Last Man had been in the works since at least 2007. It had just not gone anywhere. New Line had it, but lost it a few months ago back to Vaughn.

https://twitter.com/DannyTRS/status/514946475181498368

BANNED

Only one I ever wanted to see was Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Almost impossible now that they changed to the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Anyway, I'd love a live-action adaptation of Under the Hood.
    Add this to my list. Can't believe I forgot about it. The Animated movie's biggest mistake was sticking as close as it did to the flawed comic, making it itself quite flawed. A live-action attempt within the framework on an interconnected cinematic universe can only improve on the formula, which would elevate it from great to absolutely amazing.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Shouldn't be be DCCU :P

Anyway, Throne of Atlantis should deffo be up there and looks like they'll be heading that route.
    Court of Owls is a good one, as is Zero Year if they wanna go down that route.
    Would also like to see the Other's incorporated in maybe an Aqua sequel.
    A Batman Inc spin off film maybe?
    Coffin Hill as a small budget one.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.